• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Who Do The Wings Draft in the First Round?

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

Ok guys. This McIlrath man love is insanity sauce. A stay at home d-man with a high first round pick? If we were picking 29th, maybe, and I'd still be mad. If he doesn't legitametly have a real offensive upside, you don't pick that kinda player that high. THN had him in the first round but somewhere in the 20's.

Also, contrary to what some have said, this is suppossed to be a deep draft.

My guy is Jeff Skinner, he's proven. I've heard rave reviews on him and that he could fall cause he's only like 5'10. The kinda guy that looks to be in our picks range or in the few pick trade up window.

If we trade down, one of those picks has to be us taking a flier on Kabanov if he's there. THN said we'll take Burmistrov because if anyone can get a russian to stay it'll be the Wings. Take that philosophy and put it to Kirill. (That said, given how the Wings are run, its probably a stretch.

Well the man-love for McIlrath is largely due to the fact that the vast majority of scouts feel he's gonna go somewhere between 12-20 in the 1st round...He's also what this team needs; a mean streak on the blueline with a big frame, and not afraid to drop the mitts.

As a long time Detroit Red Wings fan I fondly recall watching these stay at home types capable of punishing those whom are foolish enough to park themselves in front of our netminder...I'm also tired of watching guys like Getzlaf, and Perrey get "their licks in" as Howard/Osgood attempt to corral the puck.

I myself am not so sure on some of these Russian kids; if it's not the attitude, it's the transfer agreement, and if it's not that - then it's the lure of the KHL.....I have a soft-spot for the guys on this side of the pond - especially north of the border.

HankthaTank likes this

He's also what this team needs; a mean streak on the blueline with a big frame, and not afraid to drop the mitts.

I'm also tired of watching guys like Getzlaf, and Perrey get "their licks in" as Howard/Osgood attempt to corral the puck.

I have a soft-spot for the guys on this side of the pond - especially north of the border.

:thumbup:

:siren:

:blush: me too haha. Eloquently put sir.

F.Michael likes this

Any of Nick Bjugstad, Teemu Pulkkinen, Evgeny Kuznetsov, or Quinton Howden would make me very happy with our 21st pick.

Finnish Wing likes this

Any of Nick Bjugstad, Teemu Pulkkinen, Evgeny Kuznetsov, or Quinton Howden would make me very happy with our 21st pick.

How about Tinordi?

How about Tinordi?

I would not be upset if we picked Tinordi or McIlrath, they are both huge guys that play a similar game and have potential as second pairing guys. I am just pulling for us to pick a skilled forward in the first round. Howden is not exactly a really skilled player, but from the NHLs scouting report it said he plays like Todd Bertuzzi with speed, and out of this years draft he is the best suited to play in the NHL. My other 3 guys are highly skilled forwards with lots of potential.

Kenny said in an interview that they've got some good d-men prospects in the organization and they'll likely get a forward if there are two equal options.

edit: I wanna ask a little question. Lets imagine that a tiny soft, but talented Euro like Granlund would be available when we draft at 21st. And so would Dylan McIlrath. Anyone who would draft McIlrath?

Because somehow I feel some people would, judging by the hype over here.

Edited by Finnish Wing

I say we trade down to Chicago for the 24th and 30th pick and get McIlrath AND Kabanov. Everybody wins :clap:

Kenny said in an interview that they've got some good d-men prospects in the organization and they'll likely get a forward if there are two equal options.

edit: I wanna ask a little question. Lets imagagine that a tiny soft, but talented Euro like Granlund would be available when we draft at 21st. And so would Dylan McIlrath. Anyone who would draft McIlrath?

Because somehow I feel some people would, judging by the hype over here.

Nobody in their right mind would pick McIlrath over Granlund, but after all this is LGW.

Nobody in their right mind would pick McIlrath over Granlund, but after all this is LGW.

Haven't seen Granlund play but I would consider it probaly. Mcilrath is the type of player that doesn't come around all the time.

Haven't seen Granlund play but I would consider it probaly. Mcilrath is the type of player that doesn't come around all the time.

Granlund is considered having the best hockey sense in the entire draft. Trying not to be too biased here, but I think it's pretty easy to say that these kinda skilled players are way more rare than normal tough d-men. At least in the NHL that is. I haven't seen McIlrath play either, so I'm basing my opinions mostly on scouting reports and to what other people have said.

Do they show a lot of WHL games over there by the way? I mean how much have you seen him play exactly?

Granlund is considered having the best hockey sense in the entire draft. Trying not to be too biased here, but I think it's pretty easy to say that these kinda skilled players are way more rare than normal tough d-men. At least in the NHL that is. I haven't seen McIlrath play either, so I'm basing my opinions mostly on scouting reports and to what other people have said.

Do they show a lot of WHL games over there by the way? I mean how much have you seen him play exactly?

Well the top prospects game, plus the combine helps to get a feel for a player. Plus probably 5 games through the season. Its not enough to know for sure what he isl ike but you can get a pretty good feel for a guy with that much exposure to him.

How about Tinordi?

TSN's mock draft has McIllrath going 17th to the Avs and Tinordi going 20th to the s*** birds. Mark Pysyk and his terrible stats and +/- on Edm of the WHL going 21st to the Wings. Nice try TSN...

even if McIllrath is a hard hitting shutdown Dman with no more offensive upside than a hard shot and breakout pass, then he can play on a line in a few years with Almqvist or Smith...or the Wings can get Tinordi. this is all assuming the Wings trade up in the draft or no one takes one of them before the Wings get their pick.

You'd change your mind if you saw where Granlund is ranked.

You'd change your mind if you saw where Granlund is ranked.

I know where Granlund is ranked, I never said I would do it but I would look into it for sure.

Detroit # 1 Fan likes this

i hope we draft jarred knight in the second round

I can get behind that choice. :thumbup:

I know where Granlund is ranked, I never said I would do it but I would look into it for sure.

McIlrath is a solid choice, but don't be blinded by his size and fighting. If a significantly better player is available you have to take the best available player as they say. No?

Well the man-love for McIlrath is largely due to the fact that the vast majority of scouts feel he's gonna go somewhere between 12-20 in the 1st round...He's also what this team needs; a mean streak on the blueline with a big frame, and not afraid to drop the mitts.

As a long time Detroit Red Wings fan I fondly recall watching these stay at home types capable of punishing those whom are foolish enough to park themselves in front of our netminder...I'm also tired of watching guys like Getzlaf, and Perrey get "their licks in" as Howard/Osgood attempt to corral the puck.

I myself am not so sure on some of these Russian kids; if it's not the attitude, it's the transfer agreement, and if it's not that - then it's the lure of the KHL.....I have a soft-spot for the guys on this side of the pond - especially north of the border.

Euro-Hater :ninja:

Holland will draft a Russian who isnt even sure he'll leave Russia...

1st round...

one of...DYLAN MCILRATH, VLADIMIR TARASENKO, NICK BJUGSTAD or JARRED TINORDI

2nd round...

one of...OSCAR LINDBERG, TEEMU PULKKINEN, JOHAN LARSSON or KIRIL KABANOV

any combination of these players and I will be ecstatic!

be about it...

1st round...

2nd round...

be about it...

Tinordi might be available in the second round even. Central scouting has him ranked 40 something for NA skaters. I don't see how some people can say he is a better pick then Mcilrath but w.e if we grab him in the second I'll be happy.

1st round...

2nd round...

be about it...

I'd gamble on Kabanov higher than the 2nd round. Pulkkinen and Larsson would both be strong additions to the system. I'd like to get Pulkkinen most out of all the 2nd rounders you've listed (aside from Kabanov).

Bjugstad has great size and potential but I worry about high school players sometimes. Being able to let players slowly develop definitely benefits a guy like Bjugstad. Also I like that his last name contains the word jugs.

Original-Six likes this

McGuire had Tarasenko picked by wings in the tsn mockdraft

Seems like unless someone like Bjugstad falls to them at 21 that they'll trade down and acquire one more pick like they have in years past.