• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Ken Hitchcock coming to Camp

Rate this topic

That's what I thought as well...Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hitchcock known for being a bit of a "hard ass" with the players, and is quite demanding?

If so - he's exactly what our D could use.

I hate Hitchcock and so do the players, reportedly. But he gets them to perform. Perhaps you're right.

I lolled at this.

“Hitch phoned me and said, ‘I want to learn, can I come to your camp?,'” Babcock said. “I phoned Kenny Holland and said, ‘He wants to learn, but I want to learn, too -- can he come to our camp?’

But seriously. What are the chances that he takes a coaching spot? I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

I think Hitch coming in and replacing McCrackhead, is large, but silent move, that puts the other 29 teams on notice.

I f***in love this team! They have an off year, and they come back reloaded and ready to f*** some s*** up!

Come on Mr. and Mrs. 'I', pay that gray haired man!

Hey, Hitch: "Pizza Pizza!!" :P

I f***in love this team! They have an off year, and they come back reloaded and ready to f*** some s*** up!

yes. In so many words, what you said. Their "off" year wouldn't even have been that, had half the team not been injured most of the season. Health is the key.

Guest mindfly

This guy has been a headcoach for so long and even won a cup in -99, doubt he would accept being an assistant coach even if it's for Detroit.

This guy has been a headcoach for so long and even won a cup in -99, doubt he would accept being an assistant coach even if it's for Detroit.

Unless he just wants less pressure, less media, etc. but still wants to be around the game.

I don't see him replacing McCrimmon, but I also don't see him having a shot at an NHL head coaching gig this season (at least, until January/February).

You never know, I suppose.

Very, very slim chance he signs here. But it'd be oh so sweet if he did.

Although, since he probably won't get a gig (as jobs everywhere, even for sports types) are non-existent as a head coach, might as well do assistant, get some excellent references from Holland and Babcock, and then move on next season. Be better than sitting the season out or going to Europe.

Crap, now I've got my hopes up.