• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Maybe it's just the heat of the game, but I felt myself getting irrationally angry during this game in a way that I don't usually feel. Every time the fans in that building cheered my blood pressure went up a little bit. When Setoguchi gashed Franzen open yet somehow drew a tripping call instead of sitting in the box for 4 like he should have, I think a small blood vessel in my brain burst. I understand that it's not his call, but he went down awfully hard considering he was busy taking a chunk out of Franzen's cheek.

And when he flopped like Peter Forsberg to draw the 5 on 3 I almost broke the nearest object (my phone, not a good idea). This little s*** will be the object of my hatred for the remainder of this series and in every game that Detroit and San Jose play in the future.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#2 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Eh, Diven Devin is just like a lot of other hockey players in today's game. Draper embellishes practically everything, I don't blame Devin as much as I do the refs that refuse to call obvious dives and obvious high stick penalties.

#3 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, he was diving all over the place and thumbs up for NHL officials letting it actually work. Franzen gets 2 minutes for needing stitches instead of Setoguchi's 4 minutes for high sticking and almost as a scripted piece of hilarious villainy, just seconds later he gets brushed with a Filppula high stick that was apparently fired out of a cannon, because Setoguchi yet again sprawls on the ice and gets the call to put his team on the 5-on-3 for the eventual game winner.

Yeah.... I'm not pissed at all either...

Eh, Diven Devin is just like a lot of other hockey players in today's game. Draper embellishes practically everything, I don't blame Devin as much as I do the refs that refuse to call obvious dives and obvious high stick penalties.

This x 100

Edited by b.shanafan14, 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#4 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, that was an obvious "REF LOOK! FAST."

I can't remember who it was, but that high stick on Franzen was ridiculous. Shouldn't it have still been called, even if Franzen was going for tripping?

#5 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

League is starting to piss me off. Players getting hit in the face and needing stitches. Lids and now Franzen you can't miss calls like those in the playoffs. How do the refs think these players are getting cut. What was even worse was the fact the wings got 0 make up calls for it. They only got one PP in the 3rd, on an automatic penalty. :ranting:

#6 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

Yet again, the league reminds us on how unprofessional like refs they have.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 29 April 2010 - 11:08 PM.

#7 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

League is starting to piss me off. Players getting hit in the face and needing stitches. Lids and now Franzen you can't miss calls like those in the playoffs. How do the refs think these players are getting cut. What was even worse was the fact the wings got 0 make up calls for it. They only got one PP in the 3rd, on an automatic penalty. :ranting:

I can't remember who, but the same game lidstrom was high sticked, another red wings player was high sticked, needing stitches also. Was it draper?

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

Maybe it's just the heat of the game, but I felt myself getting irrationally angry during this game in a way that I don't usually feel. Every time the fans in that building cheered my blood pressure went up a little bit. When Setoguchi gashed Franzen open yet somehow drew a tripping call instead of sitting in the box for 4 like he should have, I think a small blood vessel in my brain burst. I understand that it's not his call, but he went down awfully hard considering he was busy taking a chunk out of Franzen's cheek.

And when he flopped like Peter Forsberg to draw the 5 on 3 I almost broke the nearest object (my phone, not a good idea). This little s*** will be the object of my hatred for the remainder of this series and in every game that Detroit and San Jose play in the future.

Rest assured that the NHL will completely ignore his antics and will not in the least be on the lookout for them as the series goes on.

I mean this with absolutely no sarcasm or facetiousness whatsoever, sadly.

#9 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

same bulls*** that happened in the first game in phoenix with lidstrom....

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#10 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Haven't watched the Guch all season, but can't believe he's reached Forseberg status already. Actually, I didn't know he was the one that sliced the mule, but the Flip dive, was priceless. Plus, it won the game, so, crazy insane or insane crazy???
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#11 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

we would have one if we would have got that 5 on 3 which we should have. Stupid calls like that make me hate the game, even tho I love it so much.
Posted Image

#12 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

Can someone post a video of both plays?

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#13 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

Uhhhhh you guy's are starting to sound like Avs fans. Watch the replay on the Franzen penalty. Franzens face was nicked after he tripped Seto. Seto was falling, his stick was waist high, Franzen caught it on his way down.

Wings will win or lose as a result of their play. Same for the Sharks.

#14 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

Because we've never heard Sharks fans ***** about a call, particularly against the Red Wings :lol:

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#15 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Dude Setodiver flopped like a fish seconds after high sticking Franzen. I mean Babs even said so, he never talks about that stuff
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

Uhhhhh you guy's are starting to sound like Avs fans. Watch the replay on the Franzen penalty. Franzens face was nicked after he tripped Seto. Seto was falling, his stick was waist high, Franzen caught it on his way down.

Yea you are completely wrong. Franzen was high sticked first.

#17 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

I see you make absolutely no mention of the flagrant dive Setoguchi committed later.

#18 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

can someone post a video of the 2 plays. Vs is really bad at showing replays.

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 30 April 2010 - 01:20 AM.

#19 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

Dude, please. I was at the game and the Sharks "fans" would go nuts asking for a penalty whenever a shark player got hit (clean). And after any stoppage they would think they got a PP thinking the wings had too many men LOL. That happened a good 4 times.

#20 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Dude, please. I was at the game and the Sharks "fans" would go nuts asking for a penalty whenever a shark player got hit (clean). And after any stoppage they would think they got a PP thinking the wings had too many men LOL. That happened a good 4 times.

Listen there are bad calls every game, I saw several interference calls tonight from both teams, which are in my mind have a far greater impact on the game then random high sticks, few of which were called tonight. Every team has yahoos for fans, the Sharks have more then their share. All I am saying is don't blame this loss on the refs, you guy's are better then that.

Yea you are completely wrong. Franzen was high sticked first.

Really? I think you need to watch the play again.