• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team

I don't think you can compare Drake to Nolan at all.......and why would we give a senior Citizen like Nolan a spot on our third line...who would he replace? Abby? Helm? Makes perfect sense to me.

Brunnstrom hasnt been given a real shot since his 1st year with Dallas- the Leafs farm team cant even be considered as real hockey! Give the young buck a chance!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#82 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team

Nolan couldn't get a contract in the NHL last year for a reason

hint: it's not because he's good enough to be a third liner

#83 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Haven't seen this posted so I thought I might as well give it a shot...
http://theproduction...-ramis-sadikov/

Not like he would make the team or be an impact right away, but maybe a project in the future? Could he find a home in GR? Posted decent numbers in the OHL with signs of inconsistency.. But he's HUGE and he's a fighter, if he ever were to pan out I feel like wings fans would love him...
"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#84 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Haven't seen this posted so I thought I might as well give it a shot...
http://theproduction...-ramis-sadikov/

Not like he would make the team or be an impact right away, but maybe a project in the future? Could he find a home in GR? Posted decent numbers in the OHL with signs of inconsistency.. But he's HUGE and he's a fighter, if he ever were to pan out I feel like wings fans would love him...

I like Petr Marazk better.

#85 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

i see Fabian has said he would accept any sort of contract the Wings org offered him, i still think he'll get a 2 year 2 way deal with the scond year a one way, spend some time in GR with a few call ups then next season he'll be Homers replacement.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#86 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

i see Fabian has said he would accept any sort of contract the Wings org offered him, i still think he'll get a 2 year 2 way deal with the scond year a one way, spend some time in GR with a few call ups then next season he'll be Homers replacement.

This excited me when I saw it. Making the Wings would have been tough, the stars would have needed to be aligned (no pun intended) that's for sure. I think he fit's this group great and will be in a Wing wheel at some point soon.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#87 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hard to think about anything other than the horrible crash right now.

But yeah, I love Brunnstrom's attitude.

“If the Red Wings want to keep me in their organization I'm happy wherever they want to put me -- the 'A' team here, or in Grand Rapids or wherever,'' Brunnstrom said. "Of course I want to play with the Red Wings, but just to be with the organization is a big thing for me.''

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#88 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hard to think about anything other than the horrible crash right now.

But yeah, I love Brunnstrom's attitude.

That attitude will certainly help but like someone already mentioned, it's pretty much top-six or GR the way I see it. There's probably little use for him on the bottom two lines.
Thank You TeeMan

#89 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

Brunnstrom-Andersson-Nyquist

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 07 September 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#90 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

Little focker changed his tune from a year or so ago.... Wonder why...

Edited by Rivalred, 08 September 2011 - 12:58 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#91 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

He's been humbled a little, that's a good thing - That is when players excel and reclamation projects in the Winged Wheel begin...

I'm glad to hear this from him and think there is still a lot of upside to him, hopefully he earns a contract, has a real good year in GR this season with a potential couple call-ups and can fight his way onto the roster next season... as I've been saying this whole thread: having almost too many good, NHL-caliber quality players is a good problem to have

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#92 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Idealism --> Experience --> Wisdom --> Maturity (repeat as necessary)

#93 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Brunnstrom-Andersson-Nyquist

That looks very very nice.

#94 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

That looks very very nice.

Two out of three of those players have drawn comparisons to Zetterberg.

Jimmy Howard, obviously an alum and huge fan of Maine's hockey program, referred to Nyquist as a "poor man's Zetterberg".

Hakan Andersson referred to Joakim Andersson as a third line version of Zetterberg or something to that effect.

#95 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Two out of three of those players have drawn comparisons to Zetterberg.

Jimmy Howard, obviously an alum and huge fan of Maine's hockey program, referred to Nyquist as a "poor man's Zetterberg".

Hakan Andersson referred to Joakim Andersson as a third line version of Zetterberg or something to that effect.

So basically a Filppula.

#96 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

He's definitely saying all the right things - http://www.freep.com...5/1053/sports05

Let's hope he means those words and comes into camp determined... he has a ton of potential and if his attitude is truly the way he is speaking now, he'd be a welcome addition to the organization and could really help GR next year en route to making the Wings in 12/13

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#97 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'm not sure what people see in Brunnstrom... He didn't even play in the top 6 role in the SEL.

Glad he's invited to camp, but I doubt the guy will ever crack the NHL. He's severely overhyped.

#98 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

I'm not sure what people see in Brunnstrom... He didn't even play in the top 6 role in the SEL.

Glad he's invited to camp, but I doubt the guy will ever crack the NHL. He's severely overhyped.

Agree, I mean look at all the numbers he’s posted throughout his career; he’s very, very overhyped. I really don’t see the ‘tons of potential’ that is always spoken of. Look, I’m more than happy to have him in our system, I’d like to have him play in GR, but I doubt he ever makes this team and if he does, I doubt he makes it to a scoring line role.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#99 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

Who knows, he could be the next Mikael Samuelsson. Guy did do anything until he joined the Wings as a tryout. Brunnstrom clearly won't be a superstar, but he could be a nice second-line winger in a year or two.

#100 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Who knows, he could be the next Mikael Samuelsson. Guy did do anything until he joined the Wings as a tryout. Brunnstrom clearly won't be a superstar, but he could be a nice second-line winger in a year or two.

I was thinking of the same comparison to Samuelsson but he added some real grit to his game though. We have yet to see Brunnstrom truly show that he's willing to throw some hits. He's got an attitude that he just wants to be a part of the organization. We'll find out how willing he really is because if he can't make enough of an impact with his scoring ability and then he's going to have to use those same skills to do other things. If you can think like an offensive player then there's not much in the way of knowing what other offensive players think and using that knowledge to your advantage on the defensive end like Babs often says.