• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Trade Speculation Talk...

Rate this topic

Why do they make trades for picks only? So they can draft two people instead of one? Don't we have enough people in the system? Or is that why, cuz we don't want to draft someone too good that needs to come up sooner?

Edited by rrasco

Why do they make trades for picks only? So they can draft two people instead of one? Don't we have enough people in the system? Or is that why, cuz we don't want to draft someone too good that needs to come up sooner?

Players at this level have <50% of ever making it in the NHL. For teams like the Wings it can be better to have two guys who probably won't be much, but maybe we strike gold, then one with a little better chance.

If they trade a 2nd round pick for the rights to Wiz, it may make me scratch my head a little. But, on the other hand they may want to get a possible negotiation done so they know how much they have left to spend on a forward??

Being that it's only a 2nd rounder (in a weak draft pool), I am totally on board. I didn't realize the terms when I posted my previous question. Keeps him from being shopped elsewhere by Montreal.

Pierre LeBrun says it's Rostislav Olesz

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Panthers source says it's Olesz to Chicago for Campbell

He carries less than half of the cap hit of Campbell. Looks like signing Sharp is a certainty.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Olesz for Campbell. Needs to clear central registry. Kevin Dineen is on the phone with Brian Campbell now.

@Darrendreger

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I tip my hat to the Blackhawks for their moves. They had to get out from under that Campbell contract and the Panthers had to add salary to get to the floor. Not to mention Florida just got better. Note to all UFA, you may get a payday, but you might end up playing somewhere very un-sexy. "Don't try to get happier than happy," Colin Cowherd. Did you hear that Big E?

Shouldn't be a surprise that the guy who signed Campbell to that disgusting contract is the one taking it back on. Maybe it will turn out that Tallon's firing was all an elaborate ruse for Chicago to have a place to dump bloated contracts.

Filpulla + Smith + 1st would prolly make them think hard but I wouldn't do it for a year of Burns even tho we'd probably re-sign him.

That'd be a terrible trade for Detroit.

Everyone needs to stop throwing Filppula into trades, he's not going anywhere, you're just making an ass out of yourself.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Shouldn't be a surprise that the guy who signed Campbell to that disgusting contract is the one taking it back on. Maybe it will turn out that Tallon's firing was all an elaborate ruse for Chicago to have a place to dump bloated contracts.

no... He messed up big time.

Guest CaliWingsNut

@DarrenDreger

Robyn Regehr has agreed to waive his no-move and will accept trade to Buffalo. Kotalik involved as well.

Just saw the Seto for Burns trade, guess Burns is going to become tainted on the Sharks roster and we will lose all respect for him next year. Hopefully the Wings do something soon and pick up Wiz or another top tier defenseman.

Just saw the Seto for Burns trade, guess Burns is going to become tainted on the Sharks roster and we will lose all respect for him next year. Hopefully the Wings do something soon and pick up Wiz or another top tier defenseman.

He was always inconsistent.

I was talking on the phone with a friend who is a Hawks fan and he even asked me, what the **** is Holland doing sitting on his rear. I said "I don't know but I am starting to get nervous that he isn't doing anything."

Guest Crymson

I was talking on the phone with a friend who is a Hawks fan and he even asked me, what the **** is Holland doing sitting on his rear. I said "I don't know but I am starting to get nervous that he isn't doing anything."

As seems to be the case with most Hawks fans, your friend is an idiot! :)