• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Confirming Carolina has signed goalie Brian Boucher for two years for a total of $1.9M.

I guess we still have McCollum... :siren:

I say we start Larsson and Osgood as the back up and trade Howard to the Avs for THREE firsts and a second. :P

No room for forwards now for the Wings with 12 guys signed, plus Emmerton (out of options) and Mursak.

No backup goaltender, no #2 defenceman.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I know, right I can not believe the league outlawed trades and stopped the Free agency period at 2:45....

Oh what's that you say, the Wings can make trades to free up a forward roster spot or two, they could even sign more players still.

Oh s*** I thought they were screwed for a minute there!

I know, right I can not believe the league outlawed trades and stopped the Free agency period at 2:45....

Oh what's that you say, the Wings can make trades to free up a forward roster spot or two, they could even sign more players still.

Have you seen any indication out of the Wings front office that this is at all part of the plan? They've had a ton of time to free up Hudler if they wanted to.

I know I want what you said to be the case, too, but the NHL-calbre defencemen and backup goaltenders are going fast. Boucher would totally have fit in in that backup role, getting 18-25 games behind Howard.

If you're going to wait in a slim UFA market, then you run the risk of losing out on the better players. Simple as that.

As this team stands right now, we are not going past the 1st round.

Wait... is it true that we can also sign players after today too?

:hehe:

Stamkos to Detroit e4, heard it will be a favor from Yzerman to Holland for all the money we paid him in Detroit...

Haha

Hypothetically, what if Stamkos just did not want to play for TB.... what if for some reason he wasn't comfortable there and wanted to go somewhere else. Maybe Holland trades him to Detroit for something, who knows.

Again, I'm just pipe-dreaming. I would s*** a brick.

Have you seen any indication out of the Wings front office that this is at all part of the plan? They've had a ton of time to free up Hudler if they wanted to.

I know I want what you said to be the case, too, but the NHL-calbre defencemen and backup goaltenders are going fast. Boucher would totally have fit in in that backup role, getting 18-25 games behind Howard.

Yeah because it is a good idea to do all of your deals/moves in the media, that way all of your fans know you are at least doing something. Instead of negotiating on the phone with WPG for Bogosian (it is a potential deal) Holland should do it through LGW or the Freep, that way his fan base knows what he is doing.

Free agency has been going on for 3 hours, very few major trades have happened yet.

I am not saying Holland lands anymore players or makes any moves, what I am saying is; it is 3 hours after all of this started and people on here are tweaking!

What if by the end of the day Holland trades for Bogo, giving Huds, Flip, and Emmerton (or Kindl or Smith) freeing up the room to sign Richards?

Will all of you come back on here and say you overreacted? NO, no one ever does.

July 1st and the trade deadline are the biggest Holland headhunting days of the year on here.