• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Devils 1

Rate this topic

The MTL game was a good mini-slump buster. Ordinarily I would fear that Brodeur might have our number, but he's just coming back from injury, and the Devils are still heavily banged up. Meanwhile, the guy who is supposed to be carrying the load for the team in Parise's absence is instead turning out to be a major disappointment.

Is 5-2 Detroit unreasonable? I only give the Devils two goals because Osgood is probably starting.

Trust me, Brodeur is no longer scaring ANYBODY. I can actually pinpoint his slide because I saw it happen. A couple years ago the Devils led Carolina in game 7 of the first round by a goal with a minute to go. All they had to do to advance was hold on for a minute. Brodeur let in not one bad gaol on the last minute but TWO. I mean two horrid chances beat him and he simply hasn't looked like Martin the Great since that point.

Western Conference Standings have been updated. Game preview and opposition gdt are now up.

Has it been confirmed osgood will play?

Miller will replace Kris Draper tonight in the only lineup change for Detroit. Just a reminder that the game starts at 7 p.m. because it's also being shown nationally in Canada on CBC, in addition to locally on FSD.

Babcock said he'll start the game with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on separate lines. Here are the anticipated combinations.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Cleary

Abdelkader-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Howard (starting)

Osgood (will start Saturday in New Jersey)

Kovulchuk -18?

MINUS EIGHTEEN???????

I saw that too and had the same reaction. I went and looked it up. There is only 1 player in the entire league worse than that. James Wiesnieski is at -20. That ranks Kovy at 741/742 players. Incidetly, Andy Greene (NJD) is also -18.

Trust me, Brodeur is no longer scaring ANYBODY. I can actually pinpoint his slide because I saw it happen. A couple years ago the Devils led Carolina in game 7 of the first round by a goal with a minute to go. All they had to do to advance was hold on for a minute. Brodeur let in not one bad gaol on the last minute but TWO. I mean two horrid chances beat him and he simply hasn't looked like Martin the Great since that point.

1 game means nothing. Marty finished last year with a .916 save percentage in the regualar season. His career regular season is .914 so I don't by the "slide" that you refer to. He had a bad playoff last year at .881 but the year before he had a .929 playoff. And he had 9 shut-outs last year.

With goaltending it's always about long-term and averages. Marty is not at the peak of his career but he is still better than some of the goaltenders that the media loves like Niemi and Fleury.

Hoping for a wings win tonight, Abdelkader will meet up with Pelley, and I think we see a pretty big win, 5-2ish sounds about right.

Then right after I get to watch GSP beat the crap out of that cocky bastard Koschek, I can't wait :cool:

Well, I did say that the Devils would probably be out of the playoff hunt by X-Mas. I may very well be correct in that.

They have no goaltending at all (Marty's decline started the past three postseasons and has finally stretched into the regular season) and now saddled with that horrendous Kovalchuk contract, they're screwed salary cap-wise for the next decade and beyond.

They better win...I'm bummed enough I won't be there but we bought our first house a few months ago (not too far from the Rock either) and need to save my pennies. Any charitable souls wanna throw me an extra ticket? (fat chance I know)

I saw that too and had the same reaction. I went and looked it up. There is only 1 player in the entire league worse than that. James Wiesnieski is at -20. That ranks Kovy at 741/742 players. Incidetly, Andy Greene (NJD) is also -18.

Yea it really sucks since he was my first pick in fantasy and then i traded for parise... That's a huge fail on my part...

Hoping for a wings win tonight, Abdelkader will meet up with Pelley, and I think we see a pretty big win, 5-2ish sounds about right.

Then right after I get to watch GSP beat the crap out of that cocky bastard Koschek, I can't wait :cool:

Wings win 14 - 2.

And I'm with you on GSP-Kos. I'll be happier than when Hendo annihilated Bisping.