• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#21 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

I would rather Helm than Miller on the third line because it allows for Modano on the wing, where he is better suited anyway. It also makes that a quick, defensively capable third line that has scoring punch. Miller/Draper/Eaves is still a solid fourth line; slip Abby in for any of them if you like and it still works out well - hopefully he'll do better than tonight.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, I just think that at this point, Helm works better as a grinder with Eaves and Draper as opposed to fitting in with a better line like Cleary and Mo.

Honestly, I'd just like to see Abdelkader sitting and Bert getting a chance on the second line, I don't much care who sits or who comes in for them.

That is infact the reason i would sit Franzen and enter Michigan Mike. I'd rather take my chances with an old rusty Mikey Mo with something to prove, than a great playoff scoring machine with a bad peg. You can't do s*** with a bad ankle. It's not his fault, it's just the way it is.

Exactly. I'm not saying he's not injured, it's just that Franzen wasn't typical playoff-Franzen. He was more regular season-Franzen, and while you notice him every once in a while, playoff-Franzen gets noticed on every shift, it feels like.

I also noticed Bert a lot tonight, which is why I think he should get time on the second line.

#22 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

abs eaves and miller are essential on the PK. cant sit them unless you substitute for draper. the only guy modano might replace is hudler.

#23 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

More Like PLAY RED WINGS HOCKEY TIME

#24 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:45 AM

More Like PLAY RED WINGS HOCKEY TIME

Yeah, agreed. If the team continues to play like that, it doesn't matter what line-up we roll...we will lose. On the other hand, I'd like to see what Modano can do for us, just for a game, maybe.

I don't know what to do with Franzen...he's so damn unpredictable. One night he's doing every little thing right and lighting it up, and the next he's missing passes and floating around like a lost dog. He could be back to his old self on Sunday, or he might continue to play like tonight...you just can't tell.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

'Enough is enough'.

After one loss. :lol:

No kidding. It's good that nobody in any position of importance anywhere is as fickle as some of the posters here.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

Abdelkader had a good game overall, people are just blaming the OT goat, per usual. If anyone new gets inserted it has to be Draper. We need the PKing help, speed and faceoffs.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

1 loss and swap everyone? Yup, im on lgw

#28 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

Say what you want about Franzen, but one shot from him can turn a series around.

The only switch I'd make is Draper for Miller.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#29 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

I do agree that Modano should be playing, he just adds more depth. When we signed him I said "come playoff time he will score some big goals for us I bet". Maybe not, Babs has really confused me on this. Must be more to the story...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#30 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

He brings more to the table than any of Abdelkader/Eaves/Miller. Speed, a booming shot and a force on the power play. Why he is being benched, I have no idea. Get him back out there and let him fly.

He opened his mouth about retiring during at a crucial point of the season....Red Wing hockey is about team and not about me.....I want him in as well. The mule isn't ready......
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#31 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

I don't know what to do with Franzen...he's so damn unpredictable. One night he's doing every little thing right and lighting it up, and the next he's missing passes and floating around like a lost dog. He could be back to his old self on Sunday, or he might continue to play like tonight...you just can't tell.

12 years :cool:

#32 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Abdelkader had a good game overall, people are just blaming the OT goat, per usual. If anyone new gets inserted it has to be Draper. We need the PKing help, speed and faceoffs.

Don't know which game you were watching... but whenever I saw Abdelkader he was hitting people instead of making a play at the puck. If the Wings were a dump and chase team that would be ok, but puck possession teams play the puck then the body.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#33 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

The only person that will come in first is Draper for Miller. The 4th line wasn't it's usually self last game.

#34 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

id sit eaves for modano or draper, hasn't been physical enough, none of the bottom guys have, so you might as well have either the heart of draper or the skill of modano
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#35 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Don't know which game you were watching... but whenever I saw Abdelkader he was hitting people instead of making a play at the puck. If the Wings were a dump and chase team that would be ok, but puck possession teams play the puck then the body.

You sir, are correct.
On the losing goal, Abs was tied up with a Sharky so Ferrio took the puck out from between Abby's legs and threw it on net, right passed a dumbfounded, spectating, nonshotblocking, Jimmy Howard screening Brad Stuart.

#36 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

Say what you want about Franzen, but one shot from him can turn a series around.

The only switch I'd make is Draper for Miller.

Agree about Mule. He is a streaky scorer who typically steps-up in the playoffs. Sitting him is not smart IMO.

#37 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

12 years :cool:

yeah that's a terrible contract. I can only imagine how he will be playing in a few years.

#38 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

yeah that's a terrible contract. I can only imagine how he will be playing in a few years.

Posted Image

#39 MDCard

MDCard

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

How quickly people forget that certain players still have nagging injuries, specifically a forward who is still nursing an ankle from a previous series.

Then let him sit for a bit and play a healthy guy...until he is recovered and ready, he is a liability.

#40 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

I'd be happy to at least try Modano on the third or fourth line, but please keep him away from the top 6.

However if it's extra speed we want, why not bring Mursak in for a game or two?

To be honest it's only our first playoff loss...making a change isn't critical right now, we can win with our current lineup.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!