• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Cleary out 4 weeks w/fractured ankle

Rate this topic

NO! Big Bummer

lol oops my bad

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/12/red_wings_danny_cleary_out_fou.html

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Detroit Red Wings received some bad news after Sunday's 4-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild as X-rays revealed that forward Danny Cleary has a fractured left ankle. He will be out at least four weeks.

Cleary was hit in the ankle by a shot from teammate Brad Stuart with 11:18 to play in the third period. Cleary returned shortly after to play on the power play and played another shift as well.

He was limping badly after the game.

"It's broken,'' Cleary said. "A month at least.''

Cleary said it's a non-displaced fracture that won't require surgery. He'll be put in a walking cast and will remain with the team for the rest of the three-game road trip.

"It hurt. I was hoping (it was) a bad bruise,'' Cleary said. "I didn't know what was going on. It was sore. I knew after the game something was wrong.''

Cleary was well on his way to his best season. He scored his team-leading 16th goal in the first period. That's one more than he scored all of last season.

"I'm real upset about it,'' Cleary said. "Four, five weeks, make sure I get back to playing the way I was.''

The Red Wings recalled forward Jan Mursak from the Grand Rapids Griffins. Mursak will make his NHL debut Monday night in Colorado.

Cleary joins fellow forwards Pavel Datsyuk (broken hand, four weeks) and Mike Modano (lacerated forearm, out until March) on the injured list.

So we're all shattered about the news on Cleary. Devestating to lose arguably out MVP for the season.

However out of bad news there's always good news, and it's got to be Jan Mursak's time to shine. Two assists tonight for Grand Rapids, has been down there for 3 years now and is overdue for a shot in the NHL. :thumbup:

Four weeks, my ass.

I broke my ankle last summer playing softball and I was off work 7 weeks.

I had a non-displaced fracture as well. It got 2 weeks of solid cast, 2 weeks of boot (non-weight bearing), 2 weeks of weight bearing boot and then a week of this lace up ankle hitch thing to make sure I could stand on it unsupported. I continued to wear the hitch for probably an additional month for support. To this day, there are days when the fracture will ache.

All that and I'm not a professional hockey player trying to push off, stop/start, turn, etc..

I gotta see this.

Edited by FireCaptain

i thought it was filppula's brother according to you, at any rate I think Holland will make an appropriate decision

iFlip's a centre, we need a winger. ;)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Hudler

Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

Draper - Helm - Mursak

In a perfect world, I'd have Mursak on that 3rd line with Abby and Eaves. However with the above line-up you have the lethal speed of Jan with Helm and Drapes, and you have a right handed shot on both 3rd and 4th lines.

iFlip's a centre, we need a winger. ;)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Hudler

Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

Draper - Helm - Mursak

In a perfect world, I'd have Mursak on that 3rd line with Abby and Eaves. However with the above line-up you have the lethal speed of Jan with Helm and Drapes, and you have a right handed shot on both 3rd and 4th lines.

i think mursak will be good, hopefully he plays physical in the 3rd/4th line role

MURSAK officially recalled!! :yowza:

Oh man, I been waiting years for this! Jan!!

I'm having a really hard time being happy about this, but Mursak is by far my favorite Red Wings prospect. I'm sure once I see him on the ice I'll be a lot more thrilled.

Well, he's missed an average of 14 games in each of the last 4 years.

4 weeks puts him out until around the end of January... 13 or 14 games. I guess we should have seen it coming. :(

Will be nice to get an extended look at Mursak at least.

I was at the game sitting directly behind (on the glass) him when he came off the ice. He was showing the ankle to the trainer and then a couple minutes later Babcock looked over at the trainer and he (trainer) pointed to his own ankle and shook his head- Babcock did too.

Then a few minutes later when he was coming off the ice he just collapsed getting into the bench. Another Wing fan and I looked at each other and cringed and both said "Oh, man that's not good at all!"

He looked REALLY bad!