• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan40

Slava Kozlov back to Detroit?

Rate this topic

another natural scorer in the lineup rather than another checker....i love the helms and millers of the world but they wont score enough to win us games.

Kozlov and Helm have the same amount of goals right now, and Miller has one less than each of them at 7. I don't know if Kozlov is fresh enough to be considered a natural scorer these days. Granted he is a year removed from a 26 goal season, but he's also one of the oldest players in the league. Personally I don't think its worth it, considering his play this season, his caphit, our capspace and the fact there are a number of other players the Wings could look to for scoring, should they find it necessary to trade for a goal scorer.

Megan Fox, although he wasn't in the movie Avatar.

Nice! I saw one of her movies and thought she was overrated, but I love that pic!!

Does everybody realize that his cap hit is, what, 3.7 million? So we'd have to trade that dolloar for dollar as Holland said to make it work???

It's not happening folks.

Wait!! Unless we trade Frazen strait up for him!!! Or how about Kronwall and Leino?

Didn't think so. This report is SO BOGUS!!!

:thumbup:

That's what I'm saying! Bringin' Kozlov here makes no Fu$?ing sence at all! Cap hit at 3.7 ?? And were giving Leino for f*** sakes? Retarted

As much as I want Kozlov to retire a Wing, I don't think this is the right move for the team at this point, mainly for the cap hit, but also we are in danger of missing the playoffs, and while we need scoring, I don't think we necesasrily need to bring it in from the outside, we have guys that can score but just aren't playing up to what they're capable of.

That being said, I would have no problem if Kozlov signed here as a UFA in the offseason, for a much lower salary of course. He's still got it in him despite his disappointing numbers this year.

I saw him play last year in Tampa and man he looked great out there. The game went to a shootout and when Kozzie was getting ready to shoot I told my cousins "its over boys" and with that same quick trigger it was in the net. He was always a favorite player of mine back in his Wings days. I'm sure after Kovy leaving Slava would be thrilled to come back here. Who knows though. Nothing will probably come of it.

Nah - I think the Martin Lapointe thread from a few years ago might've gathered more steam than this one ^_^

BRING BACK LAPOINTE!

Honestly, though, how did that guy earn so much money over the course of his career?

Report on Kozlov over the years is that he's been one of those Russians who has been a fanatic about manitaining fitness. He's probably got another 2-3 decent seasons for him, though not for the price he is right now.

Do you realize that 3 of the 5 Russian 5 players have been involved in catostrophic car wrecks? Kozlov was in a wreck back in Russia where i believe his best friend was killed, then Vladdy and Papa Bear along with Mnatskanov. Maybe these 5 players had (have) such great long careers (save for Vladdy) because of their appreciation for life which drives their conditioning. As far as the topic goes, I would LOVE to see Slava back here. He is our last chance to see 1 of the 5 play in our sweater.

10053.jpg

I think he has the best shoot out %... If we could of afford it, it would be a good risk.. We really do suck in the shootout imagine all those extra points we could of hadddddddddddddddd.

I love Slava but if we are after a top 6 winger with that type of salary that we need to clear room for I rather it be someone who can score some goals with more size. We have enough guys on this team who are playmakers and not straight up goal scorers ala (shanahan,hull,hossa) We need to find a second tier top scorer out there because we won't be able to fit any big names under the cap without drastically changing the roster. Maybe someone like Ryder or Jokinen from Carolina.

I love Slava but if we are after a top 6 winger with that type of salary that we need to clear room for I rather it be someone who can score some goals with more size. We have enough guys on this team who are playmakers and not straight up goal scorers ala (shanahan,hull,hossa) We need to find a second tier top scorer out there because we won't be able to fit any big names under the cap without drastically changing the roster. Maybe someone like Ryder or Jokinen from Carolina.

You never know, a player like Michael Ryder could do well in Detroit.

So I guess since Federov is in Russia and we can't really trade with Russian teams, Kozlov is the centerpiece of this year's "returning hero" rumor...

Umm, I highly doubt it's going to happen. As in, we had a better shot at landing Kovalchuck. Wait, wait, try this...we still have a better chance at landing Kovalchuck.

I love Kozlov and at the right price he could be a real nice addition to this team in the off-season for more than just the sake of nostalgia. However, I don't even know if he's a free agent and the "right price" is nowhere near his current cap hit...

IMO when franzen comes back our offense will be fine.

need new defense coach instead of another player! all the skill is there just gotta tighten up and defense coach isnt helping out with that obv

Edited by brett

Guest Lidstromboli

he's been a scratch a couple of times this year

and has a cap hit that would require a lot of moving to make room for

do-not-want-dog.jpg

This just resurfaced:

From NHLSourcesSay on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/NHLSOURCESSAY

# Slava Kozlov has interest around the league, he will most likely be dealt by the deadline,the Kings and Wings are among the teams interested 11 minutes ago from web

interesting to hear that again from another source... I just wonder what it would take to make it happen.