• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Paul MacLean's Mustache

Kovalchuk traded to New Jersey

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

One of the best goalscorers in the game, an offensive d-man, mid-to-early pick

for

A solid 2nd/3rd pairing defenseman, rookie goal scorer, s***bag, two late round picks

Edited by Lidstromboli

Frig, the Flames got more for Phaneuf. What the hell?

Atlanta now has 4swedes

Enstrom, Hedberg, Oduya, Bergfors interesting

You sound interested in joining their fanbase. You think the Red Wings are constantly disappointing? Try following a team that's only made the playoffs once in 10 years.

No, seriously, try it.

Frig, the Flames got more for Phaneuf. What the hell?

You sound interested in joining their fanbase. You think the Red Wings are constantly disappointing? Try following a team that's only made the playoffs once in 10 years.

No, seriously, try it.

What the hell for, when he can join the Pens or Devils?

This trade is an absolute STEAL for the devils. Seriously unbelievable. I was thinking they would at least have to give up zajac or elias. Devils just scored big time with this trade. Imagine how deadly Kovalchuk will be with Parise. Wow.

What happens if the Devils are unable to sign Kovy to a contract?

A lot to give for a short term stint

Guest Lidstromboli

all of the people they traded away are easily replaceable

as I thought Kovalchuk will want to go to a big Russian speaking area, like NYC metro... It may be rental for now, but I can see him stay with the Devils or end up with the Rangers... in terms of lifestyle for Russian speaking players even with fantastic English, NYC is a great area to live in...

True. But Kovalchuk is a dynamic superstar added to an already playoff ready devils team with arguably the best goalie in the world. If this results in a Stanley Cup championship, they could lose Kovy next offseason and they still wouldn't regret it at all. It's all about Lord Stanley. And from the looks of things, the devils are quite the contender before and especially now after this trade.

I'm sorry, but to me this just reeks of rental.

I agree 100%. This whole situation really makes me feel like Kovie is KHL bound after this season. He turned down HUGE money, so the only thing left is that he wants to be in a specific place. Atlanta's not exactly a top-tier organization. I could see him staying with New Jersey, though. They have a very good organization with a good GM.

Something about the whole thing just screams rental though... agreed.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

It won't matter if they win the Cup.

Awesome deal for NJ (rental or not). I hope Kovulchuk does well there.

I'll be rooting for the Devils when if we do not make the playoffs.

Edited by syntax

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I agree 100%. This whole situation really makes me feel like Kovie is KHL bound after this season. He turned down HUGE money, so the only thing left is that he wants to be in a specific place. Atlanta's not exactly a top-tier organization. I could see him staying with New Jersey, though. They have a very good organization with a good GM.

Something about the whole thing just screams rental though... agreed.

I tend to believe that Kovy wanted out of Atlanta. The management is mediocre and the ownership is not willing to make the commitment it takes to win. Money is nice, but sometimes winning can trump money. Kovy can still make a great deal of money and play for a good team.

I also think this is a rental situation. Kovy doesn't seem like a good fit for NJ. His defense is lacking (non-existent) and we all know what Jacques Lemaire loves.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The reporters tweeting about the conference call make me want to listen to it. Apparently it's cuss filled.

Deal was good for NJ but hey I doubt Kovalchuk will re-sign with them. I don't think he will enjoy to much the defensive system in NJ.

Mogilny back in a day did very well with NJ and he was an offensive player and Devils did win the cup with him...