• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

I am a U-Verse customer, and whenever a game is on FS-D+, my DVR functionality during the game is completely disabled. Has anyone else experienced this while watching games recorded on FS-D+? I called AT&T, and they said that it is an issue with the network, because when the games are on regular FS-D, the DVR works just fine. Is there any way to remedy this? There are like 16 games on FS-D+ this year, and I usually have to rely on recordings on my dvr to watch the wings. I dont want to miss anymore games <_< .
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#2 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

The Pistons do not deserve to bump Detroit to FS+ for any reason whatsoever.

Posted Image

#3 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

Truthiness at its finest...
Posted Image
Hockeytown - No Limits

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Who the hell considers basketball worthy of being watched? Not even a manly sport, they call fouls if you touch someones butt by accident. I cant explain my anger towards the PISTONS when they move the real team of detroit to the fuzzy snowmen channel.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 David

David

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

I am a U-Verse customer, and whenever a game is on FS-D+, my DVR functionality during the game is completely disabled. Has anyone else experienced this while watching games recorded on FS-D+? I called AT&T, and they said that it is an issue with the network, because when the games are on regular FS-D, the DVR works just fine. Is there any way to remedy this? There are like 16 games on FS-D+ this year, and I usually have to rely on recordings on my dvr to watch the wings. I dont want to miss anymore games <_< .

I can record, but I can't fast forward.

#6 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Who the hell considers basketball worthy of being watched? Not even a manly sport, they call fouls if you touch someones butt by accident. I cant explain my anger towards the PISTONS when they move the real team of detroit to the fuzzy snowmen channel.

fsn+ is hd now, at least the oilers game a few games ago was
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

I don't understand consistently bumping the Wings for the Pistons, either. Don't they get lower ratings, as well as lower attendance?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 One4TheWings

One4TheWings

"dc"

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

I think I said it best the last game that was on FSN+:

The quality of FSN+ is so bad it's like watching hockey videos from the 80's. I can't tell if I'm watching Datsyuk or Yzerman, Howard or Cheveldae. I'm hoping Salei gets in a fight so I can relive the days of Probert.
4G1V3N

#9 hockey&beer

hockey&beer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Five minutes before game time restart your entire system. I've had to do this twice since moving to AT&T and it seems to remedy the situation. For some reason once the box sees that there isn't regular programming it gets "stupid". After restarting last night I had no problem with record, pause, fast forward or replay.
"Matt Moulson... he would get more air time if he was Matt Labatt." Ken Daniels

#10 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

Agreed. Just watch the last 5 minutes, when everyone gets fouled, lots of free throws, yadda yadda....

They were talking about this issue a little bit on 97.1 this morning. They said the reason that the Pistons bump the Wings to FSD+ was because they were playing the Lakers, and people would watch regardless of how crappy the Pistons are because they want to see the Lakers.

They also had some callers complaining that they never talk about the Wings. Their rebuttal was why talk about a team when they are doing well all the time. Yeah, like there's never anything to talk about with the Wings... cop out answer. :rolleyes:

#11 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

i hate it when the stones bump the wings to FSD+. the pitsons aref****** horrible and its non hd :ranting:

i could understand it if the pistons were great and the wings suck, but its the other way around

#12 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Agreed. Just watch the last 5 minutes, when everyone gets fouled, lots of free throws, yadda yadda....

They were talking about this issue a little bit on 97.1 this morning. They said the reason that the Pistons bump the Wings to FSD+ was because they were playing the Lakers, and people would watch regardless of how crappy the Pistons are because they want to see the Lakers.

They also had some callers complaining that they never talk about the Wings. Their rebuttal was why talk about a team when they are doing well all the time. Yeah, like there's never anything to talk about with the Wings... cop out answer. :rolleyes:

97.1 is my favorite station to listen to during the day, but I really hate how they never talk about the Wings. 75% of the discussion seems to always be about the perennial losers, the Lions.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#13 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, but thats only if you happen to live in one of the few areas that has an HD channel for FS+. Out here FS+ airs on one of the community channels, so obviously there is no HD public access channel. (How would public access even be able to afford HD cameras? lol)

#14 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

I don't understand consistently bumping the Wings for the Pistons, either. Don't they get lower ratings, as well as lower attendance?

Lower everything, really.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#15 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Really? How do you go about getting the HD feed of FSN+? The oilers game was awful to watch, and last night's feed wasn't in HD when I replayed it on DVR.

#16 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for reminding how fortunate I am to live near Vancouver. I probably hear more Wings talk on the radio than if I were still back in Detroit.

The Team 1040 am talks hockey all the time. And they don't talk loud and obnoxious, ESPN style, tryinig to use big hockey words and name drop, trying too hard to show they know something abuot hockey. No, listenning to these guys talk hockey is like sitting around the BBQ drinking beer listenning to your uncles and cousins talk about your dad. I't real down to earth, just great to listen to. You always get the inside scoop, always feel like you hanging out with guys who were there, who lived it and breathed it. You get to hear a lot players talk, and a lot of veterans.

Even in July, they are talking about prospects and trades and salaries and lines and holes that need to be filled, and the game in general, and ripping on Bettman. Hell, I still remember waking up to my alarm set to the Team 1040 back in '02 and at 6:30 am they were talking about the differences between Bobby Hull and Brett Hull.

They have Kenny Holland on every time the Wings visit Detroit and they absolutely love him, and love interviewing him. They have commented before on how he is such a better interview than Gillis, Nonis, or Burkey ever was.

They are always talking about what a joy it is to cover the Canuck Wings games because of the flow and end to end action of the games and the skill levels on display. Ray Ferrero is always on and he always has great things to say about Detroit regarding their franchise model being the epitome of what an organization should strive to be (another reason I was excited for the Wings to land Landon Ferrero). The Nucks (like every frikin team in the league) always get up for Detroit games.

Edited by T.Low, 18 November 2010 - 12:37 PM.

#17 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

I've been getting crystal clear HD on FSD+. I have directv, so they do HD right and I haven't had a problem. If you can, I suggest switching :D

Even GCL games are in HD too, NHL has gotten it's s*** together when it comes to HD.

Edited by drumnj, 18 November 2010 - 12:40 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#18 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

This is the real issue... I shouldn't even have to suffer through regular definition on FSD+, so that a horrible product can be broadcast on FSD.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#19 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

It's funny, Comcast sponsers alot of these games in "Crystal Clear HD" yet they are pretty much the only major carrier in Michigan that does NOT have FSN Plus HD :(

#20 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

There are 20 games for the Pistons on FSD+. They're just being fair.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 18 November 2010 - 02:10 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!