Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#22 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Burke now has been able to trade Kaberle, Blake, Toskala, Hagman, and Lebda away. Say what you want, but he's gotten rid of pretty much all the dead weight (looking at you Komisarek) Great trade for Toronto, if Lombardi can get healthy it's even better.

#NOMOREKINDL

#23 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

You know what, maybe we shouldn't be laughing because this may mean Suter and Weber is are a lock to stay in Nashville.

Edited by Heaten, 03 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#24 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

You know what, maybe we shouldn't be laughing because this may mean Suter and Weber is are a lock to stay in Nashville.

They had enough cap space to lock Weber,Suter and Rinne even without this hilarious trade :ph34r:

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

They had enough cap space to lock Weber,Suter and Rinne even without this hilarious trade :ph34r:

Nashville have an internal cap, not an NHL cap.

#26 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Lebderp's contract ends after this season, Franson will be RFA and looking for a raise.. say he makes at least Lebderp's level, we'll say 1.5, it'll probably be more after this year's offseason. Lombardi was slated to make 3.5 the year after this.

So assuming Lebderp and Franson cancel out in terms of salary for the 12-13 season (Lebda would be off the books anyhow), Nashville saves 3.5m in salary for that year via Lombardi, who may or may not come back to form after a nasty concussion.

This is a salary move, but not so much for this upcoming season; rather, it's for the next, when Suter is set to become a UFA.

For this year, Nashville has the internal assets to solidly replace Franson on defense and keep Lebda as a backup. They may also replace Lombardi from within; they have some solid forward prospects making their way up from within the system.

Good move for both sides.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#27 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

How in the world can TO move Bart Ledba and we are unable to move Hudler? :huh:
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#28 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Nashville have an internal cap, not an NHL cap.

yeah,I know,but they dumped 'only' $2.85M

#29 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

yeah,I know,but they dumped 'only' $2.85M

Lebda's contract comes off the books next year, so actually, it's more. This could be over half of what Suter re-signs for. Pretty significant, actually. Looks like Suter won't be available after all.

#30 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

How in the world can TO move Bart Ledba and we are unable to move Hudler? :huh:

He will be moved if Kenny wants to move him, he's probably just waiting to see the max amount he can get and who he is going to fill that roster spot with, when the deal is made... just be patient...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#31 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

He will be moved if Kenny wants to move him, he's probably just waiting to see the max amount he can get and who he is going to fill that roster spot with, when the deal is made... just be patient...

Hard to be patient when the team is missing:

1 goalie
1-2 forwards
1 Defense (maybe if one is traded and another higher end is somehow acquired)
2 coaches
1 partridge in a pear tree

Edited by Rivalred, 03 July 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#32 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

I definitely think Toronto wins this trade.

#33 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

This offseason continues to baffle me...

#34 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hard to be patient when the team is missing:

1 goalie
1-2 forwards
1 Defense (maybe if one is traded and another higher end is somehow acquired)
2 coaches
1 partridge in a pear tree

July 3rd. I repeat... July 3rd.

The goalie we're missing is a BACKUP
The forward needs are debatable in the first place, but once again, July 3rd, and trades still exist.
Coaches are Babs decision, and unless they're not there come training camp, that's hardly something to get worked up about...

Once again, I re-itterate. Be patient...

I feel like a damn grief counselor, talking people off buildings on this board around this time of year...

Edited by stevkrause, 03 July 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#35 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Over the years I have come to respect what Nashville has been able to do, competing with players that aren't superstars and still giving the Wings and Western Conference fits and making the playoffs. But this off season they have lost and not really gained anything good. I can't see how Weber would want to stay on a team that is going backwards. But then again, the Preds done it before without top notch talent so maybe they can do it again.

#36 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

This offseason continues to baffle me...

Other than a little bit of a head scratcher in E's contract, I've loved it so far, Holland has managed to get tremendous value in a very thin FA class and filled holes without mortgaging our future, or putting us in cap hell for an unproven, or over-rated player and there have been other very entertaining contracts/trades, that have been fun to watch... and the beauty is... July 3rd.

It's not done yet...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#37 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Over the years I have come to respect what Nashville has been able to do, competing with players that aren't superstars and still giving the Wings and Western Conference fits and making the playoffs. But this off season they have lost and not really gained anything good. I can't see how Weber would want to stay on a team that is going backwards. But then again, the Preds done it before without top notch talent so maybe they can do it again.

thats what im thinking too. if nashville is still going to operate on a small budget, that means there'll be less money to spend on other players after signing weber and suter. why would weber want to stay? he could get his $$$ elsewhere on a team that will spend to field a more competitive roster.

#38 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

July 3rd. I repeat... July 3rd.

The goalie we're missing is a BACKUP
The forwards are debatable in the first place, but once again, July 3rd and trades still exist, or were those forgotten about?
Coaches are Babs decision and unless they're not there come training camp, that's hardly something to get worked up about...

Once again, I re-itterate. Be patient...

I feel like a damn grief counselor, talking people off buildings on this board sometimes around this time of year...

I might need to talk you off your soapbox a little considering I haven't been around much over 7+ weeks and not up to date on the hockey world. I am catching up this weekend and just posted in what I see...

And yes, I realize you are just frustrated with everyone saying "blah blah blah" and that is the time you finally decided to respond to such, but pick a more well deserving candidate next time; aka a broken record.

I am not going to get into a pissing match over FA's, gaps in the roster, and woulda-coulda-shoulda thoughts nor am I going to derail a thread. If ya want to share more, feel free to PM me and I may get around to reading, checking, and responding.

/ clean up as I have to read up on hockey transactions + sweep up all the dried powdered soap from the broken soap box.

Good for the Leafs, I hope this trade really helps them this season and as for the Preds, they are a hardworking team... Fun to watch, but do not enjoy playing against them. May the Lebda transaction help Detroit during games and in the standings in a positive manner.

Edited by Rivalred, 03 July 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

I might need to talk you off your soapbox a little considering I haven't been around much over 7+ weeks and not up to date on the hockey world. I am catching up this weekend and just posted in what I see...

And yes, I realize you are just frustrated with everyone saying "blah blah blah" and that is the time you finally decided to respond to much, but pick a more well deserving candidate next time.

/ clean up as I have to read up on hockey transactions + sweep up all the dried powdered soap from the broken soap box.

In that case, I apologize for it being in reply to your post as it not entirely directed at you... as you've missed a LOT of asinine, knee jerk over-reactions over these past 7 weeks, just go back and read some of the threads and you'll see where I'm coming from...however, the whole context of my post was not directed entirely at you...

With that said, I still think your post specifically was a little bit of an over-reaction to our current situation... the holes we still need to fill are minor and nothing to be concerned about... that was all I was getting at in response to you directly.

Edited by stevkrause, 03 July 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#40 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Welp. Nashville just got much easier to play against.
Posted Image