• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Bruins - Penguins

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Pittsburgh is up 3-0 in the third....I'm just waiting for the fights to break out.

Cooke fought Thornton in the 1st. Nothing special though.

Been looking forward to this game ever since "the hit," but its been pretty boring thus far...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Cooke fought Thornton in the 1st. Nothing special though.

Been looking forward to this game ever since "the hit," but its been pretty boring thus far...

The Bruins look pathetic. Down 3 midway through the third and they are getting cheered just for shots. They won't fight either. I have a friend in Boston and he is not happy

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Exactly. They should have showed them the Lemieux hit on draper then the brawl that occured back in March of 97 just so the Bruins would have some idea of how to pay back an oppenent.

Bruins are a bunch of *******. I hope Wensink, Jonathan and O'Reilly weren't watching this game.

First Thornton fights Cooke and throws some weak punches after the refs get in there, and then the idiot jawes at Cooke a little. That was their retribution.

WOW, you really sent them a message Boston. :thumbdown:

Bruins are a bunch of *******. I hope Wensink, Jonathan and O'Reilly weren't watching this game.

First Thornton fights Cooke and throws some weak punches after the refs get in there, and then the idiot jawes at Cooke a little. That was their retribution.

What did you expect Boston to do? Every team can't have Andreas Lilja on it.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Zdeno is a great guy. Would love to have him in Detroit...why not replace a (multiple) Norris Winner with another?

Zdeno is a great guy. Would love to have him in Detroit...why not replace a (multiple) Norris Winner with another?

Pretty much what I was thinking. Chara takes A LOT more penalties though. One of the very many things that makes Nick so great is that he's usually not in the box when the Wings have to PK.

What did you expect Boston to do? Every team can't have Andreas Lilja on it.

How about taking runs at Crosby or having someone else fight Cooke again?

The guy takes your best player out for the season and that's how you retaliate at him?

The fans were booing for a reason. Their team showed no guts after that first fight. They might as well have asked Cooke for autographs after that.

He's no Brad May.

I wonder if Colin Campbell's presence had anything to do with the lack of retaliation. People tend to behave themselves when in the presence of their boss. ;)

Spinelss performance. Either beat them on the ice or beat them in the alley after all the build-up. I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs this year after that Virtue and Moir performance.

At least somewhere, Jack Edwards is pissed off and I think that makes me happy on some level.

It was really a pathetic showing. Im not one for going out there and cheap shotting star players so Im not sayin gthe Bruins should have gone out there and taken liberties with Crosby or any other undeserving Penguin but they didn't even show up to play a hard fought game on the ice. It was really pathetic. Thornton's fight against Cooke was just your everyday, regualr NHL fight. He landed one good punch and that's it.

I thought the Bruins really showed a lack of heart. It would have been a real rallying point if Chara had stepped up, grabbed Cooke in an UN-staged fight and just dummied that classly piece of trash and taught him a real lesson in humility. If the league won't police Cooke's actions then Chara should have taken it upon himself, as the Bruins captain, to exact retribution for his fallen teammate.

Even if in Chara's absence the Bruins lost last night's game it would have create momentum for the team. They woudl have come together and rallied around what he did for them and for Savard. Their fans would have fallen in love with the guy all over again and they would have charged down the stretch drive of the season. Besides, it's not like the showed up to play last night anyways.

Honestly, the Bruins showed zero heart last night and it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they jsut fell right out of the race now. If I were Savard why would you want to return to this line up? Yeah Thornton fought for you but that was such an uninspired tilt it was borderline ridiculous.

Guest micah

Honestly, the Bruins showed zero heart last night and it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they jsut fell right out of the race now. If I were Savard why would you want to return to this line up? Yeah Thornton fought for you but that was such an uninspired tilt it was borderline ridiculous.

Cooke was f'n brilliant in fighting Thornton early. Had he not, he would have been either jumped and beaten, or he'd have dodged a fight or two and the game would have turned into a bloodbath. I can think of a lot of ways the Bruins should have acted if Cooke wussed out - but once he fought Thornton, and willingly, I don't know how much more justice you can ask for. He took his medicine like a man, it's in the past, everyone knows that if you f*** with a Bruin you meet Thornton's fists, now play hockey. The Bruins failed at the "now play hockey" part. It would have been nice if somebody'd jumped cooke immediately after his tripping penalty, but whatya gonna do?

I wish it had been team Captain Chara who got hold of Cooke instead.

Had Cooke ducked Lucic, Chara and Thornton, I would have zero problem with any and every Bruin going after Crosby or whatever other non-fighter they could get their hands on. You have to send a message - if the villiam will not accept his punishment, then punsih the men who allow the ******* to share a lockerroom with them. He'll get the message.

Edited by micah

Cooke was f'n brilliant in fighting Thornton early.

I wouldnt call him brilliant. After all it was Thronton that came and found him.

I don't know how much more justice you can ask for. He took his medicine like a man,

I guess thats why he refused to take his visor off when fighting someone who didnt have one.

Cooke was f'n brilliant in fighting Thornton early. Had he not, he would have been either jumped and beaten, or he'd have dodged a fight or two and the game would have turned into a bloodbath. I can think of a lot of ways the Bruins should have acted if Cooke wussed out - but once he fought Thornton, and willingly, I don't know how much more justice you can ask for. He took his medicine like a man, it's in the past, everyone knows that if you f*** with a Bruin you meet Thornton's fists, now play hockey. The Bruins failed at the "now play hockey" part. It would have been nice if somebody'd jumped cooke immediately after his tripping penalty, but whatya gonna do?

I wish it had been team Captain Chara who got hold of Cooke instead.

Had Cooke ducked Lucic, Chara and Thornton, I would have zero problem with any and every Bruin going after Crosby or whatever other non-fighter they could get their hands on. You have to send a message - if the villiam will not accept his punishment, then punsih the men who allow the ******* to share a lockerroom with them. He'll get the message.

I hear what you're saying. I wasn;t knocking the way Cooke handled because I think you're right, he manned up. As much as ppl may not like Cooke you gotta give the guy credit, he does take his medicine. I won't ever say he doesn't. My problem lies solely with the Bruins. To me the hit on Savard warranted more than just your everyday, run of the mill hockey fight that Thornton and Cooke engaged in. I think part of what bugged me was that it was basically a staged fight. Im not saying Thornton had to sucker punch him or anything but it shoudl have been more emotionally charged. He should have just grabbed him and pummeled him.

Also, As I mentioned in my post, I think it sends a much louded message when someone like Chara goes after Cooke. Thornton was the guy everyone expected to fight Cooke and he did. Chara is the captain and although he's been in fights before he's the Bruins most valuable player so when he choses to engage in a fight you know how important it is. It's a rallying call to his teammates and it's a message to all of them that says 'if anyone f***s with us I'll protect all of you.'

Personally I dont want to see anyone get hurt but that being said, I dont think Matt Cooke paid a big enough price for the hit he laid on Marc Savard and the fact that the Bruins have Zdeno Chara of all ppl on their team who could dish out the retribution and he did nothing is pretty weak in my eyes.

Guest micah

I wouldnt call him brilliant. After all it was Thronton that came and found him.

I only watched it twice, it didn't seem to me that either of them went that far out of their way. Regardless, cook did not back down from the toughguy. He could have, and if he did, things would have got ugly.

I guess thats why he refused to take his visor off when fighting someone who didnt have one.

He should have taken it off. He shouldn't have had it on for this game in the first place.