• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Jiri Hudler update

Rate this topic

Games Goals Assists Points

51 19 32 51

Hes currently 8th in scoring in the KHL and playing really strong, am I the only one who wishes he was here this season?

Games Goals Assists Points

51 19 32 51

Hes currently 8th in scoring in the KHL and playing really strong, am I the only one who wishes he was here this season?

I have heard from an inside source that he was all but signed this summer... however, Kenny balked at the price, and in a conversation with Hudler's agent, alluded to the fact that he didn't think Hudler was worth what they had agreed upon. It was then that Hudler's agent, appalled at Holland's comments, began seeking other opportunities, with Hudler subsequently signing in Russia. It ended up being because of Holland that Hudler decided to sign in Russia despite his seemingly binding arbitration. On that note, Mike Ilitch was pissed.

It will be interesting to see if he ever comes back over here after that.

I have heard from an inside source that he was all but signed this summer... however, Kenny balked at the price, and in a conversation with Hudler's agent, alluded to the fact that he didn't think Hudler was worth what they had agreed upon. It was then that Hudler's agent, appalled at Holland's comments, began seeking other opportunities, with Hudler subsequently signing in Russia. It ended up being because of Holland that Hudler decided to sign in Russia despite his seemingly binding arbitration. On that note, Mike Ilitch was pissed.

It will be interesting to see if he ever comes back over here after that.

He centered the top line for Team Jagr, and he got a goal and an assist in their All-star game.

I hope he comes back... He is somebody very useful on the PP and our third line. He can shoot and put the puck in the net. Him and Samulson were huge reasons the team was so dangerous last year. I though I remember reading somewhere that Hudler had called Holland to wish him a Merry Christmas... Good to see a positive relationship is still there and hopefully he will be coming back next year.

He'd probably be underachieving or injured like everyone else on the team.

The KHL is a league where a soft player like him can succeed and be one of the league leaders in points. Wouldn't work here in the NHL for him.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Keep in mind that while the KHL is a "lower league" secondary assists are rarely given, and many players points totals actually dip in the league. I fully and truly belive that if Hudler was on the team this season he would be putting up a 65-70 point pace this year. He is one of the best natural and pure talents in the world.

Keep in mind that while the KHL is a "lower league" secondary assists are rarely given, and many players points totals actually dip in the league. I fully and truly belive that if Hudler was on the team this season he would be putting up a 65-70 point pace this year. He is one of the best natural and pure talents in the world.

In other words, he'd lead the entire team in scoring?

No way. He's not the kind of guy that could lead a team full of underachieving players out of a s***hole. He's a guy that always played well when everything else was going well, and when the team was putting up huge numbers.

Hudler would be an improvement over some of our other players, but he wouldn't be scoring more than Pavel or Hank. He ain't that good.

He'd probably be underachieving or injured like everyone else on the team.

The KHL is a league where a soft player like him can succeed and be one of the league leaders in points. Wouldn't work here in the NHL for him.

Which is why a lot of the softer European players do exceed in the AHL where the skill level isn't as up to par as it should be. IF you have a lot of skills in an inferior league, you will put up numbers.

No way. He's not the kind of guy that could lead a team full of underachieving players out of a s***hole. He's a guy that always played well when everything else was going well, and when the team was putting up huge numbers.

Hudler would be an improvement over some of our other players, but he wouldn't be scoring more than Pavel or Hank. He ain't that good.

Yea but when Maltby and Draper are our 3rd line, he would definitely be an improvement over either of them. As for his totals, I think he'd had 40 pts at this point this season, hes clutch.

My thought on it is this- he'll be back next season or Kenny will trade his rights.

He does have the skill set of a natural goal scorer, but obviously doesn't have the physique to match. I still think a guy of his stature could be absolutely dynamite if he hit the gym over the summer- kind of like Marty Lapointe did way back when. Anyone still remember that? Dude put on like 15-20lbs during the summer and was a flat out Moose afterward, for a few years.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Last year as a 3rd liner and inferior linemates, Hudler totaled 57 points. Do you really think that a 7 point increase is that unfathnomable? keep in mind that his age (24-26) is generally when players go from adjusting to entering their prime.

To the bolded part: Take things in context. It honestly is not as improbable as you are making it sound. Keep in mind the context of Z and D's statistics, both are having "down" seasons, Z has been playing with a lingering injury the whole season, and Datsyuk has been without consistent linemates the whole season.

Datsyuk is currently on pace for 66 points through 82 games, and Zetterberg with 70. It is perfectly reasonable to expect both of their numbers to have improved with the inclusion of Hudler, as Hudler would be a better scoring linemate than either player would have been consistently playing with.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Which is why a lot of the softer European players do exceed in the AHL where the skill level isn't as up to par as it should be. IF you have a lot of skills in an inferior league, you will put up numbers.

The NHL must be an inferior league then too, as he put up one of the best points per minute of Ice time in the NHL last year.

Hudler wouldn't be close to that pace here in the NHL.

He had 57 points in 82 games last year. With the injuries we've had this year Hudler would have gotten a ton of PP-time and 1st/2nd line minutes with Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg.

Would he have had a point-per-game pace here? Probably not. But even by a very conservative estimation, let's say 30 points in 59 games, he would have been a huge help for us.

The KHL isn't a bad league. Datsyuk had 32 points in 47 games there during the lockout, only to score 87 points in 75 games the next year with Detroit.

Hudler is doing well over there, against players like Jagr, Morozov, Yashin etc.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Hudler played with Zetterberg and Hossa a lot, along with a lot of PP time (he was 3rd in PP time for forwards). It's not like if he was out he was only playing with Maltby and Draper.

Hudler Helm and Downey was a line "a lot" too. I can honestly not recall a single even strength instance where Hudler was paired with Hossa or Zetterberg for more than a game at a time. Maybe I just have a very selective memory but Hudler's primary linemates were often the likes of Sammuelson or Filppula. If you can dig up some proof for your claims such as GDT line threads I will chalk it up to my bad memory, but honestly, Hudler did not play under any circumstance "a lot" with either fo those 2 players.