• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan40

Slava Kozlov back to Detroit?

Rate this topic

I think it'd be great if he came cheap. It all depends on where the Wings stand at the deadline. If the playoffs look slim they might as well sell a few guys who'll be going anyway-- Williams and Lebda, for example.

If we're a playoff team pick Kozlov up.

I always liked Afinogenov, and I always wanted the Wings to pick him up for cheap as a UFA, but yeah, now he'd be harder to get... It wouldn't be bad though. Kozlov? Yeah, he's still good too, hell maybe better than he was with the Wings. Pick him up, a decent clutch playoff guy, why not?

I'm not one to so easily get on the Nostalgia Bus.

In 50 Games Played he has 8 goals, 15 assists, and he will be 38 years old in May.

Clutch in the playoffs, okay... but when was the last time Kozzie saw the playoffs?

Does he still have it?

He is a UFA after this year.

I mean, does he want to retire a Red Wing?

Well, that's nice and everything, but I don't know if this makes much sense for us.

yeah...but here in Atlanta the strategy is....get the puck to Kovalchuk....this has created a lot of turnovers. Trust me...I have watched a lot of their games as a hometown fan....He still has the sniper ability and with Huds and Hossa gone this could be a good pick up. He would be great on the 2nd line of a PP. He moves the puck really well

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I caught soem flack last summer on these boards for saying I wanted the Wings to offer him a 750k 1 year deal. There's no denying his skill and I'm really not surprised he's kind of turned thigns around this season. That being said, I dont know what it would take to get him out of Atlanta but if I were Holland I would definitely make a call to find out.

Yeah it was funny, these boards ate me alive when I made a post suggesting we sign him. I don't remember this many supporters this summer lol

Yeah it was funny, these boards ate me alive when I made a post suggesting we sign him. I don't remember this many supporters this summer lol

That's because everyone was crying out for Travis Moen. :ph34r:

There. I did it. I brought this discussion all the way back to July or August of 2009.

...and they say TIME TRAVEL is impossible!

Edited by e_prime

I think it'd be great if he came cheap. It all depends on where the Wings stand at the deadline. If the playoffs look slim they might as well sell a few guys who'll be going anyway-- Williams and Lebda, for example.

If we're a playoff team pick Kozlov up.

With his cap hit nearly $4 million, that's impossible.

am i missing something here....i thought you wouldn't take his full cap hit....i thought i read somewhere since we only have like 20+ games left it would only be like a .02 something of his full or something like that.....or i may be smoking something.

The per day cap hit is all that matters to us, and that doesn't change.

If we had any accrued cap space it would be different, but we don't (and can't get enough before the deadline to make a difference).

Afinogenov is probably also much harder to get.

That's definitely true. There would be pros and cons acquiring either Afinoganov or Kozlov. Kozlov would present cap issues while Afinoganov would take more to get.

It's not surprising. At the time though I could certainly understand how ppl wouldnt have wanted to take a chance on him. Obviously his play, to this point in the season, may have changed a lot of opinions.

But you're right, most on this site were totally against it for the likes of Moen, Malholtra, Grier etc.

am i missing something here....i thought you wouldn't take his full cap hit....i thought i read somewhere since we only have like 20+ games left it would only be like a .02 something of his full or something like that.....or i may be smoking something.

You're referring to when you start the season with some cap space, say for example $1M, and since the trade deadline falls approximately at the 75% mark of the season you are then able to take on a player with an annual of $4M. A general rule of thumb is to take the cap space you have available (using the annual numbers) and multiply by 4.

Guest mindfly
Whats the argument for bringing Kozlov to Detroit?

Probably don't have to give much in return to atlanta?

Leino+Lebda+5th pick or something could probably do it.

Edited by mindfly

Guest Crymson
One of the most consistent playoffs scorers of the 90s. I would take him.

Note the key phrase in your statement: "of the 90s". If you hadn't noticed, we're not on the 90s and we're past even the 00s.

Yeesh. This has got to be one of the most ridiculous of all the ridiculous nostalgic posts I've seen on these boards.

Edited by Crymson

Does everybody realize that his cap hit is, what, 3.7 million? So we'd have to trade that dolloar for dollar as Holland said to make it work???

It's not happening folks.

Wait!! Unless we trade Frazen strait up for him!!! Or how about Kronwall and Leino?

Didn't think so. This report is SO BOGUS!!!

But what's the argument for him to be here? This just sounds like wanting to make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

another natural scorer in the lineup rather than another checker....i love the helms and millers of the world but they wont score enough to win us games.