• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWings

Did Crosby earn your respect?

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!
You can say Crosby is a whiner or a diver, you can say he's ugly, you can call him a ***, do what you gotta do but I don't see how people can play it off like this guy isn't humble.... and most are probably Ovechkin fans I bet.... Crosby is honestly one of the most humble guys there is.....if you disagree you don't know the meaning of the word

Humble people give credit to their opponent, something that Crosby fails to grasp.

A hot schmexy body that any woman would want!

Are you talking about Sidney or Kate Winslet? Because I agree, Kate Winslet has a hot schmexy body that most women would kill for, myself included. I want her body and Catherine Zeta-Jones' hair.

Guest Lidstromboli

dont see how scoring on a gimme in overtime would make anyone respect him more

Man I wish I knew what Sidney Crosby was like personally.

How did you get to know him like that?

For me, I dunno. He really seems humble in the Tim Horton's commercials. And the Nike commercials. And the Gatorade commercials. And the 200 times they interviewed him in the last couple of weeks.

For me, I dunno. He really seems humble in the Tim Horton's commercials. And the Nike commercials. And the Gatorade commercials. And the 200 times they interviewed him in the last couple of weeks.

Well, if a guy like Igor Larionov shows respect for the guy, then I think he has something to be respected for.

But LGW will keep drinking the haterade.

You can say Crosby is a whiner or a diver, you can say he's ugly, you can call him a ***, do what you gotta do but I don't see how people can play it off like this guy isn't humble.... and most are probably Ovechkin fans I bet.... Crosby is honestly one of the most humble guys there is.....if you disagree you don't know the meaning of the word

Humble

1.not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.

2.having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.

3.low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.

4.courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.

5.low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.

To say Crosby is humble is a joke, good player, but not humble. Humble people give respect to the other team/players. Saying "I did not expect it to be that close" is not humble.

dont see how scoring on a gimme in overtime would make anyone respect him more

that's not a gimme... he's facing miller.

And he missed a huge breakaway with 2 min left in the third.

If Canada had lost, the guy would have been blamed for years, pressure was maximal, i really thought he would s*** in his panties

Well, if a guy like Igor Larionov shows respect for the guy, then I think he has something to be respected for.

But LGW will keep drinking the haterade.

lol Some of LGW hate him. You don't need to defend him like a dotting mother. :P

It has absolutely nothing to do with jealousy, it has absolutely nothing to do with not recogonizing he is one of the better players in the game right now. I respect his game and talent.

I don't respect his quesitonable attitude/whining, and I don't respect the over-attention and leg humping thrown his way. It's irritating and it's a shame some people on here still do not get that's what people have been upset with regarding Crosby all along.

lol Some of LGW hate him. You don't need to defend him like a dotting mother. :P

There isn't much else on LGW to talk about.

The most entertaining thing right now is to poke at haters of Crosby and discuss the game. I've done more of the former than the latter, but hey.

Man I wish I knew what Sidney Crosby was like personally.

How did you get to know him like that?

He was pretty likable as a kid. I remember him being a kind of quiet kid who was nice enough. He definitely was a jerk or anything like that.

Guest Shoreline
I've been here 30 minutes and I already know you're a troll.

However, your name has some variation of Crosby's name, so guess what every post of yours gets to remind people of? Fail.

Edited by Shoreline

He was pretty likable as a kid. I remember him being a kind of quiet kid who was nice enough. He definitely was a jerk or anything like that.

Not to his opponents.

But I remember watching a segment of his "dvd" on youtube (by accident) and the guy actually has a personality. I think he is so affected by the NHL media that he has to be as monotone as humanly possible. Hopefully Yzerman told him how to be humble and personable during these olympics, because he is one of the best hockey guys to play.

There isn't much else on LGW to talk about.

The most entertaining thing right now is to poke at haters of Crosby and discuss the game. I've done more of the former than the latter, but hey.

:lol: I couldn't help by laugh after her scored the game winner. I knew it'd be a s*** show. :)

That being said-- he's my personal hero for the day. I don't care who you are, if you win us a gold medal in OT I'm happy with you.

Not to his opponents.

But I remember watching a segment of his "dvd" on youtube (by accident) and the guy actually has a personality. I think he is so affected by the NHL media that he has to be as monotone as humanly possible. Hopefully Yzerman told him how to be humble and personable during these olympics, because he is one of the best hockey guys to play.

He only played with my brother for a summer. Before and after that he was playing against Jared. :P And they were still friends, so he must not have been too cocky around Jared. :) I was kind of shocked, though, since my brother is a goalie. You'd think goalies would hate him.

I also believe Crosby brag a lot. He is definitely not classy. Yzerman would never have said that.

He's a ******, but let's admit it a great hockey player tonight.

Anyway Kate Winslet has got a huge ass. In Europe she would be considered as a fattie.

maybe not in her role in Titanic, but definitely after.

I will not lie.. Ive always had a distaste for Crosby and his whineyness.. even being from Nova Scotia myself.. and he was invisible for most of the games during the olympics.. but no one can deny his ability to step up when it mattered most.. maybe it was nothing spectacular but it was really only suiting that he scored the gwg.. Im not gonna get into an America vs Canada argument because both teams played a hell of a game.. There are a lot of players on Team Canada that i dislike just because im a Wings fan.. but that doesnt mean I cant respect a great player for coming up big in a big moment. So yes, Sidney Crosby now has my respect.

i do not like crosby and never will he is not a real hockey hero, the media is always trying to make him seem like a hero in canada but he will never be as good as gretzky or even ovechkin and he will never have the passion of iginla, who should be the captain i feel bad, iginla assisted on crosbys goal no one is talking about him but he is the legend.

Crosby is a great hockey player, there is no doubt. As such, I do respect his skills as a hockey player. With that said, I do not respect him as a person, because there is also no doubt that he is an *******.

His interview just proved it when asked about their victory post-game and part of his response included "we certainly didn't expect it to be that close."

He might as well have said "I honestly thought we were going to run away with it, didn't expect them to be that good" or something to that effect. Damnit! All I think most hockey fans want from Crosby, probably the greatest player of his generation, is to show some f'n respect. Your team was loaded with superstars and you were on home ice and you BARELY beat the youngest team in the tourney, who had just beat you a week ago. His quote should have been "we knew it was gonna be close" or something to that effect.

^^This. You just don't say that, because it betrays a total lack of respect for your opponent. Of course, this is typical of Crosby, and characteristic of his attitude during countless interviews. Nobody can dispute that he's a great player, but he never fails to display the attitude of an arrogant little prick. If you watch a lot of hockey (like most here), and see enough of his interviews, you'll invariably end up disgusted with him for this reason. It really has nothing to do with "jealousy." He's an immature jerk, pure and simple.