• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Trade Speculation Talk...

Rate this topic

Shouldn't be a surprise that the guy who signed Campbell to that disgusting contract is the one taking it back on. Maybe it will turn out that Tallon's firing was all an elaborate ruse for Chicago to have a place to dump bloated contracts.

Tallon effectively traded Olesz and McCabe for Campbell, Tim Kennedy and a pick. If that were presented to you as one deal, would you take it?

Very little chance this happens, but this makes the Smyth deal sooo much more interesting. Now I'm really hoping it doesn't go through....Doughty in a Wings jersey: UNBELIEVABLE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/746932-detroit-red-wings-how-theyre-effected-by-the-philadelphia-flyers-trades

The likelihood of the Wings getting Doughty or Johnson away from LA is -50 to 0%. The guy who wrote the article is no different than you or I speculating for the fun of it. Like was previously said, it'd be insane for the Kings to add Richards if it was going to cost them a top Dman.

The likelihood of the Wings getting Doughty or Johnson away from LA is -50 to 0%. The guy who wrote the article is no different than you or I speculating for the fun of it. Like was previously said, it'd be insane for the Kings to add Richards if it was going to cost them a top Dman.

One could always dream though... ;) Haha I don't think it's nearly as absurd as the cries for Shea Weber. But I agree, it is unlikely to happen.

One could always dream though... ;) Haha I don't think it's nearly as absurd as the cries for Shea Weber. But I agree, it is unlikely to happen.

That's true, haha.

Bob McKenzie reporting that Smyth for Brule is dead because of concerns over Brule's health.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Ryan Smyth update: LA-EDM had agreed to deal (Brule and a pick), Smyth waived NTC but all reportedly fell apart over Brule's health.

Tallon effectively traded Olesz and McCabe for Campbell, Tim Kennedy and a pick. If that were presented to you as one deal, would you take it?

No. Call it personal, but I don't want Campbell anywhere near my team. He's grossly overpaid.

The4thPeriodDB Dennis Bernstein

Simon Gagne will not return to #TBLightning per @AndrewKnollNHL. #LAKings will be among teams to kick tires.

Where is all this money coming from? Richards, talk about Gagne, and resigning Doughty.... Please bring Doughty to Detroit

Very little chance this happens, but this makes the Smyth deal sooo much more interesting. Now I'm really hoping it doesn't go through....Doughty in a Wings jersey: UNBELIEVABLE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/746932-detroit-red-wings-how-theyre-effected-by-the-philadelphia-flyers-trades

could holland throw a $7 mill offer sheet his way? yes. but I doubt it happens, holland covets draft picks way to much

Chicago bids adieu to another piece of the core.

Is this a serious post?

Before, Campbell was always considered the biggest part of the Blackhawks supposed "capocalypse". He was the guy that was supposedly going to keep us from getting the quality depth we needed to make a legit Cup run. he was also the guy who was considered "unmovable" because of his albatross contract.

But now that the Blackhawks find a way to dump that horrible contract, it's "lol Hawks lose another pice of their core". What a joke. Campbell was the Blackhawks 4th best defensemen.

Also, you said they bid adieu to "another piece of their core". So, what core player have they lost? Byfuglian? Versteeg? Ladd? Madden? What core player have they lost?

The Hawks ended up keeping their top 4 forwards, their top 3 d-men, and coming out even in the goaltending situation during the supposed "capocalypse". Now they have all the key players locked up long term, and the cap space to add that quality depth.

Is this a serious post?

Before, Campbell was always considered the biggest part of the Blackhawks supposed "capocalypse". He was the guy that was supposedly going to keep us from getting the quality depth we needed to make a legit Cup run. he was also the guy who was considered "unmovable" because of his albatross contract.

But now that the Blackhawks find a way to dump that horrible contract, it's "lol Hawks lose another pice of their core". What a joke. Campbell was the Blackhawks 4th best defensemen.

Also, you said they bid adieu to "another piece of their core". So, what core player have they lost? Byfuglian? Versteeg? Ladd? Madden? What core player have they lost?

The Hawks ended up keeping their top 4 forwards, their top 3 d-men, and coming out even in the goaltending situation during the supposed "capocalypse". Now they have all the key players locked up long term, and the cap space to add that quality depth.

I think he was referring to Brouwer.

But either way, the core thing was a joke, stemming from a few Chicago fans calling basically everyone they kept, including Campbell, part of the 'core'.

Is this a serious post?

LOL you got Rostislav Olez for him, his contract is so much worse, after last season when he regressed majorly he is over 3 million dollars worth of useless player. Florida clearly won that trade, getting close to the cap floor, getting a pretty good offensive D man in the process and Chicago lost his point production, even if it was expensive. Chicago may have gotten some cap space freed they have seriously regressed defensively and offensively. As for quality depth, 7 players and 13 million in cap hit, needing a good back up, a #3 defenseman, and two top 6 forwards? I still don't see the Hawks coming into this season much better than they were last season.

Edited by Shaman464

Is this a serious post?

Id like to add the fact that Patrick Sharp is UFA next year and will command at the very least 3mil a year and probably more if he hits the open market. So you guys arent quite out of the woods yet.

what are the chances holland unloads franzens contract to a team trying to get to the cap floor? i like the mule, but he is seeming to become very injury prone and streaky. that contract could be an absolute albatross in a couple years. everyone talks about trading huds and flip but what about mule?

what are the chances holland unloads franzens contract to a team trying to get to the cap floor? i like the mule, but he is seeming to become very injury prone and streaky. that contract could be an absolute albatross in a couple years. everyone talks about trading huds and flip but what about mule?

Yea, let's just trade off one of our best playoff performers when healthy. Sounds good.

The return would have to be amazing. And even if Detroit did it to simply get some cap space, the alternatives on the UFA market aren't better than Franzen.

The return would have to be amazing. And even if Detroit did it to simply get some cap space, the alternatives on the UFA market aren't better than Franzen.

Quoted for truthiness.

its not even about the cap space. my point is that franzens contract COULD be really bad in a year or two if he continues to be injured. with so many team trying to get to the cap floor this could be the perfect time to trade him. im looking more into the future than I am in the now. the return would have to be an nhl ready prospect that can jump into the fold immediately.

its not even about the cap space. my point is that franzens contract COULD be really bad in a year or two if he continues to be injured. with so many team trying to get to the cap floor this could be the perfect time to trade him. im looking more into the future than I am in the now. the return would have to be an nhl ready prospect that can jump into the fold immediately.

Which is it that you are looking for? :blink:

Which is it that you are looking for? :blink:

basically franzen's contract COULD be horrible in a couple years and people on here will be calling for kenny's head. kenny talks about making trades to improve the defense so maybe trade franzen for a d man and get out of his contract.

kinda like what philly just did.

I just read that Ottawa is looking to move Gonchar and Kuba. I wonder if either of these players are options for us rather than overpaying for someone on the market. Gonchar is somewhat injury prone and commands a $5.5 mil salary, but before he was with the Sens, he had some very impressive numbers in Pittsburgh. He would really boost the PP. I think if we unloaded Hudler, it would really lessen the cap hit that would come with Gonchar. Kuba is a $3.7 mil cap hit and he sounds like a Wings type of defenseman... "Has terrific size and mobility from the back end. Displays both decent offensive instincts and a sound defensive approach. Is also a low-maintenance defender." per THN.