• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/30 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

This really was a fine win. Even with the bad ice conditions, these two teams put on a good show. The Sharks are one of the few teams that tries to play puck possession hockey against the Wings. They're simply too depleted on the blue line to be able to pull it off successfully right now. The Thornton line is always able to control the puck down low and their PP really scares me. But the Red Wings showed a lot of determination tonight and worked hard winning the physical battles. Eventually, the Sharks looked just worn down. I didn't like the let down during and right after the 4 minute PP but they survived it.

Datsyuk had a great game but the most pleasant surprise was seeing Zetterberg look so good. He played like this game was personal for him or something. It's been a while since he was the best forward on the ice, but he was tonight. Z and D made the inexperienced Sharks defensemen look pretty silly.

And good game Red wings. I saw the first and second periods.

I don't like the Sharks play this year, if Marleau plays like that the rest of the season. The Sharks won't make the playoffs. Good win though.The Sharks D is Ahl Status. And DW needs to improve, or he needs to get out of the door.

And good game Red wings. I saw the first and second periods.

I don't like the Sharks play this year, if Marleau plays like that the rest of the season. The Sharks won't make the playoffs. Good win though.The Sharks D is Ahl Status. And DW needs to improve, or he needs to get out of the door.

What's the deal Valasic?

Great win by the boys on the road. Got two more in Cali before they head back to the Joe.

I don't think I am being unreasonable when I say anything less that 6 points on this road trip would be a disappointment.

Bring the streak back to the Joe....LET'S GO WINGS!!

The game last night was very good. Was great to see us outchance the Sharks at home. When the Sharks are healthy, the Wings will have their hands full thats for sure. Still, I love seeing the chemistry unfold out there on the ice. Dats and Zets are incredible players. :)

Every goal scored on Howard was one where the Wings either didn't clear the guy out from in front of the net OR didn't hustle on D. That is what you want from your goalie is a chance to win every night and Howard is giving them that. His record speaks for itself. I just don't understand why people expect Howard to give up 0 rebounds and second chances. No goalie in the history of the NHL can eliminate those from the game. That being said, the Wings have played very well in front of Howard most of the season so far. I hope it keeps up. :)

Guest mindfly

Great game overall, 1st period was meh, 2nd period was good, 3rd period was awesome for the most part

There was certainly some EuroTwins 07/08 magic there, loved the volley goal from zetterberg..

Only bad thing was how they threw away that 4min powerplay and let them score that cheap 3rd typical "sharks goal".

Oh yeah!! Powerful awesome game. It was on tv here in Kuwait just now on the fox channel they have here. Frickin sweet goals by Hank and Pavel. Too bad hudler didn't convert at the end of that long powerplay. This is the first game I've seen this year on something besides the slingbox. They are looking very much like a team ready for the cup finals again. Let's go Red Wings!

I don't know if that was a joke or not, but you can have him.

All he does is shoot into guys shin pads. Yawney doesn't help, maybe he needs a change of scenery.

Sounds like Sammy version 2.0, just with slightly lower aim.

Hey guys, been a while and sorry I haven't been around contributing some teal input every now and then. (not that I think I'm missed or anything...believe me when I say I don't have an inflated sense of self importance :P ) I agree with what most of you are saying. It's pretty simple. Minor league defense against top NHL forwards = uh oh. This wasn't a surprise to anyone. As I was leaving the game last night, I realized that I wasn't as bummed about the outcome as I usually am when they lose at home. Then I realized that it was because I didn't actually expect them to win. That's pretty sad. The last 5 or so years, anytime a team came into the Tank, I expected the Sharks to win. Even if it was the best team in the NHL, the hottest team, whoever...didn't matter. The Sharks were that good. That's simply not the case anymore. This is a transition in expectations that I'm not ready to make. I would be willing to accept that if they had brought home a Cup in their time on top of the league, but that hasn't happened either. Don't misunderstand me, I am a long way of thinking that their time on top is over. The season is long and lots can change between now and the playoffs. That being said, there's a small seed of doubt and worry that's in the back of my mind, and it's growing ever so slowly with each disappointing effort.

Some savvy veterans on the back end would help a lot.

I was thinking Gonchar can't be all that happy in Ottawa but his cap hit is 5.5 and has a no trade clause. I don't have any particular reason why his name came up other than a recent article I read a couple minutes ago about the Senators.

Decent game, pretty weak first goal Jimmy gave up. Loved the Datsyuk and Zetterberg goals but anyone else want to hit Stuart in the head with a hockey stick when he was behind the net? Kind of fell asleep until Thornton charged him and caused the loose puck, would have been a terrible goal to give up if they had scored. Overall a decent win but nothing special.

Hey guys, been a while and sorry I haven't been around contributing some teal input every now and then. (not that I think I'm missed or anything...believe me when I say I don't have an inflated sense of self importance :P ) I agree with what most of you are saying. It's pretty simple. Minor league defense against top NHL forwards = uh oh. This wasn't a surprise to anyone. As I was leaving the game last night, I realized that I wasn't as bummed about the outcome as I usually am when they lose at home. Then I realized that it was because I didn't actually expect them to win. That's pretty sad. The last 5 or so years, anytime a team came into the Tank, I expected the Sharks to win. Even if it was the best team in the NHL, the hottest team, whoever...didn't matter. The Sharks were that good. That's simply not the case anymore. This is a transition in expectations that I'm not ready to make. I would be willing to accept that if they had brought home a Cup in their time on top of the league, but that hasn't happened either. Don't misunderstand me, I am a long way of thinking that their time on top is over. The season is long and lots can change between now and the playoffs. That being said, there's a small seed of doubt and worry that's in the back of my mind, and it's growing ever so slowly with each disappointing effort.

The Sharks will be fine if they can recover on the back end. I wouldn't count them out yet.

When the Sharks get their Defense back up to par, they'll be a playoff contender again.

I'm not gonna lie. I loved seeing the Eurotwins run rampant through a rookie defense. It was everything I hoped for, and more.

If the Sharks had their defensive core healthy, 2-3 of Detroit's goals would not have come so easily, and it would have been a lot closer game.

Decent game, pretty weak first goal Jimmy gave up. Loved the Datsyuk and Zetterberg goals but anyone else want to hit Stuart in the head with a hockey stick when he was behind the net? Kind of fell asleep until Thornton charged him and caused the loose puck, would have been a terrible goal to give up if they had scored. Overall a decent win but nothing special.

Maybe, but Thornton charges unlike very many other people. Stuart probably wasn't expecting it. He's not exactly a Veteran.

Thornton has been eating young defense-men for breakfast for years.

And when you say "nothing special", I dunno, I think the Euro twins looked better tonight than they have all season. Datsyuk split 2 D-men to score. He then passed it blindly behind his back, for Hank to score. Hank also knocked one in like he was playing Volleyball.

I'm not sure what you consider "Special", but three of 5 goals tonight will be in the highlights for weeks. NHL.com posted a video of Datsyuk. First they titled it "Datsyuk slices through a pair of defenseman". They later renamed it. It is now titled: "Are you kidding me?"

Edited by truebladearmy