• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan40

Slava Kozlov back to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Yes, I too would rather have Maxim Afinogenov!!! He's way cheaper too. More realistic and I've wanted him in Detroit for a LONG time. Ever since seeing the chemistry that he and Datsyuk have (in the Worlds I think it was).

I caught soem flack last summer on these boards for saying I wanted the Wings to offer him a 750k 1 year deal. There's no denying his skill and I'm really not surprised he's kind of turned thigns around this season. That being said, I dont know what it would take to get him out of Atlanta but if I were Holland I would definitely make a call to find out.

Yes, I too would rather have Maxim Afinogenov!!! He's way cheaper too. More realistic and I've wanted him in Detroit for a LONG time. Ever since seeing the chemistry that he and Datsyuk have (in the Worlds I think it was).

I'm still confused as to why Kenny never signed him in the off season, I thought for sure Afi was coming here! But it's not too late, again get it done Kenny!

That means that the ZDH line would be intact. We all know Babcock is reluctant to do so unless absolutely necessary.
Not necessarily. I mean it could as well be ZDB and FFH.

Does anyone see Filppula as a top six winger possible in the future?

AS much as I like Filppula, and believe me I really do, I think the Wings are so much strong with him as the 3rd centre right now. It's not even just about offence either. Filppula is turning into a great defensive centre (with relatively good offensive capabilities too) but right now he's just not at the same level as Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Splitting Datsyuk and Zetterberg up also forces other teams to be mindful of matching their lines up against ours. They have to constantly be weary of one of our big guns being on the ice.

To me, if you look around the league and compare Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Helm I dont think you can find a team any stronger down the middle.

If you stick with that you can fiddle with all the wingers and who is working well with who at any particular time. I like seeing well balanced lines. Cleary and Holmstrom on separate lines. Bertuzzi and Franzen on separate lines. s*** like that

That being said, there are times in a game where a Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi line could be good. Or split by Datsyuk or Filppula.

To me, if you look around the league and compare Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, and Helm I dont think you can find a team any stronger down the middle.
I think Crosby-Malkin-Staal-Talbot is pretty good. Not to argue against your other points though.

I think Crosby-Malkin-Staal-Talbot is pretty good. Not to argue against your other points though.

yeah they are for sure - i guess i was saying we're about as good as it gets or at least right up there at the top

He seemed to always show up in the playoffs!

We could have a Russian Two!

Oh yeah. Opponents like to pummel him, like it makes them look good hitting a player usually smaller than them, but he still seems to have it, and it would most definitely, even if it's only partially bring back some great memories.

...sniff...

How does IR and cap hit work? Doesn't putting players on IR lessen the cap burden? If so the Red Wings would have the most reduced cap hit, since about 28 players were out of the line up at one point.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind it, but it does seem to hurt the progress of younger players, for another older player.

Before all the experts come in here to say how ridiculous this is, I think it would be a decent move. At least to stop the bleeding for a while. I've always had a soft spot for Kozlov, and I think he'd fit in pretty well being one of Pavel's trigger men. I don't know, maybe it's the thought of seeing the old #13 and the new #13 play together, but I think It would be a decent move.

Kozlov is still an effective player with a scoring touch. Especially for the cheap cost (relatively).

I don't know if this is feasible, but perhaps since Atlanta is rebuilding, Leino and Meech for Kozlov? I'm not sure if Atlanta would want another defenseman. I think that clears the cap space, gives them Leino who might be more comfortable there and if Atlanta still thinks he has potential it would help them. Meech would just be sweetening the deal and to clear more space.

I would want Kozlov back. But if it's not Leino-Meech, I don't see how it could happen without us losing too much in return.

Kozlov is still an effective player with a scoring touch. Especially for the cheap cost (relatively).

I don't know if this is feasible, but perhaps since Atlanta is rebuilding, Leino and Meech for Kozlov? I'm not sure if Atlanta would want another defenseman. I think that clears the cap space, gives them Leino who might be more comfortable there and if Atlanta still thinks he has potential it would help them. Meech would just be sweetening the deal and to clear more space.

I would want Kozlov back. But if it's not Leino-Meech, I don't see how it could happen without us losing too much in return.

I agree with this train of thought however, instead of Meech, send a draft pick. A pick could be more attractive to the Thrashers in many ways. Maybe a 4th? That for any of them. Kozlov, Armstrong, maybe even Afinogenov although I don't think too much of him.

For those saying Kozzy doesn't have it... He is just a season removed from being a ppg player, and the atmosphere in Atlanta, with Kovy rumors all season, isn't that fun to play in I imagine. He's always had a lot of ups and down, and with a change of scenery back to a legit team, I think Kozzy would shine again. I would love to have him back.

He's only played like 4 playoff games since he left here.

Also, he's 38 years old. Not much long term potential there.

I enjoyed rooting for him in Detroit, but this is not going to solve anything for us. We have scoring depth on paper, it just doesn't show up on the ice.

How does IR and cap hit work? Doesn't putting players on IR lessen the cap burden? If so the Red Wings would have the most reduced cap hit, since about 28 players were out of the line up at one point.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind it, but it does seem to hurt the progress of younger players, for another older player.

LTIR allows teams to bring someone on the team that can 'replace' an injured persons salary. however, if you bring someone in for less salary, you do not get to accumulate that cap savings for later in the year. thats one of the reasons the wings had to just stick with callups because had they made a move earlier in the year to bring people in, then once players returned, they would have had major cap problems.

Would he and Dats have to share #13?

I have (and still wear) Kozlov's #13 sweater. I'd love to get him back on the Wings. I thought it was a mistake to let him go in the first place. Sorry Kozzy, ya gotta pick another number...

3-5 years ago this might have made sense. Now? He plays softer than Williams and is not going to help us. He's not going to be effective at even strength in the top 6. Not suited for a role in the bottom 6. So what's the point? Some of you guys don't watch other games around this league.

A big NO THANKS!