19 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Winter Classic trash talk beginning.

This should lead to more interesting moments in 24/7.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

Children, cover your ears.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 28 November 2011 - 11:32 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Does that weasel comment have a particular back story?

#4 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

Does that weasel comment have a particular back story?

As far as I know, Shelley made the comment during the preview for 24/7. As far as why he said it, not sure.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Well... Shelley is a pretty terrible hockey player. Pretty good boxer and teammate, though.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Well... Shelley is a pretty terrible hockey player. Pretty good boxer and teammate, though.

No disagreements there. Although, Dubinsky has one goal in 20 games, if I'm not mistaken.

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

I don't think anyone expects Jody Shelley to put up points on a regular basis. If he was a "horrible hockey player" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Dubinsky to be calling people bad hockey players, seeing as he has scored just 10 points in 20 games this season. Additionally, he's going to be expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with Philadelphia, and i don't believe he will step up, and I really like Dubinsky and view him as a player that has a good mind for the game. Not only will he have Shelley after him, Zac Rinaldo will be on his back, as well. Unfortunately, Brandon Prust will likely have to fight all of his battles. Not like he isn't used to it, he fights all of Avery's battles, too.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

Oh yeah?! Well I'm rubber and you're glue!

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but whips and chains excite me.

So how did those two get along when they were teammates? Are they razzing as friends or trying to start something?

#10 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

Meh, if this time next year they end up on the same team, I'm sure he will swear that Shelly is a class act who contributes millions of intangibles. But smack must be talked, nothing new, exciting or especially shocking about any of this.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#11 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but whips and chains excite me.

yumma hamma it's fright night

So how did those two get along when they were teammates? Are they razzing as friends or trying to start something?

Whenever I hear this sort of thing I always wonder the extent of validity to the comments. I coudl see two former teammates stiring it up to hype the 24/7 show. But then again, Shelley is a bit of a moron so maybe Dubinsky took offense. Who knows, but knowing the 'Marketing Geniuses' at the NHL I bet it's fake
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#12 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

I don't think anyone expects Jody Shelley to put up points on a regular basis. If he was a "horrible hockey player" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Dubinsky to be calling people bad hockey players, seeing as he has scored just 10 points in 20 games this season. Additionally, he's going to be expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with Philadelphia, and i don't believe he will step up, and I really like Dubinsky and view him as a player that has a good mind for the game. Not only will he have Shelley after him, Zac Rinaldo will be on his back, as well. Unfortunately, Brandon Prust will likely have to fight all of his battles. Not like he isn't used to it, he fights all of Avery's battles, too.

I don't think anyone expects Brandon Dubinsky to fight on a regular basis. If he were a "weasel" and had no value to the team, he wouldn't have a roster spot. I think it is a bad time for Shelley to be calling people weasels, seeing as he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the puck, let alone the net. Additionally, if he were expected to back up his big mouth in the upcoming meetings with New York with anything other than fighting, he won't be able to... because he IS a terrible hockey player. I don't like Shelley and I view him as a player that has no mind for the game and is only there to fight, which is all he is capable of doing on the ice. Unfortunately, Claude Giroux, Danny Briere and Scott Hartnell will have to score all of his points for him. Not like they aren't used to it, they score all of Zac Rinaldo's points for him too.

No offense or anything, I like a lot of your posts... just trying to show the opposite perspective from which I view this situation.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Is it just me, or is there a lot more smack talk this season than usual?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Both of these guys are kind of dicks, but Dubinsky is more of a dick in my opinion.

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Their ability to immediately pick out someone else's best virtue is be comended.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Good thing the Rangers never dressed an enforcer who was a terrible hockey player.

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Good thing the Rangers never dressed an enforcer who was a terrible hockey player.

Posted Image

Sucks that he's pretty much been phased out of the Leafs lineup :( With all the injuries, he will get some time, but it looks like Mike Brown has taken his spot.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#18 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Is it just me, or is there a lot more smack talk this season than usual?

Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

#19 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Except this is like the Punter calling out the Kicker with the Punter calling the Kicker a part-time player. :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#20 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

yumma hamma it's fright night

Whenever I hear this sort of thing I always wonder the extent of validity to the comments. I coudl see two former teammates stiring it up to hype the 24/7 show. But then again, Shelley is a bit of a moron so maybe Dubinsky took offense. Who knows, but knowing the 'Marketing Geniuses' at the NHL I bet it's fake

Would have been much better if it had been Avery starting something.