• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Tampa Bay Lightning unveil new logo / jersey

Rate this topic

dont like them. There current jerseys are so much better its funny how some of you love every thing tampa does just cause yzerman went there just sayin..

while i do agree w/ this statement, i do wish yzerman nothing but the best. Im sure his heart is in detroit and he probably didnt WANT to leave but its something he wanted to do and he wont be the big dog in detroit for quite a few years... its nice that he went to an eastern conference team, it gives a few of us a reason to root for them, and in case they do get to the finals, at least it will be in part because of one of our own, i just hope they lose to the wings :hehe:

Its an improvement over the tired, old, dated logo and uniforms they are using now...but its lacking something. Its too plain. Still an improvement, though.

Why didn't they use the patch logo as the main logo? Its great!

As someone who grew up watching the Bolts as much as the Wings, gotta say I love 'em.

Things I like:

--No more than 2 colors. I'm sure the temptation was there to shove some silver or black in as trim, but it really doesn't need it. A good design doesn't need to be overdone.

--Simple logo. Again, could easily be overdone. And yea, the lightning bolt can be compared to a number of things. But then again, there are only so many ways to draw the typical picture lightning bolt.

--Shoulder patch. It's ******* awesome, and more powerful as a patch than it would be as the central logo.

--Wordless primary logo.

--The shade of blue. Damn, that's a great shade of blue.

--Similar style to the Red Wings trim. Nothing wrong with using a good design; I'd rather them do that then come up with some weird looking post-lockout crap.

--No black! (would be fine with a black 3rd)

--Lack of silly trim and piping

Things I don't like:

--No lightning bolt on the pants; that was always a cool thing about the Lightning unis

--No victory stripes on the underarms. Another cool thing the Bolts jersey had going for it

(Fortunately, I think the above 2 could be added to the new designs without damaging them)

--Size of the primary logo. I feel it's a little too large. I don't care for the "Tampa Bay" on the secondary, but feel the size of the logo is better.

--Two main logos. If the logo is good enough (which I think it is), there should only need to be one. Preferably the wordless one.

--Color blind people criticizing (perceived) color similarities.

Notes:

--The TB blue and TML blue are substantially different.

--Other than using blue and white, the jerseys are substantially different from the TML jersey (much more similar to Wings)

--Only so many ways you can draw a simple graphic lightning bolt. Yea, it's gonna look like gatorade, Flash, etc. Gee, because they're supposed to look like lightning too.

--Really reminds me of the old Nordiques jersey. And that's not a bad thing.

I don't hate them.

But...... I probably like the Lighting Jersey the best out of all the age of Reebok redesigns. I think the Tampa Bay white jersey is in my top 5 favs right now.

Oh well, hopefully I can pick up a cheap Hedman, Lecavalier or St. Louis Age of reebok jersey cheap in the fall