No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redwingcapt

Kenneth Rucker, a.k.a. "Orange Hat Guy", passed away

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Mo Cheese hasn't been there in a long time

I was fortunate enough to get his autograph in 2008 against Chicago, the night they passed out "How Swede it is" posters.

Mo Cheese hasn't been there in a long time

Mo was let go. He will not be there anymore, except for maybe, a couple special occasions.

Anyone remember the old guy who sat behind the visitors beach and heckled them back in the mid to late 80's? That guy rocked!!!

PS....RIP Orange Hat Guy.

Rest well Orange Hat guy, and may your room in heaven get NHL Center Ice in high def (I can't imagine heaven has shows in low def)

....hopefully Heaven doesnt have Dish Network.......

Mo was let go. He will not be there anymore, except for maybe, a couple special occasions.

is there a story behind them letting him go? the last time i saw him was the 2008 finals.

....hopefully Heaven doesnt have Dish Network.......

I would assume they would have Direct TV.

...how did the orange hat guy afford all those games? :ninja: RIP Buddy!

Does anyone remember this Detroit Sports Fan Icon?

post-2879-046229700 1287631500.txt

r.i.p orange hat guy!

oh, op - "past away"? really?

Any curb fans on here?

He was just trying to save a buck, give em' a break would ya?

Awww, how sad :(

I agree, they should have a moment of silence for him. He was like an icon, after all.

RIP, Orange Hat Guy. :(

Thought I'd let you guys know. Don't know if they said anything on TV. There's an orange hat draped over his chair. There's 10 people buy me wearing orange hats

Yep, they said he was honored to a standing ovation, the seat was painted orange and will remain vacant the rest of the year in his honor. :thumbup:

esteef

Yep, Ken and Mick just talked about him. They said that seat will not be allowed to be sat in or used for the rest of the season.

Just as anytime something special is done for someone that dies, I wished they would have honored him like that while he was still alive to enjoy it. I don't think we show the people who are still with us how much we appreciate them as much as we do once they pass. Think about funerals, all the wonderful things people have to say about someone that's just passed. I always think to myself, I wish that person was right here so they could hear how much people loved them. (Even though you may believe they are there and can hear it). I think more tributes should be done for people that are still around.

Just as anytime something special is done for someone that dies, I wished they would have honored him like that while he was still alive to enjoy it. I don't think we show the people who are still with us how much we appreciate them as much as we do once they pass. Think about funerals, all the wonderful things people have to say about someone that's just passed. I always think to myself, I wish that person was right here so they could hear how much people loved them. (Even though you may believe they are there and can hear it). I think more tributes should be done for people that are still around.

Like Kanye West said: "No one gets the roses while they can still smell 'em".