RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#102 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:23 AM

Wow I'm not sure if your serious or not.
Please go watch soccer or something because you obviously don't know how hockey is suppose to be played.

Do you create a new username every week? I could have sworn I've seen this screen name before or something similar to it..

I want a f#@king gold star damn it!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#103 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

I've never stated anything close to that.

Here is your gold star.

Youve said plenty that makes you come across that way. I didn't start posting here yesterday, dont try to pull the old "I have never said that in this thread, show me my post" crap. You've always posted things that imply you think like that, even if you haven't came right out and said it.

You win a grammy for this performance youre trying to put on right here, and thats better then my gold star :rolleyes:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#104 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Youve said plenty that makes you come across that way. I didn't start posting here yesterday, dont try to pull the old "I have never said that in this thread, show me my post" crap. You've always posted things that imply you think like that, even if you haven't came right out and said it.

I really don't, and since you aren't going to prove it anyway, you might as well stop here with the accusations that won't go anywhere. In fact, the only post I had in this thread before the one you originally responded to was on page one or two. Go ahead and have a read.

You win a grammy for this performance youre trying to put on right here, and thats better then my gold star :rolleyes:

How clever.

Posted Image

#105 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

I really don't, and since you aren't going to prove it anyway, you might as well stop here with the accusations that won't go anywhere. In fact, the only post I had in this thread before the one you originally responded to was on page one or two. Go ahead and have a read.

How clever.

Well its funny, theres 2 of us in this thread that think you would say something like that. Hmm maybe you dont realize how you come across when you post or something? And yeah I know thats clever, way better then your gold star schtick eh :)

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#106 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Well its funny, theres 2 of us in this thread that think you would say something like that. Hmm maybe you dont realize how you come across when you post or something? And yeah I know thats clever, way better then your gold star schtick eh :)

The funny thing is these people are pro-enforcer slappies who seem to carry the idea that either you are with the idea of having an enforcer or you are against enforcers (also I am so shocked you didn't address the post on page one that shows I didn't even make any type of assertion close to what you are accusing me of).

Not my fault you guys can't read.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 12 January 2011 - 04:09 PM.

Posted Image

#107 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

The funny thing is these people are pro-enforcer slappies who seem to carry the idea that either you are with the idea of having an enforcer or you are against enforcers (also I am so shocked you didn't address the post on page one that shows I didn't even make any type of assertion close to what you are accusing me of).

Not my fault you guys can't read.

Just admit you're anti-enforcer already, and then everyone will drop the subject.

About as big a secret as Elton John being ***.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#108 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Just admit you're anti-enforcer already, and then everyone will drop the subject.

About as big a secret as Elton John being ***.

I'm not. I do not hate the idea of having an enforcer on this team however I do not see the inherent need in acquiring one like you all do.

If Holland signed an enforcer or fighting type, I would have no problem and would look forward to how he gels with the team. Holland has not done so, but I will not be worried about the state of the team like you all are. I won't use my nostalgia of the late 90s teams to affect my perception of the Wings like you all do.

Perhaps that is why I am labeled as an anti-enforcer by you "experts".

Posted Image

#109 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Score more than the other team. That's my "expert" analysis.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#110 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

Jarkko Ruutu?

Meanwhile, the Senators are also receiving interest in gritty forward Jarkko Ruutu, who is also in the last year of his contract.

The Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins are among the teams believed to be interested in Ruutu.

http://www.thefourth.../ott110111.html

#111 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

I'm not. I do not hate the idea of having an enforcer on this team however I do not see the inherent need in acquiring one like you all do.

If Holland signed an enforcer or fighting type, I would have no problem and would look forward to how he gels with the team. Holland has not done so, but I will not be worried about the state of the team like you all are. I won't use my nostalgia of the late 90s teams to affect my perception of the Wings like you all do.

Enforcer slappy and anti-enforcer pretty much sums up the "sides" that people are placed on. Reminds me heavily of the usual polarized political landscape here in the US.

How about Red Wing fan who supports whoever the f*** is on his team, enforcer or not? I've never once complained about an enforcer on this team (particularly for the fact that he's merely an enforcer) nor have I complained about one not being on this team. I've certainly enjoyed the energy and entertainment past enforcers brought this team, and some of my favorite moments include the times when fighting was higher, even though I realize the scrums between whistles and the fighting has little to do with victories (<- I guess this is where the macho men disagree with me, though pretty much never provide an original argument). What's funny to me is how there's a select number of fans who are never satisfied with the team they have, even when they find the team they supposedly cheer for above every single other team in terms of success in the last two decades.

It is actually possible to cheer for other teams in certain aspects when not cheering your own team on, especially if being gaga for enforcers and fighting your thing. It's dumb, however, to keep suggesting to a team that does fine without enforcers that this is something they need, just because they don't act out retribution for a cheap shot, big hit, or some between-the-whistles scrum that happens with any intense game. But whatever, even if this team carried one I still wouldn't care, as long as whatever he was brought to this team to do he does well and isn't a liability to this team winning. I'm pretty sure a more pragmatic approach though places me involuntarily on the side of "anti-enforcer". Too bad I don't give a crap about the label.

Edited by Shoreline, 13 January 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#112 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

Enforcer slappy and anti-enforcer pretty much sums up the "sides" that people are placed on. Reminds me heavily of the usual polarized political landscape here in the US.

How about Red Wing fan who supports whoever the f*** is on his team, enforcer or not? I've never once complained about an enforcer on this team (particularly for the fact that he's merely an enforcer) nor have I complained about one not being on this team. I've certainly enjoyed the energy and entertainment past enforcers brought this team, and some of my favorite moments include the times when fighting was higher, even though I realize the scrums between whistles and the fighting has little to do with victories (<- I guess this is where the macho men disagree with me, though pretty much never provide an original argument). What's funny to me is how there's a select number of fans who are never satisfied with the team they have, even when they find the team they supposedly cheer for above every single other team in terms of success in the last two decades.

It is actually possible to cheer for other teams in certain aspects when not cheering your own team on, especially if being gaga for enforcers and fighting your thing. It's dumb, however, to keep suggesting to a team that does fine without enforcers that this is something they need, just because they don't act out retribution for a cheap shot, big hit, or some between-the-whistles scrum that happens with any intense game. But whatever, even if this team carried one I still wouldn't care, as long as whatever he was brought to this team to do he does well and isn't a liability to this team winning. I'm pretty sure a more pragmatic approach though places me involuntarily on the side of "anti-enforcer". Too bad I don't give a crap about the label.

And this is the problem like you've stated. We have a fair amount of people in here that seem to accept that there is a middle ground on this. Great if we have one, but they'll probably be all right without one and it's not going to ruin anybody's evening. Unfortunately, the extreme points of view on both sides are the loudest. And we've seen it on both sides were some are just extremely gung-ho about the subject, some thinking they are useless scrubs. I'll give the extremely gung-ho people that. However, the useless scrub side has become less existent in recent memory to me. Those people or that attitude just isn't highly present here anymore. Thus, you have the extremely gung-ho people still getting in a quandry. Sorry guys, I respect that you all are gung-ho about the subject, but the all or nothing approach or the "anti" label that you all like to throw on people just isn't there, or they aren't there.

#113 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Jarkko Ruutu?

Cool...The next time we face the Pens - maybe he'll bite the tip of Sid's nose off.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#114 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

Cool...The next time we face the Pens - maybe he'll bite the tip of Sid's nose off.

The guy can play some hockey. Would be an interesting acquisition.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#115 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

The guy can play some hockey. Would be an interesting acquisition.

I wouldn't mind this at all. I'm sure we would lose a lot of fans on here though because the wings would have a guy that reaks of class and honour lol.

I even plus 1'ed this for giving me such a good laugh.

That gold star schtick didn't work out so now youre becoming a comedian lol? :thumbup:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#116 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

That gold star schtick didn't work out so now youre becoming a comedian lol? :thumbup:

If you find a quote of mine that contradicts that statement I will eat my hat and post it on youtube.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 14 January 2011 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

#117 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

I wouldn't mind this at all. I'm sure we would lose a lot of fans on here though because the wings would have a guy that reaks of class and honour lol.

As long as he can walk that line he usually walks, Ruutu is one of the biggest agitators in the league, but he can play some decent hockey. Don't wanna see him taking stupid penalties and putting us at a disadvantage.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#118 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

If you find a quote of mine that contradicts that statement I will eat my hat and post it on youtube.

That you dont want the wings to have an enforcer or that they are pretty much useless? Lets give some Downey threads a look and we'll a nice hat getting munched on.

Seriously most of us have been posting here long enough to know how you feel about enforcers, give it a rest. We aren't dumb. Its fine if thats your opinion but when its being talked about you dont have to all of a sudden act like youre being crucified for being against fighters. YOU MAKE POSTS LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME THAT MAKE YOU SEEM ANTI-FIGHTER.

I dont even want a goon on this team like some on here but come on man, everyone who can read knows your opinion on this subject

As long as he can walk that line he usually walks, Ruutu is one of the biggest agitators in the league, but he can play some decent hockey. Don't wanna see him taking stupid penalties and putting us at a disadvantage.

Yeah he can be a physical guy even when he isn't agitating. He would add some nice size to our bottom 6 at about 6'2 2oo pounds I believe

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#119 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

G'Damn it I want a G'Damn gold star!

Plus, the whole anti-enforcer/pro-enforcer thing is just one big false dichotomy anyways.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#120 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

This made me laugh because it's true. I think Ruutu would be an interesting acquisition, but it would be well worth it seeing the thread responses and watching people's heads explode because the Wings picked up someone that isn't exactly "classy."