• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

Failing to react in time to stop a point-blank breakaway shot is far more forgivable than letting an opponent blow by you in the neutral zone. There's a reason most people give goalies a pass for allowing a breakaway goal. Stopping a breakaway is mostly a matter of maintaining good position (which Jimmy did) and hoping the shooter hits you or misses the net (which Richards didn't).

Not attempting to make a save is not attempting to make a save, regardless of whether it's a breakaway or not.

You can blame everyone else on the team for not bailing Hudler out, but the fact is Richards was Hudler's assignment defensively. Again, not terrible. Not like I'm calling him lazy or saying he gave up on the play. He's just slow.

Got it. In situations like that, only one defenseman should be trying to get to the puck, even if his partner is much faster and could beat him (and any opposing player) to it.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#42 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Jiri Hudler should've used his new MMA skills to beat Mike Richards. Lazy slug. Come on Jiri! :ph34r:

#43 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

Reading this thread was harder than Ron Jeremy in his prime. The absurd blinders were so over the top it's ridiculous.

I'm not a Hudler Hater, nor a blind defender, but the Richards goal was completely his fault. That being said, I do think he's played pretty well on the PP (as good as any forward on the point in the passed few years) and I think he's been getting some chances that haven't been going in.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#44 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Reading this thread was harder than Ron Jeremy in his prime. The absurd blinders were so over the top it's ridiculous.

I'm not a Hudler Hater, nor a blind defender, but the Richards goal was completely his fault. That being said, I do think he's played pretty well on the PP (as good as any forward on the point in the passed few years) and I think he's been getting some chances that haven't been going in.

Got it. So blind passes to our defensive zone, lazy skating when trying to defend such, and not attempting to stop a shot are now acceptable behaviors; at least when Hudler is the victim of the ensuing play because everyone is a big fan of hating on him no matter how hard he tries. Did ANYONE notice he was the only player trying to stop Richards from scoring?

#45 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

[font="'Book Antiqua"]Got it. So blind passes to our defensive zone, lazy skating when trying to defend such, and not attempting to stop a shot are now acceptable behaviors; at least when Hudler is the victim of the ensuing play because everyone is a big fan of hating on him no matter how hard he tries. Did ANYONE notice he was the only player trying to stop Richards from scoring?[/font]

Well yes, that's bound to happen when Richards was Hudler's responsibility. Hudler was the only player on the ice even remotely in position to stop Richards. What's Kronwall supposed to do? Cover Hudler's point on the powerplay too?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#46 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Well yes, that's bound to happen when Richards was Hudler's responsibility. Hudler was the only player on the ice even remotely in position to stop Richards. What's Kronwall supposed to do? Cover Hudler's point on the powerplay too?

When the puck cleared the blueline, if Kronwall had started skating as hard as Hudler did, he has that puck way before Richards or Hudler get there. There were also no forwards anywhere near the play. It was basically Hudler trying to stop a much larger Richards, Kronwall coasting off to the side watching, and the forwards just kind of going "meh, whatever. Hey guys (to the Kings) wanna go get a drink while this happens?"

#47 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

If Jiri Hudler pushed an old lady out into the middle of the road and she died, I have no doubt that you will somehow try to justify a way that it was the old lady's fault and not Hudler's.

#48 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

If Jiri Hudler pushed an old lady out into the middle of the road and she died, I have no doubt that you will somehow try to justify a way that it was the old lady's fault and not Hudler's.

She should have walked faster. If she had walked faster, she'd have gotten to the groceries that made it to the other side.

#49 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

When the puck cleared the blueline, if Kronwall had started skating as hard as Hudler did, he has that puck way before Richards or Hudler get there. There were also no forwards anywhere near the play. It was basically Hudler trying to stop a much larger Richards, Kronwall coasting off to the side watching, and the forwards just kind of going "meh, whatever. Hey guys (to the Kings) wanna go get a drink while this happens?"

You're so blind it's pointless to try and make you listen to reason.

It's hilarious that this whole exchange is due to your complete inability to just admit that Hudler is a slow skater, and that his skating can be a liability at times.

#50 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

She should have walked faster. If she had walked faster, she'd have gotten to the groceries that made it to the other side.

What's scary is part of me believes you would be serious about this statement as well had this actually happened.

#51 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Got it. So blind passes to our defensive zone, lazy skating when trying to defend such, and not attempting to stop a shot are now acceptable behaviors; at least when Hudler is the victim of the ensuing play because everyone is a big fan of hating on him no matter how hard he tries. Did ANYONE notice he was the only player trying to stop Richards from scoring?

You're dilusional. Every time you're in one of these absurd defend-Hudler-to-the-death modes and I decide to chime in I make it abundantly clear that I don't blindly hate on him and that I want him to succeed. You like to chastize everyone for their assumed blind hatred but can't, even for a second, take note of the fact that you're at the complete opposite end of the spectrum with your complete blind infatuation.

There are some of us posters who look at Hudler objectively (as much as possible) and some times applaud what he does and some times knock what he does. You, like a few others around here, talk as though your opinions are facts. Sorry to break the news but they aren't. It is not a fact that Kronwall skated back lazily. It is not a fact it as a blind pass to the point. It is not a fact that Howard was not attempting to stop the puck. Those are your twisted, dilusional opinions.

Even if by some stroke of assanine absurdity I conceeded that Kronwall was lazy on that play, that Cleary made a blind pass, and that Howard didn't try, the fact remains that Richards was Hudler's man. Hudler chose to stay at the blueline and try and stop the puck with his stick. He screwed it up and let his responisbility go. Powerplay or not, Hudler (just as everyone else) should be thnking defense first. He missed the puck and got burnt, badly, by Richards.

Eva, you can sit there all you want and be the world's biggest Hudler apologist (and sometimes, although few and far between, I think you get a tough label as being too pro-Hudler and I actually agree, at least in principle, with some of the things you say) but you're no better than the blind idiotic Leaf fans who have been claiming 'this is the Leafs year to win the cup' for the last 20 years. Try taking a look at things objectively for once because it's become insanly obvious that you think Hudler can absolutely do no wrong.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#52 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

she'd have gotten to the groceries that made it to the other side.[/font]

Eva's best post ever.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#53 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Fact is, Eva is trolling all of us and laughing hysterically at his computer since we are all so easily goaded.

#54 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

o?

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#55 matemate

matemate

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

He can score :

He can be gritty :

he is a decent player but still people making fun of him all the time.

I don't get it.

Jiri Hudler should've used his new MMA skills to beat Mike Richards. Lazy slug. Come on Jiri! :ph34r:

Hudler is not "soft".

He plays with a lot of energy and is quite dynamic.

Edited by matemate, 23 November 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#56 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Oh goodness...

I was being sarcastic in that post pretty much poking fun at another poster (not you) who has an absurd Hudler bias ad is beyond stubborn. Scary stalker-like obsession absurd.

I got zero against him and wish him to do well.

Dynamic if you are talking about offensive potential or capability. Dynamic in other things, not so much.

Better to just leave this be. You think highly of him which is fine. I do to a lesser degree.

#57 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I don't get how posting a video of Hudler borderline turtling and being ragdolled is proof that he's gritty?

However, it's about in line with the general hilarity of this thread. Keep it coming :thumbup:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#58 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

I don't get how posting a video of Hudler borderline turtling and being ragdolled is proof that he's gritty?

However, it's about in line with the general hilarity of this thread. Keep it coming :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure he's trolling.

#59 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I wouldn't call it turtling or being ragdolled. It was pretty much even until his teammate knocked his skate out from under him coming back to "protect" him. At that point the refs were involved. And it wasn't really much of a fight, more of a push-fest.

#60 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

I seriously can't stop my laughter from Hudler being called gritty and dynamic.

I'm going to make a thread tomorrow to praise Holmstrom for his speed and passing.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."