• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Lets talk third line now

Rate this topic

With Modano centering Huds and a healthy Cleary I tihnk we have one of, if not the best tird lines in the league. With CHicago's third line gone now I can't think of any other team with a better one. Modano almost scored 20 last year playing mos of the season on a line with Barch.

So with 60 point Hudler and 20-25 goal healthy Danny I tihnk Modano could easily get 40 points, anyways the real question in this thread is which teams have a third line better then detroit now? I'm sure there are a few compareable ones but I wanna see what you guys think,

Probably no one, but you have to remember that line combos get changed all the time, so there's no telling what our 3rd line will be two weeks into the season.

In any case, we have a really deep top 9 group of forwards, in terms of talent.

Probably no one, but you have to remember that line combos get changed all the time, so there's no telling what our 3rd line will be two weeks into the season.

In any case, we have a really deep top 9 group of forwards, in terms of talent.

Yeah thats true as well but for the most part I think its safe to say that will be our third line at least to start the season.

Anyone know who Washingtons third line is?

its kinda funny that our 3rd line at the start of last season was Leino, Filppula, Williams...

and this year it is Hudler, Modano, Cleary...

so weve basically replaced Leino and Williams with Modano and Hudler!

thats an INCREDIBLE improvement...

yes I know Leino was good for Philly after he left here but he was absolutely HORRIBLE when he was here so this is a drastic improvement

be about it...

:thumbup:

It'll be great. Excited to see Dano make all the haters STFU, Hudler to prove he is still a solid NHLer, and Modano to prove he's still got it.

On top of the best 3rd line, do we not have a very strong 4th line now too? Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader is fast, gritty, has some edge, and some scoring touch too.

It'll be great. Excited to see Dano make all the haters STFU, Hudler to prove he is still a solid NHLer, and Modano to prove he's still got it.

On top of the best 3rd line, do we not have a very strong 4th line now too? Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader is fast, gritty, has some edge, and some scoring touch too.

The third line will likely take some of the shine from the 4th line, which like you mentioned, is also an amazing 4th line. I really like our team this year. We should easily be favorites out of the west.

its kinda funny that our 3rd line at the start of last season was Leino, Filppula, Williams...

With all the injuries, ast year, our third line was sometimes Maltby, Miller and Abby! This IS the best thrid line in the NHL on paper. Huds is going to have his career year!

You think Drapes is a healthy scratch every night? Really?

Course not. He'll play some games, even though I really dont see what he has left, or provides over the other 3. But he's a veteran and we're loyal, in any case we'll still have a strong 4th line with Drapes playing.

Please please please scratch draper many times. I love Drapes but a fourth line of Kader Helm Eaves brings lots of speed, energy, grit, and even a little scoring touch. I am ecstatic to see that line play.

Its going to be sweet watching a third line go out and dominate other teams third lines and then have a 4th line coming out the door flying around making huge hits (all 3 are capable), a few fights (that means you abby) and chipping in probably almost 10 goals apiece.

Abby will be much better then last year. He'll be nastier and not playing with May and Maltby. I know I started this thread about the third line but really what team has aline where you can expect all the players to put up more then 10 goals?

The bottom 6 (or 7/8 when you include the scratches) is about as talented as you can hope for these days.

I have some concerns about the expected top 6, but overall, our corps of forwards looks pretty damn impressive.

I like this Babcock quote from the NHL article where he says he missed Hudler more than he thought he would.

I don't know guys, last off-season I had a weird feeling, but this year things really seem to be falling in place. I feel great about our chances this year.

Cleary is healthy, Hudler is back, we have Modano playing on a competent line, Babcock is appreciate of Hudler now, Babcock realizes he rode Howard and others too hard during last season, we have an overabundance of depth, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be playing together...it's just all falling into place. If Kronwall and Stuart have good years this could be a 2006 style year, hopefully with a better ending.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm extremely optimistic about our forwards. It's like we have 8-9 Top 6ers, and 12 top 9ers. I'm not really expecting too much in the way of individual performances since there is only so much Ice time to go around, but imo we easily have the best forward crop if they can stay healthy.

I'm just concerned about our defense staying healthy and playing to it's potential. Hopefully Kronwall can stay healthy for a season.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

with the first 3 lines pretty much set in stone

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano-Hudler

leaving Draper,Miller,Eaves,Ritola,Helm and Abdelkader and possibly now Downey in a massive dog fight for the spots on that 4th line, what are some option? im sure some guys are going out especially if Mitchell is coming in on D.

I'm calling 60+ goals from the 3rd line right now.

Ridiculous.

Modano just fits in with the Wings puck-possession style more than he did with the Stars' game lately... I think he'll do pretty well - and if he doesn't, not the biggest deal.

I am expecting great things out of Hudler -- he made McCarty and Helm into a dangerous scoring line; imagine him having the option of Modano. Modano may float, but he still has legs, vision and a nice shot. You literally have 3 goal scorers on the 3rd line now, and Hudler and Modano are good playmakers as well.

If Babcock can get Modano backchecking again, with Cleary, that line is awfully nice defensively as well.