• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CaptainCaveMan

Atlanta Thrashers move to Winnipeg

Rate this topic

379 posts in this topic

Agreed, then if they decide to "update" the logo in a year or 2, they cash in on all that revenue too... from a business standpoint, going with the retro jersey is the smartest way to go...

Sounds like old school Jets logo will just be a 3rd jersey.

That's stupid. Ok, Shane Doan is in Phoenix now. But Selanne is in Anaheim (for now) and Khahabibulin is in Edmonton (for now). Everyone else is retired. So they were never going to get "their team" back.

When Phx decided to go with a different brand, the NHL obtained the Jets BRAND. The BRAND includes the name, logo, colors, etc. Now, the history is still owned by the Coyotes. It's not part of the brand. So as of right now, they still own the record books.

As for new logo, I like this :thumbup:

Jets.bmp

The NHL only owned the "Jets" branding because it took over ownership of the Coyotes. The NHL does not own the Whalers branding, or branding for any other relocated club. The "new" Jets had to purchase the branding from the Coyotes, and in effect the NHL.

If the Islanders were to move to Hartford and wanted to use the "Whalers" name, they would have to purchase it from the Hurricanes. Another thing we likely won't be seeing is "new" Quebec Nordiques.

. Former Atlanta Thrashers assistant coach Mike Stothers, who didn't have his contract renewed by the Jets after the franchise relocation, is the new head coach of the Western Hockey League's Moose Jaw Warriors.

Looking at his record, including a year in GR, I have one reaction:

OMG_ONOZ_by_u63r.gif

Edited by mjlegend

I'd expect them to be similar to their originals, in a way like what Washington did to their uniforms. The same basic look, but modernized and still looking good.

Washington%20Capitals%2032%20Hunter%20red%20with%20A%20patch%20Jerseys.JPG

Reebok%20Washington%20Capitals%2040%20Varlamov%20%20RED%20Jersey.JPG

The Jets will be unveiling their logo this at 5:00pm EST on jets.nhl.com.

There are rumors swirling that this is the will be the logo -

ox5h9.jpg

Here's hoping they are false.

The Jets will be unveiling their logo this at 5:00pm EST on jets.nhl.com.

There are rumors swirling that this is the will be the logo -

ox5h9.jpg

Here's hoping they are false.

From twitter:

icethetics

Have to get back to work now, but I'll be shocked, and honestly, appalled if that "leak" is true. Won't be able to update blog til later.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. That logo sucks! I guess we'll see what the real deal is in just a few minutes. I hope for an updating of the vintage themes. WTF is that anyway?

Edited by evilmrt

the leaked logo sucks. hope it isn't real.

Agreed. 100%. Someone suggested the idea that maybe this (seemingly) haphazardly scheduled announcement is a reaction to the leak. Perhaps, though, it's a reaction against the leak so that crappy logo doesn't flood the knock off market.

Edit: Already posted.

This logo set is completely terrible. The 3 aren't even cohesive with one another. I can't decide which is worse, the main logo or the wordmark.

Edited by Travis

WOW! The new logos look like amateur-level s***! :thumbdown:

It really is. I think amateurish is probably the best way to describe it. They completely missed the mark with these logos. I can understand some of the thinking behind the symbolism, with the pilot wing secondary and the northern-compass mark on the main logo - but they just failed. Plain and simple.

As if the idea behind the 'jet on the leaf' wasn't lame enough - even the execution sucks. I now have no faith or interest in the jerseys. I was hoping the Thrashers franchise would be freed of crappy aesthetics, but obviously I'm wrong. They would have been better off letting people react to the leak without confirming or denying anything. It would've given them some good insight into fan reaction, which will certainly be negative.

Maybe they'll get the 'Gap treatment' and have to call an audible on the logo.

I think they work really well together... It looks like vintage miltary flyboy stuff. I bet the sweaters will look really clean and like old time hockey.

Also, you know the Goalies will do a great job because they have a target on their chest. All the pucks will hit them right in the logo for sure!!! :lol:

pucktividi and Yak19 like this

The only thing I don't like is that the leaf looks metallic and non-leafy.

I think they work really well together... It looks like vintage miltary flyboy stuff. I bet the sweaters will look really clean and like old time hockey.

Also, you know the Goalies will do a great job because they have a target on their chest. All the pucks will hit them right in the logo for sure!!! :lol:

I mean, that's obviously the direction they were going - which I appreciate - but it could have been much more well executed. They have posted their brand identity on their site. The first slide showing the start of their ideation is a great direction, but displaying that just proves how far off the mark they hit.

They did a really poor job of trying to 'update' the crest in the upper right hand corner of the aforementioned slide. I'm woefully unimpressed by all of it. Maybe they'll do some really classic looking jerseys, but I a strong feeling that they'll try to create and 'updated' version of those, too.

Hahahahaah. Well they didn't retain s*** all from the Thrashers, except for a terrible logo :thumbup: well done True North, not like this logo was AWESOME

wpg.gif

wow. seems like the decision didnt take very long to decide. much like how the franchise relocated from atlanta to winnipeg! :scared:

whats next? Teemu Selanne , Shane Doan, Kris Draper, Nikolai Khabibhulin ALL sign with the jets?! :yowza::clap: