• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Just thought I could share it as it perfectly sums up whats illegal and what's not (note rafalski is subjected to an illegal hit and franzen delivers an illegal hit :ph34r:)

http://www.kuklaskor...nges_explained/

Edited by mindfly, 20 September 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#2 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

they shoulda showed the rest of the play when rafalski got hit high. filp had a nice gino there.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#3 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 795 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

All I want is uniformity. Don't call it once and not call it some other time. Don't give five and a game to one guy and ten games to another.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#4 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

That is stupidest video i have ever seen, unless they have secret angles that they aren't showing people half of those hits didn't fall in that rule category.

^clearly a legal hit under the new rules and yet it was deemed illegal in that video
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#5 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

I think video explains is all the changes a little better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mekhFTrXM

All I want is uniformity.

No, but really. I agree. I hate make up calls too. Those type of things take away the enjoyment of the game. I don't want a team to win because of some stupid call be the Wings or not.
Hit it hard in Royal Oak... but I'll see you all in Detroit. Friday 11am.

Pav's going to dance for Hank. -Osgood on Zed's birthday
I love the dark meat. -Homer on turkey
Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#6 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

That is stupidest video i have ever seen, unless they have secret angles that they aren't showing people half of those hits didn't fall in that rule category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceq8qBOAgFo
^clearly a legal hit under the new rules and yet it was deemed illegal in that video

Nope blindside hit with most contact to head = illegal.

#7 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Nope blindside hit with most contact to head = illegal.

For instance the hit on Salmela, that one clearly is a mix of both head and body, it was just a huge hit, the Franzen one was borderline blindside, Lepisto really should have seen him coming from that angle. Backes makes absolutely no head contact whatsoever form the angles shown in that video.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

Also interesting that they can't make rude/threatening gestures. :rolleyes:

#9 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Some of those examples they use as legal hits or illegal icing contact I disagree with. That Pronger hit seemed illegal and the first icing contact example they showed seemed fine to me. It looked like Marleau was gonna get there first and the LA guy had every right to take him out of the play. They last part sucks and takes out most of the good trash talking.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 20 September 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#10 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

But what about the physics?!! :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#11 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

it's a gentlemen's league. "Here, you can have the puck it's icing sire." "I would like to take you out to dinner after the game, please accept this invitation" "I'm sorry mr. O' Halloran, but my butt was not in his face, I was merely showing him my new pads!"

#12 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

Pronger and the term "legal hit" do not go in the same sentence

EDIT: I realize he is much bigger than some players, but every hit he throws seems to have head contact

Edited by MotorCityMadness, 20 September 2010 - 01:17 PM.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#13 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, I think kinda dumb. You should be able to taunt and intimidate your opponent. A little pantomime throat slashing never hurt anyone.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#14 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Pronger and the term "legal hit" do not go in the same sentence

EDIT: I realize he is much bigger than some players, but every hit he throws seems to have head contact

he probably never caught his brother in the head on a check
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#15 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

I still don't get it. The Pronger hit seemed more 'blindside' than half the supposedly illegal hits. Rafalski didn't even get hit in the head. Most of those icing calls weren't 'obvious'. And most of the altercation stuff is pretty harmless.

#16 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Anyone else think the NHL should have edited the last line a bit before releasing the video?

Here's the original line...

"On behalf of the National Hockey League and Hockey Operations Department, good luck to everyone in the 2010-2011 NHL season"

But with the model of consistency that is the NHL's on-and-off-ice officials, they might be better suited saying it like this...

"On behalf of the National Hockey League and Hockey Operations Department, good luck to everyone in the 2010-2011 NHL season. You're going to need it."

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#17 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

The NHL: You still have no idea what the f*** we're doing, and neither do we.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#18 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

So Boynton just tried to take out a knee on a Tampa player and got beat up afterwards. On his way to the box he made the slit-yer-throat hand gesture so I guess we'll see how those rules are enforced.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#19 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

After watching that video, I am now even more confused about the rules than I was beforehand.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#20 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

But what about the physics?!! :P

esteef

I still don't get it. The Pronger hit seemed more 'blindside' than half the supposedly illegal hits. Rafalski didn't even get hit in the head. Most of those icing calls weren't 'obvious'. And most of the altercation stuff is pretty harmless.

The video of the Pronger hit directly contradicted what the narrator was saying about legal hits during it. The opposing player was turning up ice and there is no way you can convince me that he had time to look ahead and see Pronger bearing down on him in time to protect himself.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate