• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ACallToArms

The End Is Near

Rate this topic

This!

I live in Chicago now, and while deep dish has its place, I grew up in New York and you simply cannot beat that style of 'za.

I do not like ads on jerseys, ESPECIALLY an original 6 jersey. This thread makes me hungry.

Apples and oranges. Lombardi's in the city, Grimaldi's in Brooklyn/Hoboken, Paulus Hook Brick Oven in JC, Graziella's, Il Porto are all great neapolitan NY pizzas but they aren't NY pizza in the colloquial sense(simple flour dough, plain tomato sauce and cheap cheese). There's nothing like a good Lou's or original Uno's or Due pizza though too. Given the choice however, I will take a Round Table Pizza. Best. Sauce. Ever.

I have no problem with ads on practice or preseason jerseys. Why not?

Off Topic - I live in NY. If your not from around here, you cant understand how wonderful the pizza is. Whenever I travel out of state and grab a pie... I feel like im going to puke. Yuck!

On topic - Ad's on NHL jerseys suck! :scared:

Off Topic - I live in NY. If your not from around here, you cant understand how wonderful the pizza is. Whenever I travel out of state and grab a pie... I feel like im going to puke. Yuck!

Really? So the fact that I'm not from NY prevents me from judging the pizza if I go visit?

What an asinine argument.

I grew up in Chicago, I can sure as hell pass judgement on whatever pizza I want.

Oh yea..... I'm repping Amish country in Lancaster PA.... We got the best shoo fly pie known to man.... BOOM ROASTED!!!

On topic.... As long as it stays off the game jerseys it won't bother me... Just keep the practice jerseys looking some what clean and not too crowded...

Grew up in Northwestern illinois near Savanna. 8 Pizza places in a town of 2100 with a 30% unemployment rate and ALL OF THEM are ******* BUSY all the goddamned time. Rusty's in Thomson, IL, about 2 miles out from the Prison that will be Guantanamo north. Best. NY pizza is too damn flat.

Back on topic, all the wings pics of jerseys with ads should be thrown in the River Rouge steel works blast furnace. KILL IT WITH FIRE. Or Else I will remind people of the term MOUTHEYES.

In order to finance the purchase of the Pistons, Mr. Ilitch has unveiled new third jerseys for the upcoming season:

96667422.jpg

mmm tasty. That would definitely make me want to buy more of those $5 hot and ready pizza's that they're selling at the Joe for $20 :yowza:

mmm tasty. That would definitely make me want to buy more of those $5 hot and ready pizza's that they're selling at the Joe for $20 :yowza:

Hehe. What's confusing to me sometimes is the rate at which people still shell out their hard earned cash for that price hike. But they tell me "It's about the whole game experience". I suppose I understand.

I guess I'm the only one who likes actual italian pizza best D:

Oh, I like the original as well. Nothing beats a fresh margherita pizza baked in a brick oven.

In order to keep on topic... how long have the European leagues been putting ads on their player's jerseys? Is it something relatively recent, or has it been that way for a while now?

The goggles, they do nothing!!!

detroitredwingsauthenti.jpg

this is why i hate the idea... is the Wing emblem just another ad? What team are you playing for?

Especially in a league where most teams wear red, white, blue or black.

First thing that came to mind - "So... that's what happens in 2012?"

And I thought it was bad having the NHL logo on each jersey.

I don't really mind having brand names like Reebok, CCM, etc on the equipment they make, because its relavent to the equipment. At times, the brand name is incorporated into the design. It makes more sense to have a Reebok vector logo on a jersey as opposed to, say, Little Caesars. One is the maker of the jersey, the other has nothing to do with hockey.

This is similar to the reason why I don't mind product placement advertising in movies and tv. There are brands in the real world, it makes the movie more realistic to have the same brands in it. However, that's assuming they don't go overboard with it (I'm looking at you Michael Bay!!!)

In order to keep on topic... how long have the European leagues been putting ads on their player's jerseys? Is it something relatively recent, or has it been that way for a while now?

Well the hockey team that play in the city where I now reside, the Nottingham Panthers, have been sporting jersey sponsorship since the mid 1980's, though in those days it was just the one, similar to soccer teams.

There are a few more on the jerseys these days but as you can see in this photo taken at my favourite place to watch hockey, they aren't as bad as some of the mainland European teams.

46986_472473742436_574647436_6659555_7241767_n.jpg

'GMB' by the way are a union over here in the UK and its considered quite a big sponsorship deal in UK hockey terms.