• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Wings should sign Paul Kariya

Rate this topic

We do not need another undersized forward, especially one with no potential to improve, and lots of potential to decline. I can understand the argument for Modano, because he would improve our team next year. I don't see how Kariya improves our team at all. He doesn't score nearly as much as some of you are suggesting he would.

And as previously mentioned, he played for 6 mil last year, I highly doubt he signs with Detroit for 1-1.25mil.

Fighting =/= toughness. Remember when he got destroyed by Stevens, came back minutes later and scored a goal in 2003? That's toughness. Now shut the f*** up.

its not 2003 anymore, and the guys not worth what he'd want at all either.

i'd like to see him get a cup before he's done because he was one of my favorite players as a kid, but it wouldn't happen here.

I'd love to see Kariya in a Wings uniform, the guy can still fly and still has a great shot. But the bottom line is he'll want more money than we can pay, especially now with the whole Modano, Helm, Abdelkader situation. Its a good thought, but its not practical.

For guys like PK who is looking to end his career on an upswing, the Wings would be a perfect match. He isnt getting much done in St. Louis but the skills are all there. If he wanted to come and play on the 3rd line with Huds/ Cleary or whatever for the motown discount, I would be 2 thumbs up...and prefer it to Modano.

Fighting =/= toughness. Remember when he got destroyed by Stevens, came back minutes later and scored a goal in 2003? That's toughness. Now shut the f*** up.

Fighting does equal toughness. Just because fighting makes you tough doesn't mean other things can't make you tough as well. Taking a punch in the head is just as tough as blocking a shot.

As for Kariya being tough because he scored a goal after Stevens lit him up.... No that makes Kariya a dumb ass for admiring his pass but a good goal scorer.

As for Kariya being tough because he scored a goal after Stevens lit him up.... No that makes Kariya a dumb ass for admiring his pass but a good goal scorer.

If coming back to score a goal just minutes after being KO'ed isn't tough i don't know what is.

Edited by Original-Six

Fighting does equal toughness. Just because fighting makes you tough doesn't mean other things can't make you tough as well. Taking a punch in the head is just as tough as blocking a shot.

Give me a f**king break.

It takes a whole lot of cojones to come back from a hit like that so quickly from one of the best open ice hitters of all time, and score as clutch of a goal as it gets.

Give me a f**king break.

It takes a whole lot of cojones to come back from a hit like that so quickly from one of the best open ice hitters of all time, and score as clutch of a goal as it gets.

Yeah its tough to do for sure, but I wouldn't be ragging about him being amazing for doing it. Yeah he got the goal but he also got KOed because he admired his pass with Stevens on the ice. Youre taught in novice not to do that

Maybe the Wings should sign Modano, Kariya and Guerin and pretend it's the 90s again.

You should become GM of the Leafs or the Rangers - you've got their ideology down to a t.

Yeah its tough to do for sure, but I wouldn't be ragging about him being amazing for doing it. Yeah he got the goal but he also got KOed because he admired his pass with Stevens on the ice. Youre taught in novice not to do that

Of course.

Your average scrub or 3rd liner is probably not going to do what Kariya did in that sequence when Kariya was still a star player.

He did what he had to do after he got leveled, and he did it pretty damned good.

Of course he neeeded to keep his head up, but he deserves plenty kudos and more for stepping up immediately afterwards when plenty of people would've continued to be out cold/injured in all likelihood.

You aren't giving him enough credit, or not implying it.

Of course.

Your average scrub or 3rd liner is probably not going to do what Kariya did in that sequence when Kariya was still a star player.

He did what he had to do after he got leveled, and he did it pretty damned good.

Of course he neeeded to keep his head up, but he deserves plenty kudos and more for stepping up immediately afterwards when plenty of people would've continued to be out cold/injured in all likelihood.

You aren't giving him enough credit, or not implying it.

I know a lot of scrubs that would get up after a hit like that and play again but wouldn't score that goal because Kariya used to be a sick player.

I'm probably not implying enough credit but I actually think it was pretty solid on his part. I just wouldn't call him a tough player becxuse of it. I would say it was more of an extraordinary goal where he manned up. His whole career wasn't made up of plays like that so I still wodn't consider him a tough player. Know what I mean?

Gotcha, understand where you're coming from now.

And as for Kariya coming here, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen and the Wings would give him a decent shot at winning his first Cup before he soon retires, would probably peg him for a similar role as what is being guessed for Modano possibly coming here (3rd line/some PP time), but I would think he'd have to command more money and I wouldn't think the Wings would have the Cap space.

Meh... not that he's not impressive, but it just doesn't inspire me much. He's still a decent player with good wheels, I'll give him that. I think at this point it's Modano or just moving ahead with the youth we have.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He hasn't had an injury-free season since 2003. NO. THANK. YOU.

If by 2002-2003 you mean 2007-2008, which was his third consecutive 82 game season, then yeah, 2002-2003.

P.S. I was born in Brentwood, right near Franklin.

For guys like PK who is looking to end his career on an upswing, the Wings would be a perfect match. He isnt getting much done in St. Louis but the skills are all there. If he wanted to come and play on the 3rd line with Huds/ Cleary or whatever for the motown discount, I would be 2 thumbs up...and prefer it to Modano.

I wouldn't mind Kariya on the third line but I think I would have to go with Modano. Size being the factor I guess.

He's injured too often and I've had it with him diving all over the ice like a pansy. He's not much better than Crosby and Floppa in that department.

Same thing as the Modano situation. What does he give us that we don't already have?

Can you envision Paul Kariya (a guy that doesn't check) on a checking line? I don't. We're pretty set as far as scoring goes. That won't be what defeats us. We just need a stay at home defenseman who hits, and a grinder to a make us a more well rounded team.

Besides, as someone already said, he'll command too much money.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Too many people on LGW don't understand the concept of having a complete team.

Probably because in their video games, they stack all 4 lines with stars, and win the Cup every year. Doesn't work that way in the NHL.

Kariya has never played on the lower two lines and that's totally not his game. Also, he's not good enough to be on our top 6 unless there's injuries. When we're healthy, he'll look out of place playing with Abby or Eaves.

Too many people on LGW don't understand the concept of having a complete team.

Probably because in their video games, they stack all 4 lines with stars, and win the Cup every year. Doesn't work that way in the NHL.

Kariya has never played on the lower two lines and that's totally not his game. Also, he's not good enough to be on our top 6 unless there's injuries. When we're healthy, he'll look out of place playing with Abby or Eaves.

Dude, it's July. Chill.