Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Meh, it's not like he'll be scoring any goals anyway :ph34r:

#3 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

BS! No different then Ovechkin's where he got 2 games.

#4 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

BS! No different then Ovechkin's where he got 2 games.

No different? Look again.

#5 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

i think maybe because ovie was a repeat offender that he got suspened. where as hossa was not. its pretty much the same hit though. shouldve gotten at least 2 games i thought.

#6 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

The NHL office clearly recognizes that it was a former Penguin doing the hitting. :hehe:

#7 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

I agree, he should have been suspended. No different than Ovie's hit.

#8 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Was not as fast or violent as Ovechkin's, thus I agree with no suspension. He was punished enough with a 5 minute major with only a couple minutes left and his team down a goal.

#9 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

The excuse that the injury wasn't as serious is appalling. Just because it wasn't doesn't mean it couldn't have been. Aren't they trying to stop the injuries before they happen instead of dealing with the consequences and the player after a serious injury happens? Does a player have to die before the NHL will start taking these hits more seriously? Yeah, Ovi was a repeat offender, he got 2 games. All it takes is 1 hit to end someones career, which could be by someone who isn't a repeat offender. Give Hossa at least one, or at the very least kick him from the current game. What good are rules if they can continually make exceptions to them?

#10 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Where are the similarities? The fact that they both happened near the end boards?

Edited by FIBS, 25 April 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#11 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Where are the similarities? The fact that they both happened near the end boards?

I'm guessing the "similarities" are the result of most people liking Ovechkin, and disliking Hossa. Not the actual hits.

Edit: I have a bad habit of using actually instead of actual. That's like the 3rd time today only haha.

Edited by Carman, 25 April 2010 - 07:01 PM.

#12 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

Meh, it's not like he'll be scoring any goals anyway Posted Image

Yea only the game winner. What a pro. Lol

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#13 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'm guessing the "similarities" are the result of most people liking Ovechkin, and disliking Hossa. Not the actually hits.

Yeah I 'spose. Ovi's hit was malicious as he FINISHED the hit, THROWING Campbell into the boards, AFTER the puck was sent around the boards. Hossa was applying minimal pressure while Hamhuis was stopping, causing him to awkwardly slam into the boards.

#14 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Was not as fast or violent as Ovechkin's, thus I agree with no suspension. He was punished enough with a 5 minute major with only a couple minutes left and his team down a goal.

This. It was basically a shove with an unfortunate result.

Like I said in the other thread, the playoffs are a different beast. 2 games in the playoffs are way bigger than 2 in the regular season.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#15 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

This. It was basically a shove with an unfortunate result.

Like I said in the other thread, the playoffs are a different beast. 2 games in the playoffs are way bigger than 2 in the regular season.

The potential career ending injury is the same no matter if we're in the playoffs or regular season...

#16 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

The potential career ending injury is the same no matter if we're in the playoffs or regular season...

It is, but Hossa's hit was not as bad as Ovechkin's and that's all that matters.

#17 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

OMG. Quit being such a whiny, homer. That's all this is about. Hossa barely touched the friggin' guy.

And what's with people comparing this to Ovie's hit? There's no comparison at all. AO propelled a guy into the boards. Hossa barely touched the Predator defender.

Good, non-suspension.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#18 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

It is, but Hossa's hit was not as bad as Ovechkin's and that's all that matters.

I agree it wasn't as bad, but he still should have at least been kicked from the game.

#19 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

The difference that i see is that Hossa just put his hands up on him, like most players when they are going to that part of the ice. It is a very common play. They were both just moving so fast that it was a fluke accident.

Ovi's hit it looked like he was actually going for the hit because he lowered his shoulder into his back and with his past being known as a wreckless hitter he got suspended.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#20 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

I agree it wasn't as bad, but he still should have at least been kicked from the game.

Fair enough, he got a 5 minute boarding call with a couple minutes left in the game and his team down a goal. Every hit is different, and I think this hit has already been properly punished.