• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

Isles vs Pens

Rate this topic

There's only 4 players on the Pens bench now. This game is getting out of hand lol.

Clearly the Pens are having their yambags handed to them tonight.

lol 9-3 with I think 4 players on each bench.

Okay now there are only 2 players on the bench for the Pens. OMG haha

Edited by Hockeymom1960

From dropyourgloves.com:

Summary Of Events

1 10:22 Fight Adams-Haley

2 13:24 Hit Tangradi-Hillen

3 17:56 Fight Godard-Gillies

4 25:21 Fight Talbot-Martin

5 25:21 Fight Dupuis-Bailey

6 25:21 Fight Rupp-Hamonic

7 25:21 Fight Engelland-Martin

8 29:00 Cheap Shot Fleury-Nielsen

9 42:12 Hit Orpik-Grabner

10 42:12 Rough Orpik-Okposo

11 44:47 Cheap Shot Tangradi-Gillies

12 44:47 Fight Tangradi-Gillies

13 44:47 Fight Adams-Gillies

14 44:47 Brawl

15 44:47 Fight Talbot-Haley

16 44:47 Fight Johnson-Haley

17 44:47 Fight Godard-Haley

18 56:04 Fight Talbot-Konopka

19 56:04 Fight Letang-Okposo

20 57:43 Fight Vitale-MacDonald

21 58:00 Refused to Fight Craig-Nielsen

22 59:00 Hit Orpik-Parenteau

Not bad.

Amazing game. I know people are going to be all over Goddard but I can't say I would have done any differently, his goalie was going to get pounded even though it seems like Johnson can handle himself.

If Johnson was traded to the Wings he would be tied for the team lead in fights... Pathetic.

If Johnson was traded to the Wings he would be tied for the team lead in fights... Pathetic.

Fighting is completely useless. The only thing pathetic is players that actually think they help their team when they get an instigator and 5 minutes in the box.

I'll take a good hit over a fight any day of the week.

Stupid move by Godard to come off the bench and fight. Johnson isn't even the starter, and considering he challenged the other player, he can likely handle himself. For a Pittsburgh line-up already depleted of Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Cooke, Letestu, and Comrie, they really can't have Godard earning himself a lengthy suspension by leaving the bench.

I heard that the Pens play by play team were calling the Islanders "an embarrassment to the league". Tonight, I'd say that was Pittsburgh, not the Isles.

Stupid move by Godard to come off the bench and fight. Johnson isn't even the starter, and considering he challenged the other player, he can likely handle himself. For a Pittsburgh line-up already depleted of Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Cooke, Letestu, and Comrie, they really can't have Godard earning himself a lengthy suspension by leaving the bench.

If the league doesn't suspend Godard for that (and possibly fine Byslma), there's something wrong with them.

I heard that the Pens play by play team were calling the Islanders "an embarrassment to the league". Tonight, I'd say that was Pittsburgh, not the Isles.

Did you even watch the game? Hillen, Gilles all just jumped Penguin's players.

Both teams were complete embarrassments. That was not a hockey game.

If the league doesn't suspend Godard for that (and possibly fine Byslma), there's something wrong with them.

An embarrassment to the league is what Pittsburgh is without Crosby or Malkin.

Did you even watch the game? Hillen, Gilles all just jumped Penguin's players.

Both teams were complete embarrassments. That was not a hockey game.

Admittedly, nope. Was following a lot via box score and Twitter comments. Comments like the from the Pittsburgh PbP crew don't surprise me in any case, though - I know some people think Ken and Mickey are homers, but those guys take homerism to a whole new level. But if the Isles were instigating it, well, that's that.

Admittedly, nope. Was following a lot via box score and Twitter comments. Comments like the from the Pittsburgh PbP crew don't surprise me in any case, though - I know some people think Ken and Mickey are homers, but those guys take homerism to a whole new level. But if the Isles were instigating it, well, that's that.

Yeah, I agree Pens commentators are complete homers.

But both teams are completely deserving of the blame, it was quite a pathetic showing for both teams. It was a gong show in every sense of the word. There will be several suspensions for both teams. Really embarrassing for the league imho.

both teams should be proud of themselves. the nhl won't call penalties with consistency, so these two highly esteemed and honorable teams use their highly regarded reputations to point out the flaws in the referees. plus, i don't give a s***....a good beatdown on s***tsberg is always in order.