• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

1,194 posts in this topic

I was right in the middle of the WTO riot in Seattle in 1999 with my wife and kids. Purely by accident. One minute we go into a restaurant to get some lunch, an hour later there's cops in riot gear everywhere and chasing protesters down the street. It was a pretty weird experience. I had been to some protests before but never with rubber bullets and tear gas being used.

Oh, this reminds me that I've actually seen a small riot before and had to breathe some tear gas. I was a bystander, but wind blew the gas around.

There's already a Wikipedia page for this riot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Vancouver_Riot

A man was taken to hospital with a head injury. Police say several fans wearing canucks attire poured 7 jerry cans filled with gasoline over a black Honda Civic parked in front of the stadium. The vehicle was said to have Boston Bruins flags surrounding the car.
Edited by P. Marlowe

This was a great playoffs by far the most non wings games I have watch in any playoffs ever. Yeah it sucks the Red Wings couldent win it but I was very impressed how they came back from down 3-0 games 4,5, and 6 were some of my favorite games. I can't wait for nhl network to start replaying all the series especially the sharks series so I can watch 4,5,6 again.

Watching live stream of Vancouver riot.. cops tossing tear gas at them. Saw a guy pick one up and threw it back...awesome.

Edited by R-Dizzle
Detroit # 1 Fan likes this

Watching live stream of Vancouver riot.. cops tossing tear gas at them. Saw a guy pick one up and threw it back...awesome.

wow, you're an idiot.

evilmrt likes this

Recchi :thumbup: :thumbup:

good for him

Marchand just owned the Hart finalists/winners

US always has the best goalies, and Thomas is the best in the World

Jesus, the whole city seems to be covered in black smoke. What the hell is wrong with these guys?

They're saying on twitter that someone has died in the riots in Vancouver...if this is true...wow. I cannot even express my disgust with that city.

Way to keep it classy Vancouver and they wonder why their fan base is disrespected and called bandwagon jumpers...what a joke.

You sir are a ******* idiot !

ChelisChick and evilmrt like this

They're saying on twitter that someone has died in the riots in Vancouver...if this is true...wow. I cannot even express my disgust with that city.

link?

Why don't you go join them then you tool.

Nevermind likes this

Way to keep it classy Vancouver and they wonder why their fan base is disrespected and called bandwagon jumpers...what a joke.

You sir are a ******* idiot !

Oh please, don't be so butt hurt because I said awesome..jesus christ.

Detroit # 1 Fan likes this

link?

No link or confirmation that I can find as of yet...just loads of people talking about it. I hope its a rumor.

Wow... How dumb would you have to be to be standing next to a burning car??? Geez.

Wow... How dumb would you have to be to be standing next to a burning car??? Geez.

Waiting to make smores..