• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'll take the team without the dumb-as-a-sack-of-hammers fans who chant "Detroit sucks" every night no matter who they're playing.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Even if the Hawks win the Cup, it ain't like they went through the Wings to get it. So I don't think it's as bad. I don't want the Sharks to win simply because of the bs officiating controversy regarding our series with them. Rather see the Bruins win it.

esteef

Never quite seems like anyone gets off unscathed when we don't make it haha. Very good points on not going through the Wings to get there. Best of luck to Chicago getting out of there not having like 6 2man advs. to kill.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Sharks mean MacLellan wins his cup as head coach.
Hawks mean it's Hossa finally getting his name on it.

I'm leaning towards the Sharks, but both options are fine with me.

as for East... Bruins, then Habs then Philly. all of them behind whoever wins West.

#24 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'll take the team without the dumb-as-a-sack-of-hammers fans who chant "Detroit sucks" every night no matter who they're playing.

Couldn't agree more. The best part of our rivalry with Chicago is how one-sided it has been, the entire hockey mindset of the city seems to be an inferiority complex, and I for one do not want the status quo to change.

Besides, the Sharks are the only team remaining that has no fans who work at my company, so if they win then I don't have to hear any bragging over the summer. So, as much as it pains me to say it so soon after losing to them, Go Sharks!

Edit: Just found out that the Flyers fan just got fired, so screw the Sharks, Go Flyers!

Edited by McAwesome, 13 May 2010 - 05:09 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#25 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Chicago, honestly. I want an Original 6 match-up in the SCF. Also, my dad is a die-hard Hawks fan and he hasn't seen his team in the SCF since 1992. My team was there in 1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 and 2009. It would make him so deliriously happy, and after everything he's been through the last year, he deserves it.

So yeah, go Hawks.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#26 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

Well put. Plus I don't want to see a "hungry" Sharks team next year. As far as the Hawks, they are losing to many players over the summer to worry about them next year.
Do or do not. There is no try

#27 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

SHARKS, can't stand Patrica Kane.

#28 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Don't want Thornton, Marleau and other chokers on the sharks team to feel good about themselves and extremely confident next season which they will be if they go all the way

Hate the Hawks so much, especially Kane, Campbell etc...

Either of them can make it to the final but I really hope the East team win...

#29 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Go Habs! Can't add all the hate toward the Sharks because I feel its time wasted and well Chicago Posted Image this is their last shot either way. That entire team goes next year.

Habs win there will be no more ville de Montreal

Laisse aller les Canadiens
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#30 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

Pulling for the B's to win, having lived in Boston, and liking them as an original six team. I like many players on Philly, but can't get past my immense homicidal hate for Pronger. Montreal is a good story, but of all the hockey teams in Canada, they are the team I would least like to see win the cup. How annoying would those fans be, Jesus. Only fans that would be worse might be the Blackhawk fans, so I hope they choke on it and continue to feel like the little ******* they are too us. I have no problem with San Jose winning if Boston doesn't. They knocked out the Wings and I like the game the play.

To be honest I'm really just happy that Pittsburg lost in such flametastic fashion:)
You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#31 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hawks for the West, Habs for the Cup. I'd like to see Boston take all, but they're struggling with Philly too much to pull it off.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#32 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

f*** the s***hawks. go sharks.

#33 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I would never root for the Hawks. I don't like anyone on the team and I cannot stand Patrick Kane. I hope the Sharks win the west and I hope that either Boston or Montreal wins the east.I certainly don't want Pronger to win another Cup.

#34 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Meh. I don't think I really care. I'd like to see the Sharks lose (even though, statistically, that shouldn't be what I want, with the Wings having lost to them), but I also hate Chicago. On the other hand my dad and uncle are HUGE Hawks fans, so it would be cool for them to have their team win. The plus side of this is, I can watch the games and just enjoy them without any stress over who is winning or losing. It'll be a nice change.

And for the SCF, I'll go with the Habs. Just because.

#35 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Sharks took out a great Wings team in 5. They deserve the cup. Montreal is a just a goaltending cinderella story.

Hate to admit it but the Hawks are modeled identically to the Wings and remind me of a 'great' wings team. THis edition of the wings looked slow and lethargic quite a bit. The hawks don't look that way.

I think the Hawks are goin to win the cup now. They look better than SJ did to me. SJ won most of the games in Round 2 due to bad calls or bad non-calls. Don't really want to start that converstaion up again but that's my opinion in a summary form ;).

Chicago just looks scary. I thought after game 1 Chicago was goin to get steam rolled by Vancouver, but they really annhilated Vancouver in all 4 of their wins. They went to Vancouver and won both games 3 and 4. THat's very difficult to do.

Either way I'm happy Pitt can't win it!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#36 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Sharks have paid their dues - especially their fans. I think they deserve to win - but still have to prove it. They've choked so many years with great teams they are due. Although I was pissed at the reffing and Thornton irks me - I've got nothing against most of their team. I would rather McLellan win than Q.

Habs are a great story but the West is a much stronger conference top to bottom (I don't think the bottom 3 teams in the East would have even made the POs in the West) and I would like the West to take the Cup back....
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#37 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

Habs are a great story but the West is a much stronger conference top to bottom (I don't think the bottom 3 teams in the East would have even made the POs in the West) and I would like the West to take the Cup back....

Posted Image

"i'mma just sip dis and get on wit ma dominatin thang"

Edited by Lidstromboli, 13 May 2010 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Easily San Jose.

My nightmare scenario was Penguins/Blackhawks. I will be fine with any team winning it all now as long as it isn't Chicago.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 MonkeyGoalie

MonkeyGoalie

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

I would like to see the Sharks win next round but lose in the SCF. I'm only doing this because since the 2002 season either the Wings or the team that beat the Wings have gone onto the SCF. Just so the road to the SCF in the west would still go through Detroit. ;-D

#40 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

I have to admit that I barf in my mouth just a little bit at the thought of Kane raising the cup above his head. I cant stand the arrogant little pr!ck...so I say Sharks to go to the SCF, but I would want them to loose to the Cinderella Habs.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!