• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

Im with you. I think he would be a great addition to our PP and a solid 2nd or 3rd liner but if he doesn't sign with Detroit, I am not gonna lose any sleep. He can soak up all the minutes in Pitt when Crosby sneezes to hard and hits his head on the mirror and is sidelines for 5 more months. I think he'd be great the right price (cheap cheap cheap) but other than that, just get me to July 1st.

I agree there is no reason to break the bank on him as there are other forwards that can be of value for a longer term. But i do feel he would fit in here with are euro style, and the veteran atmosphere. But ultimately its his decision and he can do what he feels is best for him.

Anyway we have bigger needs like fixing the d. This is the first time that im seriously worried about our team especially on the back end. But in Kenny I trust. He always does the right things and thats why he is the best GM in the game

Rumor has that Jagr will sign with Pitt for 1.4

That is via a Russian Newspaper. I would copy the link but it's all in Russian

All of the credible U.S. media sites are saying that Jagr was offered $2 mil by the Pens. However, they're also saying that the Pens are the only team to make an offer which is not true, since obviously the Wings have made an offer already too.

All of the credible U.S. media sites are saying that Jagr was offered $2 mil by the Pens. However, they're also saying that the Pens are the only team to make an offer which is not true, since obviously the Wings have made an offer already too.

Yeah I saw where it got retweeted and I just thought it would be interesting to put up if there is any chance for this to be over with so we move on. However, the only thing to talk about for the next few days is July first sooo there are plenty of threads and ideas there...

I don't think there is any doubt on that one.

Ya i've given up on the thought of him coming to the wings. Heres hoping the Pens flop in the first round and our acquired top 6 forward plays a major role on our way to the cup. Then he can see what he really missed out on

Ya i've given up on the thought of him coming to the wings. Heres hoping the Pens flop in the first round and our acquired top 6 forward plays a major role on our way to the cup. Then he can see what he really missed out on

Hey, bringing back Kovalev worked out pretty well for them.

Oh, wait...

I could see Pitt winning the Cup without him, so I would sign with them if I were him considering he's played there already anyway.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Wow... Letsgopens getting REALLY speculative now...(as if they weren't already)

Reporting sightings of him in JFK, and checking in to a Pitts flight... lol.

Guest Scrosby87

On our sports radio station in Pittsburgh "The Fan" - An employee at JFK saw him boarding either a private jet to Pittsburgh or checking in to his flight.

So hopefully it's true.

Regardless -- We will win the Cup without Jags.

It would just be ridiculous the type of record the Pens would have if we somehow signed Jagr and Kennedy.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Well... you can easily tell the difference in fan interest. There's 18 people reading this thread right now. Right now, Letsgopens is having trouble staying online.

On our sports radio station in Pittsburgh "The Fan" - An employee at JFK saw him boarding either a private jet to Pittsburgh or checking in to his flight.

So hopefully it's true.

This employee just happened to have the motivation to call up another state's radio station to let them know a guy was heading their way? Seriously?

I'm not saying that he won't sign in Pittsburgh, but some crazy stuff is going down on letsgopens.com

Site is having "problem loading page" now for me. haha

As the day creeps along, I'm hoping more and more we pass on Jagr. Evertime I open my browser and start surfing hockey news, I brace myself for some very bad news that he's coming to the Wings. I'm hoping Kenny isn't in a panic over the top 4 Dman pool virtually being decimated with trades/rights to negotiate/etc..the past week and does something just to make headlines and keep our off-season moves on the relevant radar. Don't think he would, but would imagine Kenny is feeling some heat to do something....I hope it's not anything (stupid).

So hopefully it's true.

Regardless -- We will win the Cup without Jags.

It would just be ridiculous the type of record the Pens would have if we somehow signed Jagr and Kennedy.

LOL. Why don't you guys focus on making the playoffs before you make predictions like that.

Guest Scrosby87

They are originally from Pittsburgh. Claim's he went to Univ. Of Pitt and is a die hard Pens.

Hardek just reported on NHL he thinks Jagr to Pens is done.

The latest of the latest is that Jagr hasn't even landed in the US yet.

Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweets that at a quarter to five Wednesday, Jaromir Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda says his client still has not landed in New York. Jagr is expected to make known his decision about whether or not to sign with the Penguins shortly after his plane touches down.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-penguins/2011/6/29/2251078/jaromir-jagr-rumors-pittsburgh-penguins-jagrwatch-signing

Hardek just reported on NHL he thinks Jagr to Pens is done.

Total fabrication of bulls***. He said nothing to support your claim. The closest he said is "he may be close to a deal." Your own Rob Rossi wouldn't even confirm that rumor when pressed and brought up the fact that turtles were blocking the runway so that he couldn't land. Yeah, turtles shutting down an airport. :hysterical::ok: :rotflmao:

On another note, I did hear that he told Sid that he was going to sign while they were walking on the beach. Sound familiar. :taunt:

Total fabrication of bulls***. He said nothing to support your claim. The closest he said is "he may be close to a deal." Your own Rob Rossi wouldn't even confirm that rumor when pressed and brought up the fact that turtles were blocking the runway so that he couldn't land. Yeah, turtles shutting down an airport. :hysterical::ok: :rotflmao:

You mean these turtles? http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_jfk_flights_delayed_because_of_sexstarved_turtles_season_mating_ritual_on_runway.html