• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/15 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Wild 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Datsyuk was the only Wing with -2. Kind of fitting as both of the goals resulted from his turnovers. I'm not saying that he didn't have a good game other than that though.

That's Stats

Hudler and Franzén lead the team with 4 points in 4 games followed by Datsyuk, Filppula and White with 3 points.

Zetterberg leads the team with 20 shots but has only one goal.

Stuart and Eaves are the only Wings with at least one game but no points.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Datsyuk was the only Wing with -2. Kind of fitting as both of the goals resulted from his turnovers. I'm not saying that he didn't have a good game other than that though.

I'm bold enough to say he did not have a good game at all.

Two turnovers that lead to goals, weak tipped shots, and in general did not control the play like expected.

Not a bad game for a second liner, but he can do much better than that.

By Dats standards it was a bad game. His two turnovers ended up in the back of our net.

The rest of the night he was fine, he just looked mortal for a change.

Nice game. I don't remember having so much fun watching a team play hockey in a long long time. They just look like they're having fun, and so am I.

Me too. There is just a hum about this team so far this year. They really do seem to be enjoying playing, and a new sense of energy has definitely seeped into this team with the addition of some younger/newer blood.

:lol: How have I never seen that before?!! Is that a Hiei original? :clap:

Yes, I've been calling him SetoGuccibag now for a couple years.

And oh yea. Franzen kisses the crossbar and gets the FIRST PP GOAL FOR THE WINGS!

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL....LIVIN IN A LONELY WORRRRRLD!! SHE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOING AAAANYYYYY WHEEEEEERE!

JUST A CITY BOY!!!!! BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH DETROIT!!!!!

Edited by Hiei

Guest Crymson

Looks like we won't get a 20-25 page bitchfest this time. That happens when we lose our first game.

Hopefully the presence of a 4-0 (or more) streak will lessen the blow.

i dont think franzens face hit the crossbar, or barely scraped it at the most. it was mostly his chest that hit it, and it seemed that he limboed under it. A for effort though!

A pretty much solid 3 periods from the Wings. 2 goals on 2 bad giveaways put them down 0-2 but they pretty much carried most of the play for a majority of the game.

Was it me or was Homer picking out his ear wax out to smooth down his sideburns in the post game interview?

I cant believe how many ppl are whining about Pavs. First of all, on the 2nd wild goal, Pavs had two guys covering him so he lost the puck and it went to the point... where was the forward coverage there? THat was the problem. Obviously Pavs did not have his BEST game, but by no means was he "bad". Honestly, I get extremely bored watching the Wild try to play hockey, so I am sure Pavs must get a hell of a lot more bored playing against them... he honestly just didn't compete like he does any other game... I am sure he will come out flying next week. ANd Babs better take Cleary off that top line I want ZDH. 4-0 and another stinking week off. Go Wings!

Last two games they showed that they've tighten up the defense, today they've let us know that they have balls. I have ceased to look the game after two periods, wasn't expecting the win after what I saw. That was one damn boring game.

NHL.com says this is the first time since 97 the Wings have started 4-0. That can't be true, can it? I seem to remember them going 7-0 or something a few years back and making news. Maybe my memory is faulty and they were 7-1 or something.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020058

At any rate, I think this article is wrong about the "championship feeling." The Wings and their fans have won too much and too often to think 4-0 to start means much of anything except things are going really well right now.