• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wow... Ryan Clowe will not play in Game 6

Rate this topic

I doubt it was a concussion, I don't see him hit his head on anything. Unless he got one from the sudden stop his brain had to make. I would undoubtedly attribute this to Kronner though.

Could be a concussion seeing as he didn't even fly with the team.

Of course I never wish injuries upon anyone, even hated rivals...

But I can think of few other instances where someone DESERVED this more than Clowe.

He instigates a fight in the last seconds of game 4, takes several cheap sucker punches at Abby while the linesman holds Abby in place. THEN he has the stupidity to come out and say "I wish it was against Kronwall". Looks like you got more than you bargained for. :lol:

I think he has been taken out because of his "hot-headed"-ness. Right now he has to be the most notable shark to take a stupid penalty(not something they feel they need to risk at this time). When he is publicly calling Kronwall out, no matter what he does the refs are looking for it.

When did he call out Kronwall?? Is there a video of this?

He said he wishes the shots he had at Abby were Kronwall instead.

The Kronwall hit was a GREAT hockey play.

This is not enough to keep Clowe off the ice. He logged a ton of minutes after that hit.

Take nothing away from him getting destroyed, it's not enough. Something like the flu makes complete sense. Clowe is the toughest dude on the Sharks. I gotta believe if we were facing elimination tonight that he'd be in there. It's a luxury to keep him out because tonight, we can only WIN the series folks!

They updated the blog a few minutes ago (SJ Mercury, David Pollack)

UPDATE: Still nothing from the team, but word being spread is “flu-like symptoms” kept Ryane Clowe off the plane — leaving open the possibility, I suppose, of a private jet whisking him here today if he woke up feeling better.

More shortly.

Seems pretty obvious he's out.

Edited by azshark

Concussions aren't taken too lightly and not making the trip on the plane would be the obvious part to it too. A lot of concussions follow with "flu-like" symptoms anyway. He logged a lot of time after that but as you said and I agree, Clowe is a tough dude.

I think he has been taken out because of his "hot-headed"-ness. Right now he has to be the most notable shark to take a stupid penalty(not something they feel they need to risk at this time). When he is publicly calling Kronwall out, no matter what he does the refs are looking for it.

I kinda highly doubt they would simply bench their leading scorer in a pivotal playoff game on the road.

He is out because of the Kronwall hit, plain and simple. "Flu like symptoms"

I dont really buy the 'flu like symptoms' thing to be honest. The guy didn't look or seem sick Sunday. It would have had to sprung up out of nowhere yesterday for them to keep him off the flight. If I'm not mistaken they flew out Monday morning. So the timing seems weird. The only thing that would make a bit of sense if it was the flu is that on a flight like that they wouldnt want it to spread to the rest of the team.

To me, if he woke up with the flu bad enough to keep him off the flight he probably had the flu during Game 5. If that was the case he would have been taking some shifts off when it was 3-1 to rest up. Something doesnt make sense to me.