• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Changes in the offseason

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Who's the woman to carry this genetically spliced future goaltending god or are we growing him in a vat? lol.

Perhaps one of the females here would agree to be artificially inseminated. We've already done the work to combine their genomes in a lab.

Deal Filppula, Kindl, 24th pick, 5th round, 2nd 2012, performance based pick to Philly for Carter, Carle. Trade Hudler for cap space and a pick in return.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Kris Draper ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.800m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Christian Ehrhoff ($4.500m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Josh Harding ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,610,605; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $789,395

lol again. If you think Philly would make that trade, you're mad.

I'm also curious as to why you would want a backup goaltender who tore both an ACL and an MCL last season and has not played professional hockey in over a year.

No ones going to eat Hudlers contract, let alone give the Wings a pick in return. Any trade for Hudler will include almost a dollar for dollar swap.

Well then, I will trade Hudler and his $2.9M for the rights to either Kyle Turris, Luke Schenn, Erik Cole's or Ian White's $2.9M average salary...

-OR- Saku Koivu's $2.5M, Tim Gleason's $2.7M, Erik Johnson's $2.6M, Steve Ott's $2.9M, Matt Greene's $2.9M, Lattendresse's $2.5, Barker's $3.0, Clarkson's $2.6M, Salvadore's $2.9M, Okposo's $2.8M, Grabner's $3.0M, Eaton's $2.5M, Chris Phillip's $3.0M, Versteeg's $3.0M, Klesla's $2.9M, Morris' $2.7M, James Neal's $2.8M, Doug Murray's $2.5M, Chris Stewart's $2.8M, Armstrong's $3M, Grabovski's $2.9M, Shultz's $2.7M....etc etc... unfortunately, none of these teams would even think about trading ANY of these guys for Hudler...

If Holland cannot move Hudler, then I hope to the highest hope that the 2008 Hudler returns in 2011...

edit: What would you guys do if Holland signs Turco as Howards back-up?

Edited by LeftWinger

I want these super long term deals to end. We're getting kinda screwed by Rafalski and I really am worried what would happen if Dats/Z/or Franzen ever got injured. Also we need some speed and youth on the back end. Lidstrom retiring is really going to suck for this organization and we have to start developing/sign replacements for him

I want these super long term deals to end. We're getting kinda screwed by Rafalski and I really am worried what would happen if Dats/Z/or Franzen ever got injured. Also we need some speed and youth on the back end. Lidstrom retiring is really going to suck for this organization and we have to start developing/sign replacements for him

:blink: Did someone just tune in? We've got it all figured out, just waiting for Holland to call us back....

edit: What would you guys do if Holland signs Turco as Howards back-up?

Well, that'd be a poor signing, considering he'd only be available for 41 games... sure as hell don't want him playing any home games as long as we're at the Joe...

And how exactly are we getting screwed by Rafalski? and what does it have to do with long term deals???? If anything, he bowed out with dignity and gave us cap relief, since he was not worth what he was making anymore...part of the advantage of signing players long term before they're 35...

By looking at the UFA lists for this year and the next, its evident that there are a few guys that need to be looked at for sure. I think we should go after another top 6 forward this year as other than semin, there isn't much in next season's batch of ufas. Here is a list of high end guys (with some youth and potential) that have been discussed here and on hfboards to think about incorporating over the next 2 years rather than just looking one season ahead.

Dmen:

2011:

Pitkanen

Ehrhoff

Bieksa

Wisniewski

Brewer

Markov

2012:

Suter

Burns

Liles

Coburn

Carle

Forwards:

2011:

Richards

Gagne

Connolly

Ryder

Jokinen

Laich

2012:

Semin

Sharp

Boyes

Realistically, from looking at this list, I'd love to make a trade for Burns this offseason and have his 3.5mil caphit this year and he shoots right which is what we need desperately. I'd give up Anyone other than Z, Dats, Helm, Kronner, Smith in a package for him. May want to try to offload a long salary like Franzen (god love him) who would be a much needed sniper for the wild. Then try and sign Suter the next offseason if Lids retires after next season. Doubt many of those UFAs for 2012 will be left when the time comes... I got my eye on Patrick Sharp......

Well now, we disagree, because I'm saying that his stats would indicate that he had a down year, whereas you're stating very clearly that he had a down year and thus his stats were affected...

Also, you post-plagarizing son of a b!!

Wait...I get exactly what you're not saying, therefore I DO know what you're saying!

My favorite thread derailment ever!

Wait...I get exactly what you're not saying, therefore I DO know what you're saying!

My favorite thread derailment ever!

:beerbuddy:

... I'd love to make a trade for Burns this offseason and have his 3.5mil caphit this year and he shoots right which is what we need desperately. I'd give up Anyone other than Z, Dats, Helm, Kronner, Smith in a package for him....

This part of your post - I don't see it happening, but I'd be all for it, as long as we didn't overpay to make it happen. Burns would be an amazing addition here, but I suspect that Minnesota will lock him up long term and he will never see FA, who knows though, stranger things have happened...

Guest Hatethedrake!

We're stuck with Hudler, Emmerton is out of waiver options, Lidstrom returns, we need 3 UFA dmen since Smith is likely going to spend another season in Grand Rapids. Ericsson is likely going to be overpaid by another team as a UFA. Plus we need a back-up for Howard.

Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Filppula-Hudler

Eaves-Helm-Mursak

Miller, Emmerton

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-UFA

Kindl-UFA

UFA

Howard-UFA

We're stuck with Hudler, Emmerton is out of waiver options, Lidstrom returns, we need 3 UFA dmen since Smith is likely going to spend another season in Grand Rapids. Ericsson is likely going to be overpaid by another team as a UFA. Plus we need a back-up for Howard.

Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Filppula-Hudler

Eaves-Helm-Mursak

Miller, Emmerton

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-UFA

Kindl-UFA

UFA

Howard-UFA

We really only need 2 FA dmen, Janik is a perfectly serviceable 7th dman and this 2nd year of his deal was a 1 way contract, so I'm pretty sure they're going to carry him as their depth dman...

I know the bigger names (Bieksa, Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, etc) are the ones everyone is really clamoring about, but I know Kenny will do the right thing about that 1-4 dman addition, it's the bottom pairing that I REALLY have my heart set on and that's Steve Montador - Shouldn't cost us more than 2m TOPS, is incredibly solid defensively, physical, good shot and kills penalties... not a whole lot of offensive upside and maybe isn't the fastest guy in the world, but makes good decisions and his positioning make up for it (once again, keep in mind, we're talking for the bottom pairing)... I also think he'd be the EXACT type of pairing partner to allow Kindl to really flourish, as they're styles really compliment each other well... (one stay at home, other offensive minded, one is smooth and moves the puck, not too physical, the other is more bruising, clears the crease and will get nasty when needed)

We really only need 2 FA dmen, Janik is a perfectly serviceable 7th dman and this 2nd year of his deal was a 1 way contract, so I'm pretty sure they're going to carry him as their depth dman...

I know the bigger names (Bieksa, Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, etc) are the ones everyone is really clamoring about, but I know Kenny will do the right thing about that 1-4 dman addition, it's the bottom pairing that I REALLY have my heart set on and that's Steve Montador - Shouldn't cost us more than 2m TOPS, is incredibly solid defensively, physical, good shot and kills penalties... not a whole lot of offensive upside and maybe isn't the fastest guy in the world, but makes good decisions and his positioning make up for it (once again, keep in mind, we're talking for the bottom pairing)... I also think he'd be the EXACT type of pairing partner to allow Kindl to really flourish, as they're styles really compliment each other well... (one stay at home, other offensive minded, one is smooth and moves the puck, not too physical, the other is more bruising, clears the crease and will get nasty when needed)

Well done sir, I actually really like the idea of adding montador. If we don't make any trades this offseason and we are just making UFA signings, Montador would be a great bottom pairing guy. He shoots right, would make a solid bottom pair with Kindl. I'd do a one year contract. Just to keep us flexible for next season with possible UFAs Burns and Suter becoming available. I think we need to make one big UFA Dman signing this offseason (Bieksa or Wisniewski) and then grap a guy like Montador this year. Not to mention Smith may be ready next season.

If Holland makes a trade for another Dman as he said he may, its likely that Kindl goes along in that deal. So as long as that doesn't happen, I like the idea of Montador.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The red cape would look great with the jersey!

matador.bullfight.10.jpg

Oh wait... Montador. Darn.

Man that guy really hurt his package. Get a band aid for christ sakes.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Would anybody be interested in Chris Dury on the cheap? Rumour is that he is going to be bought out by the Rangers.

It would have to be very cheap. Drury can take Hudler's spot.

It would have to be very cheap. Drury can take Hudler's spot.

I feel he would be a perfect addition to the wings. He's a right hand center who is a very good faceoff guy, can pk, and has a track record for timely playoff goals. IMO perfect third line center to play with cleary and hudler.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I feel he would be a perfect addition to the wings. He's a right hand center who is a very good faceoff guy, can pk, and has a track record for timely playoff goals. IMO perfect third line center to play with cleary and hudler.

I still have nightmares of Drury when he was an Avsnot. Those OT winners and game winning goals made me hate his guts. Plus each time he was on ESPN it had to be mentioned ad nauseum how he was a Little League World Series MVP.

But that was many years ago. I'm not sure how much gas Drury has left in the tank. I expect him to return to the Sabres.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Maybe. I'm kind of back and forth on him. He should come really cheap, but he has a chronic knee and its not going to get any better. Maybe a 4th liner? I'd rather have Helm at the 3rd line center position. He's definitely a Wings type of player, just not sure how he fits into the puzzle right now.

I'd take Drury in a heartbeat if he's bought out and he takes a reasonable contract... he's still probably worth 3m+, he's just not in a situation, or role that fits him - he is a top 6 player, not a top 3 player as he was brought in to be in NY and could probably be had for even less than 3m, since he'll be getting a payday from NY as well...

With that said, I wouldn't be ok with the Wings paying him anything over 1.5 with his recent question marks...

Edited by stevkrause

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Kris Draper ($0.800m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.100m) / Chris Drury ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m)

James Wisniewski ($4.500m) / Joni Pitkanen ($5.000m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,171,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,028,789

This lineup gives us 14 forwards and seven d. Allows us to sign both Wis and Pitkanen as well as add an experienced Chris Drury to anchor our third line centre position. These would be the lines i would run...

Fil- Dats- Homer

Bert- Z- Mule

Huds- Drury- Cleary

Abby- Helm- Eaves

Mursak

Draper

Lids- Wis

Stuart- Pitkanen

Kronwall- Kindl

Janik

Howie

Ozzy

PP1

Fil- Dats- Homer

Wiz Lids

PP2

Hudler- Z- Mule

Pitkanen Kronwall

What do you guys think?

Guest Hatethedrake!

I don't mind your line-up until I read 'Hudler.' That name just gives me extreme bodily convulsions to which I may never ever recover from. I know he'll most likely be a Wing again next season but I just like to think about how much better this team would be without him in the line-up. Anyway I can't see Kenny signing both Wiz and Pitkanen. Wiz for sure. Pitkanen is overrated IMO. Some team will pay him. Hopefully not the Wings.