• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

Will Stuart re-sign?

Rate this topic

Well, I would hope that if he does want to move closer to home next year he does one of two things, A. Tells the Wings early enough of his decision so they can trade him to LA at the deadline for Penner or 2. HE lets them know he wants to finish the year out with the Wings and THEN go home, so after the season he re-signs a sign and trade contract with the Wings that the Kings like and gets's traded to the Kings for Penner (who also does a sign/trade.) Of course there is always option C. I'd like to see him re-sign here and when/if Lidstrom retires and Holland gets Suter (or Weber via deadline trade(yes I am thinking positive)) he will still be part of the NHL's best defensive corps and help bring one or two more Cups here.... (positive thinking feels good this morning!)

Would the neg bandits kindly explain to me what about this post warranted a -2? You wouldn't want Suter or Weber or Penner or 2 more Stanley Cups? Would you rather lose Stuart for nothing? So it wouldn't be a good idea to trade him before he leaves or sign/trade him if his heart is in LA? Do you hate Stuart so much that the mere idea of someone mentioned re-sign him makes you sick? Don't just neg someone, be a man and step up and explain the reason you disagree, instead of hiding...

Would the neg bandits kindly explain to me what about this post warranted a -2? You wouldn't want Suter or Weber or Penner or 2 more Stanley Cups? Would you rather lose Stuart for nothing? So it wouldn't be a good idea to trade him before he leaves or sign/trade him if his heart is in LA? Do you hate Stuart so much that the mere idea of someone mentioned re-sign him makes you sick? Don't just neg someone, be a man and step up and explain the reason you disagree, instead of hiding...

If you hate Hudler, youd hate penner. Thats probably why you got negged. I mean seriously penner is probably just as lazy as Hudler and hes is at less of a disadvantage due to his size.

And as for Stewie leaving 2 words Ryan Suter. If hes available i dont see holland passing him up if he can get him.

lets say lids come back next year and we get suter

Lids-White

Suter-Kronwall (let them build chemistry now for when we do lose Lids)

Ericisson-Smith-Kindl

Wow, I guess saying that we would have the best D in the NHL and being positive about getting Suter or Weber, or suggesting that if Stuart wants to go back to So.Cal then we should trade him before he walks for nothing is definitely -5 worthy. Sometimes I wonder about some people...

Maybe I should say, "When/if Lids retires our defense will suck, screw Stuart let him walk for nothing, he sucks and nah, there is no chance in hell we land Suter or Weber so f*** being positive about it!" Now that post would warrant a -50 if I wrote it that way, but I guess that is what I really meant when I said positive things about Stuart and getting Suter/Weber and winning Stanley Cups.

And to you above, if Lidstrom stays, I don't think Holland will go after Suter or Weber. I hope to be wrong, tho.

Stuart for Parros and a pick.

Then he can be with his family in California and we can get a pick for the future, plus an enforcer who the ladies love.

Everyone goes home happy :thumbup:

That would make sense. Where would we fit him in, though? Parros is out for like a month with a torn retina. Took a puck to the face in practice. Doubt he'll come back with a visor on. Anaheim has a lot of younger, quicker guys coming up in the system. Not sure if the Ducks will reserve a spot for an enforcer, or not.

That would make sense. Where would we fit him in, though? Parros is out for like a month with a torn retina. Took a puck to the face in practice. Doubt he'll come back with a visor on. Anaheim has a lot of younger, quicker guys coming up in the system. Not sure if the Ducks will reserve a spot for an enforcer, or not.

You missed the part about the pick as well. Stuart could pull a draft pick.

Parros could fit on our 4th line. We don't have Hall of Famers on that line last I checked.

Edited by GMRwings1983

from det news today .. damn don't wanna lose him, guess his family is still out in Cali?

Stuart lights lamp for family

After stating publicly this week that considerations of living closer to home will figure prominently in his decision to re-sign with the Red Wings for next season and beyond, Brad Stuart scored his first goal of the season Saturday.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111112/SPORTS0103/111120417/Wings-defenseman-Ian-White-sacrifices-face-for-the-team#ixzz1daf0aV43

I hope we can resign him he has been great here I think he is(my opinion) 2nd best defense man we have

Well by stay at home, tough defenseman standards he is one of the best.

5th in the league in hits last year, more blocked shots than any wing last season,logs 21 minutes a night 3 mins of which is short handed. Hes one of the most solid stay at home types in the league and was a good enough for the silver medal winning olympic hockey team.

Hes a pretty big upgrade over Stuart, he does everything he does plus fights and is 4 years younger.

As for the Michigan thing, we're talking about a guy who is leaving the most successful franchise of the last 20 years to be near his family most likely, and you dont think being from Michigan could have an effect?

The face of American hockey who had played for one organization for his whole career signed a one year with Detroit because its where hes from and tarnished a great legacy in many people's eyes.

Being from the area has a huge effect for a lot of players its pretty obvious, its obviously a big deal to be near their families and where they grew up

Aside from being younger, I don't see Gleason as much of an upgrade. Pretty similar players IMO. Really, aside from Suter I don't think any pending UFAs are a real upgrade. There's a handful of guys of a similar level, so I don't think it's a huge worry if we don't re-sign him, especially if Nick comes back again.

Gleason would be a good replacement. Suter obviously. I also like Boychuk, Gorges, Beauchemin, and Zanon. I also like Wideman. Not a physical, stay-at-home guy, but in our system his puck moving and offense might actually produce better results. Plus, if Nick came back that would give us two excellent L/R pairs for the PP points.

Aside from being younger, I don't see Gleason as much of an upgrade. Pretty similar players IMO. Really, aside from Suter I don't think any pending UFAs are a real upgrade. There's a handful of guys of a similar level, so I don't think it's a huge worry if we don't re-sign him, especially if Nick comes back again.

Gleason would be a good replacement. Suter obviously. I also like Boychuk, Gorges, Beauchemin, and Zanon. I also like Wideman. Not a physical, stay-at-home guy, but in our system his puck moving and offense might actually produce better results. Plus, if Nick came back that would give us two excellent L/R pairs for the PP points.

I didnt realize Boychuk was a free agent either.

While Gleason isnt a big upgrade I still think he is one. Hes meaner, more physical and better in his own zone a bit while being younger. Hes not a lot better but I think he is, coupled with his age thats an upgrade nonetheless.

Boychuk would be a good second option and might even be a bit cheaper too.

If Stuarts gone and the wings signa wideman type to replace him, he will be sorely missed. Hes the only bigger, tough dman on the team that can play mean hockey and regular minutes.

The only problem I have with the post is trading for Penner. I thought this guy was going to be an awesome power forward based on his time in Anaheim, but man was I wrong.

We already have a player like him in Bertuzzi. But Bert actually tries harder. Penner has been demoted to the third and fourth line several times in his short time in LA.

And the Kings don't really need a defenseman like Stuart with Willie Mitchell, Matt Greene, and even Doughty to a degree, all of whom are physical and hard hitting defenseman.

Stuart is so seldom tough or mean that I only see him as big, not fast and prone to an occasional costly brain fart. He is OK but there are a lot of OK defensemen in the league and I wouldn't be upset if he left because at his age I think He will be only be going downhill.

Stuart is so seldom tough or mean that I only see him as big, not fast and prone to an occasional costly brain fart. He is OK but there are a lot of OK defensemen in the league and I wouldn't be upset if he left because at his age I think He will be only be going downhill.

Yeah, Stuart is too much of a "teddy bear" for a 6'2 defenseman from Western Canada.

He lays the occasional big hits, but doesn't do anything after the whistle.

I think it would be silly to trade Stuart this season. Remember the prevailing sentiment was that Stuart was also going to go back home in 2008 too after the Red Wings won it all. At this point, he's still a very valuable member to this defense (which looks way better so far) and he has always stepped up his game even more in the playoffs. I guess I don't quite understand what more people expect from Stuart. He kills penalties, blocks shots and is consistently one of the Red Wings strongest d-men in his own zone. I highly doubt the return for a pending free agent is going to get the Red Wings "Stuart value" back in exchange.

Yeah, it's a huge hole if both Lidstrom and Stuart end up leaving next summer but then you really make a run at Suter and another top-four player with all of the cap space.

I guess Stuart tries to up his price a little bit with that statement. I guess he still remembers four trades in 2 years SJS-BOS-LA-DET. If he is going to leave for any SoCal team it does not necessaily mean he is going to play for them for the whole duration of his contract. He may easily be traded once again just for shake-up purposes as no teams will give him NMC. I guess he understand the situation correctly. The only team where players where players feel safe even having no NMC is Detroit.

I really like Stuart. He is pretty reliable fairly physical above average stay-at-home defenceman. I would miss him.

I guess Stuart tries to up his price a little bit with that statement. I guess he still remembers four trades in 2 years SJS-BOS-LA-DET. If he is going to leave for any SoCal team it does not necessaily mean he is going to play for them for the whole duration of his contract. He may easily be traded once again just for shake-up purposes as no teams will give him NMC. I guess he understand the situation correctly. The only team where players where players feel safe even having no NMC is Detroit.

I really like Stuart. He is pretty reliable fairly physical above average stay-at-home defenceman. I would miss him.

Agreed. He's been a great addition for the Wings, and he always elevates his play in the postseason.

The Wings need more toughness on their blueline, so if not Stuart, I'd hope he's replaced with someone at least as physical.

I think Stuart's done a real solid job for this team, but I think him staying depends on what Lidstrom does next season too. I don't want to already toss Commodore out, but I see Smith taking his spot, rotating in with Kindl. If Lids stays (crosses fingers) I see the Wings using Stuart's hit and some of their extra cash to grab a guy like Suter to build a stronger defense core for the post-Lidstrom era. It doesn't add the grit some people want, but Suter is still great defensively and would be an awesome pick-up.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Suter

Ericsson-Kindl

Smith

How I see it playing out, but who knows at this point. It's early in the season, but Lidstrom just looks as good as ever to me. If Stewie does leave, I wish him all the best.

Guest Crymson

The only team where players where players feel safe even having no NMC is Detroit.

Well said.