• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Games on FS-D+

Rate this topic

I am a U-Verse customer, and whenever a game is on FS-D+, my DVR functionality during the game is completely disabled. Has anyone else experienced this while watching games recorded on FS-D+? I called AT&T, and they said that it is an issue with the network, because when the games are on regular FS-D, the DVR works just fine. Is there any way to remedy this? There are like 16 games on FS-D+ this year, and I usually have to rely on recordings on my dvr to watch the wings. I dont want to miss anymore games <_< .

Who the hell considers basketball worthy of being watched? Not even a manly sport, they call fouls if you touch someones butt by accident. I cant explain my anger towards the PISTONS when they move the real team of detroit to the fuzzy snowmen channel.

I am a U-Verse customer, and whenever a game is on FS-D+, my DVR functionality during the game is completely disabled. Has anyone else experienced this while watching games recorded on FS-D+? I called AT&T, and they said that it is an issue with the network, because when the games are on regular FS-D, the DVR works just fine. Is there any way to remedy this? There are like 16 games on FS-D+ this year, and I usually have to rely on recordings on my dvr to watch the wings. I dont want to miss anymore games <_< .

I can record, but I can't fast forward.

Who the hell considers basketball worthy of being watched? Not even a manly sport, they call fouls if you touch someones butt by accident. I cant explain my anger towards the PISTONS when they move the real team of detroit to the fuzzy snowmen channel.

fsn+ is hd now, at least the oilers game a few games ago was

I think I said it best the last game that was on FSN+:

The quality of FSN+ is so bad it's like watching hockey videos from the 80's. I can't tell if I'm watching Datsyuk or Yzerman, Howard or Cheveldae. I'm hoping Salei gets in a fight so I can relive the days of Probert.

Five minutes before game time restart your entire system. I've had to do this twice since moving to AT&T and it seems to remedy the situation. For some reason once the box sees that there isn't regular programming it gets "stupid". After restarting last night I had no problem with record, pause, fast forward or replay.

Agreed. Just watch the last 5 minutes, when everyone gets fouled, lots of free throws, yadda yadda....

They were talking about this issue a little bit on 97.1 this morning. They said the reason that the Pistons bump the Wings to FSD+ was because they were playing the Lakers, and people would watch regardless of how crappy the Pistons are because they want to see the Lakers.

They also had some callers complaining that they never talk about the Wings. Their rebuttal was why talk about a team when they are doing well all the time. Yeah, like there's never anything to talk about with the Wings... cop out answer. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Just watch the last 5 minutes, when everyone gets fouled, lots of free throws, yadda yadda....

They were talking about this issue a little bit on 97.1 this morning. They said the reason that the Pistons bump the Wings to FSD+ was because they were playing the Lakers, and people would watch regardless of how crappy the Pistons are because they want to see the Lakers.

They also had some callers complaining that they never talk about the Wings. Their rebuttal was why talk about a team when they are doing well all the time. Yeah, like there's never anything to talk about with the Wings... cop out answer. :rolleyes:

97.1 is my favorite station to listen to during the day, but I really hate how they never talk about the Wings. 75% of the discussion seems to always be about the perennial losers, the Lions.

fsn+ is hd now, at least the oilers game a few games ago was

Yeah, but thats only if you happen to live in one of the few areas that has an HD channel for FS+. Out here FS+ airs on one of the community channels, so obviously there is no HD public access channel. (How would public access even be able to afford HD cameras? lol)

Thanks for reminding how fortunate I am to live near Vancouver. I probably hear more Wings talk on the radio than if I were still back in Detroit.

The Team 1040 am talks hockey all the time. And they don't talk loud and obnoxious, ESPN style, tryinig to use big hockey words and name drop, trying too hard to show they know something abuot hockey. No, listenning to these guys talk hockey is like sitting around the BBQ drinking beer listenning to your uncles and cousins talk about your dad. I't real down to earth, just great to listen to. You always get the inside scoop, always feel like you hanging out with guys who were there, who lived it and breathed it. You get to hear a lot players talk, and a lot of veterans.

Even in July, they are talking about prospects and trades and salaries and lines and holes that need to be filled, and the game in general, and ripping on Bettman. Hell, I still remember waking up to my alarm set to the Team 1040 back in '02 and at 6:30 am they were talking about the differences between Bobby Hull and Brett Hull.

They have Kenny Holland on every time the Wings visit Detroit and they absolutely love him, and love interviewing him. They have commented before on how he is such a better interview than Gillis, Nonis, or Burkey ever was.

They are always talking about what a joy it is to cover the Canuck Wings games because of the flow and end to end action of the games and the skill levels on display. Ray Ferrero is always on and he always has great things to say about Detroit regarding their franchise model being the epitome of what an organization should strive to be (another reason I was excited for the Wings to land Landon Ferrero). The Nucks (like every frikin team in the league) always get up for Detroit games.

Edited by T.Low

I've been getting crystal clear HD on FSD+. I have directv, so they do HD right and I haven't had a problem. If you can, I suggest switching :D

Even GCL games are in HD too, NHL has gotten it's s*** together when it comes to HD.

Edited by drumnj

There are 20 games for the Pistons on FSD+. They're just being fair.

The way it should be for the 36 conflicting scheduled games:

Red Wings games on FSD - 36, Red Wings games on FSD+ - 0

Pistons games on FSD - 0, Pistons games on FSD+ - 36

that's fair to the viewer... even aside from the fact that the NBA is a HORRIBLE product, the Pistons are downright wretched this year and no one should really be subjected to that...

Edited by stevkrause

I've been getting crystal clear HD on FSD+. I have directv, so they do HD right and I haven't had a problem. If you can, I suggest switching :D

Even GCL games are in HD too, NHL has gotten it's s*** together when it comes to HD.

I have Directv as well (out of state) with a dealer card (I get over 800 channels- including center ice, sunday ticket, center court, extra innings, etc). When I watch Wings games the quality (in HD) is much lower than say Chicago HD. WHY???? It always looks like the games are 10+ years old and then I switch to Chicago and it is TRUE HD. I'm looking at ice scrapes on the ice, pot marks on players faces, etc and for Detroit it is "fuzzy".

What number on DTV are you watching the games on- to make sure I have the right channel(s).

Edited by Lord Stanely

well not all of us have the same access to nhl games as you!!!! :ph34r:

What number on DTV are you watching the games on- to make sure I have the right channel(s).

Uh..FSD-HD channel 663

Ever consider comparing between the 720p and 1080i? One might work better over the other.