156 replies to this topic

#21 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

Let me get this straight...

1) I say the factual statement that Burish is a scrub compared to Pronger, and would most probably lose in a fight against him, despite Burris's bravado.

It is irrelevant considering the fact that I could say that about any poster on this board when they give another player s***.

2) You call me out and accuse me of hypocrisy through means of sarcasm

More like irony.

3) I respond that if we can't critique players, there is no point to this forum, as we are doing exactly what you previously chastised.

You are critiquing players for exactly what I could critique you for. Ergo, ironic.

That's how I see it, if I'm somehow missing something please take the time to elaborate, instead of making another account as a sockpuppet to argue this fact. There is a reason why you have a resounding -6 on your post.

Invictus is no sock of mine. Go ask a mod for our IPs and I will guarantee that they aren't the same. But if you would please like to start some more theories as to why someone may agree with such a "silly" statement of mine, go ahead. Doesn't help your argument any.

And go ahead and neg me all you want. I have 230 meaningless points anyway so I have plenty to spend on posts that apparently LGW doesn't like, which in itself is pretty meaningless as well.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 10 June 2010 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

#22 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

It is irrelevant considering the fact that I could say that about any poster on this board when they give another player s***.

More like irony.

You are critiquing players for exactly what I could critique you for. Ergo, ironic.

Invictus is no sock of mine. Go ask a mod for our IPs and I will guarantee that they aren't the same. But if you would please like to start some more theories as to why someone may agree with such a "silly" statement of mine, go ahead. Doesn't help your argument any.

Do you seriously not even see the hypocrisy in calling me out? I'm not saying I was in the right, but you are just as guilty of it too. Well at least that is what I, and ummm 8 other posters seem to think. I reached my quota on Hossa4life today, so all those negs are from other who disagree with
you.

Also, it's kinda of funny that you claim I have a trouble understanding points, as you quickly used your forum rep as a defense to your heavily negged one on page one, even though your previous posts have nothing at all to do with the one in question.

Also, in regards to the sockpuppet accusation, can you really blame me that some guy's first two posts on a Wing's forum are dealing with something as trivial as this?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 10 June 2010 - 11:09 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#23 invictus

invictus

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:51 PM

That's how I see it, if I'm somehow missing something please take the time to elaborate, instead of making another account as a sockpuppet to argue this fact. There is a reason why you have a resounding -6 on your post, without me even negging it.

No sock puppet here. Just a reasonable Wings fan who thinks you're very very stupid. LOL at you.

#24 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

Do you seriously not even see the hypocrisy in calling me out? I'm not saying I was in the right, but you are just as guilty of it too. Well at least that is what I, and ummm 8 other posters seem to think.

My point still stands. Burish is much worse than Pronger. Okay, but so are we in comparison to any player in the NHL. Burish shouldn't be berated simply for being worse than Pronger just like you and I shouldn't be for saying Kopecky is a useless scrub.

Also can you really blame me that some guy's first two posts on a Wing's forum are dealing with something as trivial as this?

If you think I created a sock then talk to a mod about it. In public attack the argument, not the poster.

Posted Image

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

No sock puppet here. Just a reasonable Wings fan who thinks you're very very stupid. LOL at you.

You have let to explain why though, or offer any counter point to mine. A retard could call someone stupid also, it doesn't mean he is right in doing so. If you really want to prove this point, how about you post exactly why I am an idiot, instead of bamboozling me and the plethora of other posters who are negging you.

My point still stands. Burish is much worse than Pronger. Okay, but so are we in comparison to any player in the NHL. Burish shouldn't be berated simply for being worse than Pronger just like you and I shouldn't be for saying Kopecky is a useless scrub.

If you think I created a sock then talk to a mod about it. In public attack the argument, not the poster.

So you say he shouldn't be berated by berating me in your original post?
Victory Honda Forever.

#26 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

So you say he shouldn't be berated by berating me in your original post?

Is that what I said?

Posted Image

#27 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Is that what I said?

I assumed that was the point of your sarcastic remark. Whatever though, arguing doesn't solve anything, and we've now wasted almost a page on rubbish. I'm still confused at the point you're trying to make, but I don't care enough to argue about it anymore, as given your language in recent posts in this thread and others, you seem to be taking out your frustration by being an internet vigilante, which is out of character for you.
Victory Honda Forever.

#28 invictus

invictus

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I assumed that was the point of your sarcastic remark. Whatever though, arguing doesn't solve anything, and we've now wasted almost a page on rubbish. I'm still confused at the point you're trying to make, but I don't care enough to argue about it anymore, as given your language in recent posts in this thread and others, you seem to be taking out your frustration by being an internet vigilante, which is out of character for you.

owned.

#29 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

Heh?

Those exist?

Invictus, what are you on?

Edited by Doc Holliday, 10 June 2010 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Back on topic, I laughed when I first saw the clip, but in retrospect, it was a pretty low thing for him to say.

To Burish:
You just won the Stanley Cup, beating the man you're being asked about. Show some respect and be a good winner. You don't have to like Pronger (I certainly don't), but a simple "no comment" with a chuckle would have gotten your point across. Not only did you just put a huge target on your back for the next time you play against Pronger, you also you showed a large lack of (wait for it) class by berating a defeated opponent. Not cool.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not outraged or disgusted by this, and I'm sure he regrets saying it today once the euphoria of winning the Cup wore off some. I just don't think that's the way a professional should handle himself...

But it sure was funny.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#31 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Even more reason to sign him Kenny. I don't want Cleary to be our guy who has to fight Pronger, Burish is our gritty forward next year and I guarantee we see him and Pronger fight.

I think the smart money is on Burish to win as well.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#32 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

Even more reason to sign him Kenny. I don't want Cleary to be our guy who has to fight Pronger, Burish is our gritty forward next year and I guarantee we see him and Pronger fight.

I think the smart money is on Burish to win as well.

The Wings will likely play Philly only once next year. Should we trade for a guy for a full one-way contract of nearly a million bucks to just play one game? Is that how badly we want to see the Wings win a fight against a 36-year-old has-been?

Chicago turned the series over when they started hitting Pronger back. No one dropped any gloves at all.

#33 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

The Wings will likely play Philly only once next year. Should we trade for a guy for a full one-way contract of nearly a million bucks to just play one game? Is that how badly we want to see the Wings win a fight against a 36-year-old has-been?

Chicago turned the series over when they started hitting Pronger back. No one dropped any gloves at all.

Hes a free agent and I was just saying kind of jokingly because Holland said he's going to sign a guy like him.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

There's a lot of people who think Adam Burish is an idiot too.

Pronger would be a bigger idiot, but this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 10 June 2010 - 05:45 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

There's a lot of people who think Adam Burish is an idiot too.

Pronger would be a bigger idiot, but this is the pot calling the kettle back.

Damn, I'm a minute late. I was just about to say that I think it's ironic that one of the biggest idiots in the league is calling somebody else the biggest idiot in the league.

Edited by ComradeWasabi, 10 June 2010 - 05:43 PM.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#36 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Damn, I'm a minute late. I was just about to say that I think it's ironic that one of the biggest idiots in the league is calling somebody else the biggest idiot in the league.

And some people wants kenny to sign this guy...who was a healthy scratch more often than he was playing

#37 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

And some people wants kenny to sign this guy...who was a healthy scratch more often than he was playing

I can't figure out why. Burish has no offensive upside whatsoever. 4 points in 13 games this season; yeah, he was hurt, but his record for points is a whopping 8 in 81 games a couple of years ago. Maltby's on the way out, I don't see any reason to replace him with another agitator who can't score.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#38 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Isn't Adam Burish the guy that tossed the octopus in that commercial the year the Wings beat them in the WCF? Isn't he also the guy who got in Lidstrom's face one game, which Lidstrom then proceeded to score right after? Just sayin', I guess.

I can't figure out why. Burish has no offensive upside whatsoever. 4 points in 13 games this season; yeah, he was hurt, but his record for points is a whopping 8 in 81 games a couple of years ago. Maltby's on the way out, I don't see any reason to replace him with another agitator who can't score.

Well, Maltby isn't an agitator anymore. At least, not until a really big tournament like the conference or NHL finals. He hasn't been for a while.

But you have so many Wings fans who are desperate for good old fashioned North American pound their faces in prove their penis is bigger toughness. Thus, the love for pretty any much any player on here who has that ability, even if they have nothing else.

#39 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

The season before when he was healthy he was a huge part of the Hawks PK and he's a great energy player. He's one of the best agitators in the league and he's more respectable then most because he will back up his actions more often then not.

He's a 4th liner, Pk's, fights, hits, can skate a regular shift, and can play decent enough in the offensive zone. He is exactly what Holland is looking for, thats why people want him signed.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

The season before when he was healthy he was a huge part of the Hawks PK and he's a great energy player. He's one of the best agitators in the league and he's more respectable then most because he will back up his actions more often then not.

He's a 4th liner, Pk's, fights, hits, can skate a regular shift, and can play decent enough in the offensive zone. He is exactly what Holland is looking for, thats why people want him signed.

He might be the biggest punching bag in the league. Have you seen his fight record?

He's worse than any of the players you've mentioned in those threads that you've started within the last week.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.