• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

I'm just glad that with Crobsy injured everything seems better. He's not constantly shoved down our throat. The NHL website doesn't dedicate %40 of all stories and links to Crosby anymore.

He's a good player and all, but it just feels great to be liberated from the Crosby saturation.

I hate to see anyone hurt, but I totally agree with you. I feel like im able to enjoy hockey without hearing non-stop about a guy who I dont really like very much.

I just hope Tampa can beat the pens before Cindy comes back. Because when he does come back, Cindy's return is going to be all anyone hears about for the following 4 months.

Stuck watching the FS Arizona feed (due to being a Wings fan in AZ) and the only thing I have to say is that Tyson Nash is a ****** BAG! I don't think I've ever heard a worse color guy. Just PATHETIC!

Nash wasn't a very smart player, so this is not surprising. What has he been saying? Do tell.

Great game thus far and even tho Phoenix is getting away with a LOT of interference on Pavs, I think the refs are doing a great job letting both teams play. Also, I like how the refs have done a great job letting Phoenix know that they won't get away with running the Wings... great job refs so far.

On another note, Phoenix has 4 PP goals on their last 8 attempts... the trend is that Nick is NOT on the PK, which in my opinion is the difference maker. I realize that Babs is probably just keeping Nick fresh for the later rounds, but I bet Nick himself would like to be out there to kill some penalties because we cannot let in PP goals like that 50% of the time.

Other than that great game and lets hope the boys finish it out in the 3rd.

Doubt he's keeping him fresh, pretty sure he's putting what he thinks is the best PK unit out there. And with the way Lids has played defensively today, he may be on to something.

I thought the kill today was really strong. They didn't get a shot until 7 seconds left and that was a bad angle shot, pretty solid imo, just unlucky.

So I'm joining late here. A few thoughts, curious what the rest of the room thinks.

1. Great road game by the Wings. Physical, controlled, smart, opportunistic. This is the 2008 Wings.

2. Phoenix is playing a fantastic game for being down 3-1.

3. Is it me, or is Babs hiding Lids a bit? He's looked downright mortal at times. And I'm the staunchest defender of Lids you'll ever find.

4. Drew Miller is earning a contract for next year. Talk about a guy who gets it. Just works, battles, goes to the net, and makes big plays.

5. Howie's been very good. But the Wings have been just as good in front of him. Very heartening to see the crease getting cleared so efficiently.

I said that after the 1st, having an off night hopefully it's not an injury. Has Ericsson at any time in his Detroit watch how Lids uses his stick along the boards to poke check the puck free...the effing guy goes in the corners with his stick dangling out to the side, he might as well drop the damn thing in the corner. Cheeers to a good road 3rd, they are playing hard.

Stuck watching the FS Arizona feed (due to being a Wings fan in AZ) and the only thing I have to say is that Tyson Nash is a ****** BAG! I don't think I've ever heard a worse color guy. Just PATHETIC!

I lived in Scottsdale last spring. Had to listen to Nash for all but one or two games of that seven-game series. He is, without a doubt, this worst color guy in the game. And a gigantic, shameless cheerleader. I nearly ground my teeth to nubs listening to him shine every Coyote pebble into a diamond. I'm in North Carolina now and thrilled to be free of him this time around (though it might be a little more fun given how this series has gone so far).

Don't kid yourself... Nick is still the best Dman for our PK... he anticipates plays that no one else could, and creates little plays to get the puck out of the zone more easily. Being stuck in our zone has been a large problem of the PK, hence why Babs needs to get Nick out there a bit more. And did you see Nick's last shift of the period where he blocked a shot and batted the puck out of the air to get the puck out? He is still damn good defensively and needs to be played more, at least when it matters.

However, I am enjoying the game and am loving that Howard is completely outplaying Bryzgalov right now.

god me too, nash is such a homer its disgusting, this is one of the reasons i didnt wanna play phoenix, being forced to watch this crapfest feed. he even said helm was lucky to cause the turnover that forced the first goal. helm doesnt create luck, only nightmares.

Edited by j.hoop

Nash wasn't a very smart player, so this is not surprising. What has he been saying? Do tell.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is complete BS, things like "let the boys play, this is playoff hockey!" - but only when the yotes are taking liberties on the Wings.

However, all you really need to know is that he is wearing a black and red checkered velour suit jacket. Just ridiculous! (and this is in place of his customary white tuxedo).

1. Great road game by the Wings. Physical, controlled, smart, opportunistic. This is the 2008 Wings.

Just talking with a friend saying how deliciously bored with tonight's game we are. Like, late 90's level bored.

The defense is shutting the Phoenix emotional push down, the Phoenix players have to chase the puck down all the time and they're huffing and puffing... Detroit is just picking them apart so efficiently, its like watching that painter guy who painted "happy trees"... was it Bob Ross?

I *LOVE* being so amazingly fantastically bored at 12:30am during playoffs. No sarcasm. I seriously love it.

I'm just glad that with Crobsy injured everything seems better. He's not constantly shoved down our throat. The NHL website doesn't dedicate %40 of all stories and links to Crosby anymore.

He's a good player and all, but it just feels great to be liberated from the Crosby saturation.

Even beer tastes better without him in the game right now. I feel like I'm tasting components that I've never noticed before.

Someone enlighten me here... how is it that a "stick parallel to the ground" is a penalty but a blatant crosscheck to the back of Helm by Jovanoski, Aucoin, Yandle, etc. is an acceptable hockey play?

I lived in Scottsdale last spring. Had to listen to Nash for all but one or two games of that seven-game series. He is, without a doubt, this worst color guy in the game. And a gigantic, shameless cheerleader. I nearly ground my teeth to nubs listening to him shine every Coyote pebble into a diamond. I'm in North Carolina now and thrilled to be free of him this time around (though it might be a little more fun given how this series has gone so far).

Its amazing how in the hell some of these guys got jobs doing hockey commentary. A couple of times I had the pleasure of listening to the Nashville radio feed on satellite radio against the Wings and Wade Belak is in the same league as Nash. Embarassing really !