• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

I couldn't agree more. I frickin loved those uniforms today. I have never been crazy about the orange in the away uniforms either and I don't like the script Detroit now at all. Cleveland went old school and they look terrific.

Nice, long homestand now. What do the Tigers do with Brandon Inge now? Can they honestly say he deserves to start over Don Kelly? I'm not sure the Tigers can afford to roll out a lineup with both Raburn and Inge in it.

The tone of grey they use clashes with the orange, I think. Even with the white in between them. I also hate how bulky the names become on the back. They can still wear the orange D hat, but I'd love to see them go navy on grey. Even if they keep the more modernized 'Detroit' script.

I'm thinking that Don Kelly moves to 2B. Worth is back down in AAA, so I'm guessing Raburn and Kelly platoon the position.

The once strong starting pitching has hit a major rough patch lately. Even Max with 9 wins has been getting hit around and he gets a ton of run support. I think it may be time to pull the plug on the Coke starting experiment. Stretch out Furbush in the rotation or let Oliver come back up. Glad to see Ryan Perry fixed his control issues.

Oh, Brandon Inge and Ryan Raburn batting 8th and 9th = :bag:

I seriously hate Ryan Raburn at this point and blame and his horrible defense for letting the Diamondbacks back in this game. The inning would have ended one batter later had Raburn not eaten that double play ball, as such, it ended 3 runs later.

Coke's biggest issue seems to be that he can't pitch when things get hairy. But I agree, if Coke is going 3 or 4 strong innings - I think it's a sign that he belongs in middle relief.

Do I need to keep repeating myself that JV is fricking filthy? Oh my gosh this guy is good. No one better in baseball. Its not even becoming an argument at this point.

Do I need to keep repeating myself that JV is fricking filthy? Oh my gosh this guy is good. No one better in baseball. Its not even becoming an argument at this point.

If he continues throwing like this, he is going to have his best season by a mile.

Really nice ceremony before the game. I love Dan Dickerson, he did a wonderful job.

Consider this my official proposal for the movement of Casper Wells to 2B. I would love to see a line-up of:

CF Jackson

2B Wells

RF Ordonez

1B Cabrera

DH Martinez

C Avila

SS Peralta

LF Boesch

3B Leyland's mustache

Speed and quickness at the top and big bats all the way through the line-up until we get to Brandon Inge's crappy knees.

7 two-out runs in the 8th inning. What a huge win. Glad Papa Grande came in and threw one pitch like a complete beast.

This might be the best 3 - 6 in baseball right now. When they're hot it's hard to stop them.

Indians haven't played yet today, Tigers are currently a 1/2 game up.

I enjoyed reading this thread, lots of babies in here.

I think the Tigers would be a WS team if they got a 4th starter who didn't fall apart in the 5th like our 4th and 5th starters do. Other than that, i have no complaints about this team other than never starting Ryan Rayburn or brandon Inge.

LEYLAND-UMP.gif

The Mets just beat up on the Rangers' staff. Like it owed them money. Here's hoping Porcello can quiet those bats tonight. And here's hoping the Tigers finally solve R.A. Dickey, too.

Porcello with a quality 2010-showing.

Now I have to watch Daniel f'ing Schlereth - the winner of Worst Tiger of the Year Award. And it's only June.

:lol: Yeah, Porcello has gotten really roughed up three starts in a row now. Honestly, he's the key to the Tigers playoffs chances. You know what you are getting from Verlander and Scherzer at the top. I'm not a huge fan of Coke as a starter and I have no complaints about Penny as he's a very adequate fifth starter. That third guy is so key though because of the inconsistency at the bottom of the rotation. Right now, Porcello scares me. I've always felt the Tigers really hurt his development by bringing him to the big leagues so soon. He was a power pitcher and now he completely pitches to contact. The bullpen has come around and the offense is pretty strong with a few exceptions so you wonder if the Tigers target a starting pitcher at the deadline.

Schlereth will probably end up back at Toledo when Brad Thomas gets healthy. Which is saying something because it's Brad frickin Thomas. I'm shocked he won your award though with Ryan Mendoza on the team.

:lol: Yeah, Porcello has gotten really roughed up three starts in a row now. Honestly, he's the key to the Tigers playoffs chances. You know what you are getting from Verlander and Scherzer at the top. I'm not a huge fan of Coke as a starter and I have no complaints about Penny as he's a very adequate fifth starter. That third guy is so key though because of the inconsistency at the bottom of the rotation. Right now, Porcello scares me. I've always felt the Tigers really hurt his development by bringing him to the big leagues so soon. He was a power pitcher and now he completely pitches to contact. The bullpen has come around and the offense is pretty strong with a few exceptions so you wonder if the Tigers target a starting pitcher at the deadline.

Schlereth will probably end up back at Toledo when Brad Thomas gets healthy. Which is saying something because it's Brad frickin Thomas. I'm shocked he won your award though with Ryan Mendoza on the team.

There are actually reports that the Tigers are shopping Brad Thomas. Who would want Brad Thomas?

I want Coke back in the long relief spot with a solid #4 guy in his place. He's thrown well, but his value in long relief can not be understated.

As for Daniel Schlereth, I hope these 2 grand slams - over the course of two outs - are enough to get him waived.