• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

This guy has gotten mixed reviews from day 1. Some love him, others hate. Personally, I've never been a fan. Sure, he knocks a guy down once in a while, something that (sadly) is a rarity for this team, but he's also a turn over machine and contributes very little to offense. He also can't seem to win ANY puck battles for the life of him. Yet, people will continue to defend him here cause he's the sole source of any "grit" this team has. Anyway, considering he's simply been god awful this series, what do you think? Sit for playoffs? Cut him in the off-season?

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

As I said in the GDT, we need to get rid of this guy.

He doesn't do anything that can't be replaced by guys that do it much better. He should be trying to hit everything with a Sharks jersey out there. Instead, the only physicality he's shown involves high sticking people.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

Modano time, that's what you do

#4 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Abby is awesome. No need to dump a guy because he's taken a couple high-sticking penalties. :rolleyes:

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Abby is awesome. No need to dump a guy because he's taken a couple high-sticking penalties. :rolleyes:

No?

I just read on TMZ that his girlfriend has dumped him for that exact reason.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

please convince me

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#7 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Some major scapegoating here...

#8 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

Knee jerk much?

Yeah, hes taken a couple high sticks...

But the one last game should NOT have been a double. That was a display of dastardlyf****** ***** ass bulls*** unsportsmanship conduct on that piece of s*** Wallin. Watch the replay. Thatf****** piece of s*** chomps down on his own lip several times until he draws his own blood, then runs to the ref, who of course calls a double minor on it. f****** disgraceful...

If Helm had a couple unproductive games in which he drew a couple penalites, you guys would be calling for him to be booted from the team too. Get a grip, eh?

#9 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

They could try taking his stick away. Or maybe just make the blade really, really heavy.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#10 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Abdelkader has taken some stupid penalties, but I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again.

No worries though. Fil will hit his potential next season according to his fan club and the Cubs will win the World Series.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#11 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Abdelkader has taken some stupid penalties, but I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again.

No worries though. Fil will hit his potential next season according to his fan club and the Cubs will win the World Series.

Yeah sometimes I even forget he is on the ice :(

#12 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'm more concerned with our "second line" center or the guy that has supposed to fill that role for five years now and still hasn't. Filppula is useless offensively and the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg almost have to be split up again

THIS is a goodf****** point people should be worried about too. But for some reason Fil is beloved and all his f*** ups and bad play must be blamed on someone else. s***, even ridiculously overpaid per 2 year old contract Hudler consistently impresses me af****** HELL of a lot more that the (for whateverf****** reason) beloved Fillpula.

Edit:

(actually, that not fair, Hudler has picked it up the second half of the season, I still think he is overpaid though)

Edited by sleepwalker, 01 May 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

The Abdelkader hate is mind-boggling. The guy took a couple of bad penalties, move on. He's done nothing else egregious. No one really got anything going today. The thing that scares me more is that Helm has been subdued of late.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Abdelkader is young, has been clutch (09 finals anyone?), and is willing to scrap.

The more time he gets in the NHL, the better he can be for the team. Perhaps we should get a veteran grit depth player to give him some perspective? No I don't believe having May on the team half the season was enough to work him. I would rather have a contributor to more than just fighting.

Posted Image

#15 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

So because the second line cannot score, the BFF line cannot score, and the third line cannot score (with or without Abby), Abby is the scapegoat? He has taken some bad penalties, but I don't see how he hurt us today (his penalty did in OT, but Z got a similar penalty today and won't be criticized).

#16 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

he is not physical enough for how crappy the rest of his game has been
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#17 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Uh, Fil is tied with Homer for second most points on the team in the playoffs, bro.

You might want to pick on someone that's actually sucking, like Franzen or Abdelkader (who's -3).

Some people... :rolleyes:

#18 Klunzo

Klunzo

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

As I said in the GDT, we need to get rid of this guy.

He doesn't do anything that can't be replaced by guys that do it much better. He should be trying to hit everything with a Sharks jersey out there. Instead, the only physicality he's shown involves high sticking people.

I agree 100%.
"I believe we have a team that can make the playoffs" -Brian Burke

#19 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Abdelkader is lazy and he sucks.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#20 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Here's what you do...

Take him out back with the shotgun and tell the kids that he went to a poodle farm to learn some toughness.