• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
interminded

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous ?

Rate this topic

Two things...

Firstly, the rumours were generated by a puck bunny site. They also say that Lids beats his wife and Homer is *** and his family is a cover-up. They're vicious *******. Might there be truth behind some of the rumours on that site? Sure, it's possible, but until I see proof, the source alone is enough for me to give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Secondly, Ozzie needed to be starting here and there a month or two ago. Yes, ride the hot goalie and give Howard the lion's share of the starts (and this is coming from a die-hard Ozzie fan who just loves him to death), but Howie (or any goalie) needs a mental and physical rest on occasion and Ozzie needs to keep in the groove. I doubt that Howard will fail, but there is always the possibility of illness/injury keeping a player out for any length of time from a day to a season. We've sure seen that this year.

Two things...

Firstly, the rumours were generated by a puck bunny site. They also say that Lids beats his wife and Homer is *** and his family is a cover-up. They're vicious *******. Might there be truth behind some of the rumours on that site? Sure, it's possible, but until I see proof, the source alone is enough for me to give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Secondly, Ozzie needed to be starting here and there a month or two ago. Yes, ride the hot goalie and give Howard the lion's share of the starts (and this is coming from a die-hard Ozzie fan who just loves him to death), but Howie (or any goalie) needs a mental and physical rest on occasion and Ozzie needs to keep in the groove. I doubt that Howard will fail, but there is always the possibility of illness/injury keeping a player out for any length of time from a day to a season. We've sure seen that this year.

My thoughts exactly.

Two things...

I really like Ozzie. I'm going to be honest though. If he was getting his starts here and there and Howard went down I think we would be S.O.L. for playoffs this year. I obviously can't be certain but it's just a gut feeling. If Howard was to go down in the playoffs I would have more confidence in Ozzie being the guy but Regular seasons haven't been good to him these last 2 years.

In Howies last 5 starts he is 3-1-1, has a 1.77 GAA, and a has a .928 save %.

Sure Ozzy should have played last night, but to others who are saying Howie isnt on fire right now are just plain wrong.

With the way people talk on here you wouldn't think the rook was top 6 in GAA and SV%.

Cooling off, ha. I hope this is cooled off for J-Ho, it will only mean great things for the future!

Ozzie deserved starts, but at this point in time it is too late, he has sat too long.

But with the second most man games missed (I think I never looked it up) this team is still in the running for the post season. Mismanagement by Babs?

I doubt it, but Ozzie deserves to reach 300.

Why is Mike Babcock not playing Chris Osgood on the second game of a back-to-back ?

This is flatout humiliating for a goaltender of Ozzie's caliber. What is he thinking ?

Babcock is showing once more that he's mediocre at best when it comes to the 'human' side of coaching.

Why would consciously render you second goaltender useless by sitting him this ******* long ?????

This will backfire someday..

Besides that, I think.. KNOW that Chris Osgood has some wins in him.

Don't treat him like there's sitting some snot nosed college goaltender on the bench.

Yeah Ozzy has some wins left in him but are the Wings in a position to flush even one game down the toilet while they try and coax him back into proper form?

Chris Osgood SHOULD feel humiliated his complete lack of even adequate play lead to him losing his starting job to a rookie. (period)

Honestly, I don't take anything you say about Ozzie seriously.

You bashed him all last year during the regular season, disappeared in the playoffs, and shockingly are back now to continue the act.

Edited by GoWings1905

A) goaltenders are always road hard, in here there is a contrast.. people that like howard, people that Like osgood. honestly, the best thing i can say is, its better to see what happens for the rest season, thenl to sit back worried about who is gonna do what. Babcock had a reason for not playing osgood, that is aparent, remember who the coach is here and why they are put in the coaching position.

Coaches know whats best for their hockey clubs or they wouldnt be coaches. isnt that a fact? Babcock has proven in past seasons he is a good coach.

and before we sing kumbaya to one goaltender or another lets see in an experiment as to who faulters and who doesnt. the tell tale heart here will be.

is it youth and vigar or being a veteran , and having a not so good season? either or could be considered a toss up. one is starting, one is benchwarming. I say do our best to support the team, and well, let babcock do his job, we arent all pro hockey coach's so lets just work with what we have on this.

Edited by hotwings24

I love Ozzie. But Howard is a Calder candidate for a reason...

And IMO was a big part of tonights win with some timely saves today.

The rebound control is my only knock on Howie, but even that has been a bit better lately. He is winning games, and playing well.

Until he shows otherwise I say keep him in.

As it says on the back of his mask...Let's Roll

How many "rookies" (granted he played in the AHL for 4 years) can keep up his pace?

I hope I'm wrong, but I get a feeling that he could have some trouble by the end of the reg season/early playoffs.

At this point getting Ozzie game ready would be just as tough to deal with as Jimmy burning out...

I would rather get to the playoffs and lose in the first round than miss the playoffs entirely. As long as Howard continues this the playoffs will PROBABLY happen. Howard burning out or fazing Ozzie in now would both make it tougher.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

And right now Jimmy Howard is sure as heck not broken

At this point getting Ozzie game ready would be just as tough to deal with as Jimmy burning out...

If not more.

I thought being the Wings goalie was a tough job, you guys are abusing Babcock over this. There's talk about him getting an Adams nomination (though no one says he'll win) for coaching this team through the injuries that marred the first half of the season... but he's a hack who can't work with this team. God, Wings fans are spoiled brats.

I hope Ozzie doesn't play next game, with Max Talbot coming back to the Joe.

Considering he only scored on Osgood three times in the both series I'm not worried.

And also considering Osgood won't be playing in the Pittsburgh game I'm not worried.

Osgood will likely play a game against Columbus when the Wings have enough breathing room to where they can afford to lose a game. And the Jackets are awful against Detroit.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Honestly, I don't take anything you say about Ozzie seriously.

You bashed him all last year during the regular season, disappeared in the playoffs, and shockingly are back now to continue the act.

Last year in the playoffs he wasn't terrible night in and night out.... he wasn't bad enough to lose a game on his own. Which for Osgood is the most he's ever been able to give in his career. He's won cups as an adequate goaltender, not a bad deal really. But I dare say like so many before him time has erroded what limited skill was there.

Last year in the playoffs he wasn't terrible night in and night out.... he wasn't bad enough to lose a game on his own. Which for Osgood is the most he's ever been able to give in his career. He's won cups as an adequate goaltender, not a bad deal really. But I dare say like so many before him time has erroded what limited skill was there.

No credit at all for 2008 playoffs either? Yeesh...

And pretty much everybody in here is in agreement that his play overall hasn't been good this year and giving kudos to Howard for taking the job and running with it when Osgood was out with the flu.

The Wings unfortuntaely don't have the luxury this year of comfortably being in the playoffs way ahead of time and giving both goalies roughly equal starts to sort out any kinks. Could Osgood have helped more in that regard? Sure, but there were other factors like an absurd amount of injuries.

That doesn't make Osgood any less of a goaltender, and that article link is a great example of it.

Please, try to be rational at least somewhat.

If the Red Wings won Game 7, the Conn Smythe was easily going to Chris Osgood.

People need to chill. we have had some wonderful seasons, and have been very spoiled as hockey fans. sometimes we have to lose. live and die with the team, isnt that what makes a true hockey fan? or is that idea dead and gone? goaltenders have a hard time and often get ridden during the playoffs ect. now as for this whole situation, lets hide and watch, cause who knows? Lets remember not to get our panties in a twist - to stay calm, and if we dont win this season so what! we have had some awesome seasons as fans, ones I will never forget. :)

Edited by hotwings24

People need to chill. we have had some wonderful seasons, and have been very spoiled as hockey fans. sometimes we have to lose. live and die with the team, isnt that what makes a true hockey fan? or is that idea dead and gone? goaltenders have a hard time and often get ridden during the playoffs ect. now as for this whole situation, lets hide and watch, cause who knows? Lets remember not to get our panties in a twist - to stay calm, and if we dont win this season so what! we have had some awesome seasons as fans, ones I will never forget. :)

I was thinking that earlier this season but the Wings are just teasing us hanging around in 8th place. This is killing me. I don't want to see the streak end. If we were in St. Louis's position right now I wouldn't care but we are hanging in there and I really hate the flames and don't want them to make the playoffs over us.

How can he can be inconsistent when he hasn't played? And earlier this season when he strung together some wins, Babs still went with Jimmy.

I think the reason he had to go back to Howard was because of the whatnots.

I'm hoping Howard has what it takes to tough it out the rest of the way. Obviously it's him we're riding. If not shame on Babcock for not getting both ready for the finale run.

Guest mindfly

On the CBC broadcast they thought it was reall odd that he sat in the lockerroom watching the game and not on the bench on the backup keeper chair... :unsure: