• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/24 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Thrashers 5

Rate this topic

zero help for Howard there. Wonder if the Wings are already dreaming of turkey and stuffing here... seems so.

Mmmmm.. turkey and stuffing.

I hope those turkeys will start stuffing the puck in the net before they head home to their turkeys and stuffings.

Babcock does not understand this. Yes I'm an Ozzie fan, but right now he's not an option anyway. He's going to keep playing and pushing Howard until he burns out and has a string terrible games. Just like last season, except he got lucky and Howard was awesome.

Yeah, I do think Howie needs some rest. He's started, what, 10 straight games now? He needs it. He's also had two straight games where 4 or more goals get by him (granted, not all his fault). Shelf Howie for a game or two and put Joey or, if well, Ozzie, in net, especially Ozzie as he needs to find his groove again (he did fairly well when he had two straight starts).

Guest mindfly

Howard looks like crap tonight, pure crap, massive rebounds on every damn shot... painful to watch

I would say not. The first goal was a one-timer from the slot from a pass behind the net; Helm got lost in the defensive zone it seems. The other was a shorthanded 2-on-1, pass across converted.

I tend to agree that they ought to not play Howard so much though. Joey Mac has been okay in the past but doesn't seem like he's going to play at all.

Well that's good at least for Howard. I still think they need to give him a break for Joey seeing as Osgood still isn't back. Howards a good goalie but not many can play top notch hockey game after game without break. Even last year he had his off games after 5-6 starts in a row. I get that it's tougher with Osgood out but for the love, a game with Joey will not screw our playoff chances...

Typical lackadaisical holiday Wings road game... I always feel sorry for whichever goalie draws these turkey games, pun intended.

Last game, I really felt they would come from behind and win, and they did. Tonight, not feeling that.

Ugh, gonna hit the sack. Don't feel like sacrificing any more hours of sleep for this kind of performance. Here's hoping for another crazy 3rd, but realistically that can't work every game. Gotta start playing from the first minute if we want to keep our stellar record up.

Howard looks like crap tonight, pure crap, massive rebounds on every damn shot... painful to watch

I don't think he's been crap, but he does need the Wings to become the puck possession team that we know and love. Passing has been around "meh" to "WTFness?!" tonight.

Looks like the Wings are gonna try to keep it close and wait for the 4rd. Again <_< . Can't keep doing that or they'll get burned.

Well that's good at least for Howard. I still think they need to give him a break for Joey seeing as Osgood still isn't back. Howards a good goalie but not many can play top notch hockey game after game without break. Even last year he had his off games after 5-6 starts in a row. I get that it's tougher with Osgood out but for the love, a game with Joey will not screw our playoff chances...

Looking at the current standings, Wings have a 5 point lead over 8th (Canucks), so we can sacrifice a game and not be too badly hurt in the standings (they won't fall out of the playoff hunt). I would have preferred they gave Howie a break tonight, as even if they lose, it isn't against someone in the WC so it won't be a double-whammy of having someone catch them.

I dont know about you guys but Howard just does not seem to have his head in the game the past few games. Granted the goals tonight were not his fault, however he seems to be falling all over and doing a bad job controlling some rebounds. Every time the puck goes his way i get worried which is a sign he needs to rest a few games... cant wait for ozzie to be back