• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

What are you guys thinking about the owners(seemingly) pushing for a decentralized draft? I like everybody sitting down at the tables and the cameras following managers around to see who's talking to who. Also, didn't the Covid-draft take forever?

18 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Everybody calling out the hypocrisy of the league having betting companies as sponsors. I don't see it, I think you take money from Draft Kings and still have strict rules on gambling for the players and staff. 

What is there to talk about? Playing with a minor injury or recovering from an injury with two points in six games and still taking too many penalties. All to be expected.

BET ON THE GAMES YOU CATTLE. BET ALL THE TIME. BET ALL YOUR MONEY. DO IT. BET. BET BET.

>player not under contract bets

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

BET ON THE GAMES YOU CATTLE. BET ALL THE TIME. BET ALL YOUR MONEY. DO IT. BET. BET BET.

>player not under contract bets

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT

Yes, it's called rules. Don't get high on your own supply.

22 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

What are you guys thinking about the owners(seemingly) pushing for a decentralized draft? I like everybody sitting down at the tables and the cameras following managers around to see who's talking to who. Also, didn't the Covid-draft take forever?

Sucks.   Save some money fellow owners....grrrrr

NHL does the draft lottery crap like a 3 monte game, BUT,  the draft is awesome.    I love seeing all the tables lined up and the GM's strolling up to make their picks.      

NHL wants the game to grow, yet they cut themselves off at the knees with stupid decisions.    What do you think Also Known As Kabuto?

22 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yes, it's called rules. Don't get high on your own supply.

I just dont like the hypocrisy

>no betting

>brave player bets

NHL: massive suspension

>no pride

>brave player prides

NHL: okay, lets change the rules

17 hours ago, town123 said:

Sucks.   Save some money fellow owners....grrrrr

NHL does the draft lottery crap like a 3 monte game, BUT,  the draft is awesome.    I love seeing all the tables lined up and the GM's strolling up to make their picks.      

NHL wants the game to grow, yet they cut themselves off at the knees with stupid decisions.    What do you think Also Known As Kabuto?

Decentralized draft means no hot hockey mom crowd watching. Therefore we must stand against this potential assault against the pervs among us. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Decentralized draft means no hot hockey mom crowd watching. Therefore we must stand against this potential assault against the pervs among us. 

I didn’t even think of this. This needs to be stopped. 

20 hours ago, town123 said:

Like I said, I like them all gathered. Also don't want the commissioner calling out the picks instead of GMs.

20 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I just dont like the hypocrisy

>no betting

>brave player bets

NHL: massive suspension

>no pride

>brave player prides

NHL: okay, lets change the rules

more like >dumb player bets

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

The NHL would likely send cameras to the homes of the players expected to go in the first round. 

I saw the video, actually just the point of contact, did not see the aftermath, BUT this look very suspicious. What on Earth was he thinking? Apparently, he is being invested for the death of Johnson.

https://x.com/TheRealKeean/status/1719035452890681595?s=20

Edited by LeftWinger

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I saw the video, actually just the point of contact, did not see the aftermath, BUT this look very suspicious. What on Earth was he thinking? Apparently, he is being invested for the death of Johnson.

https://x.com/TheRealKeean/status/1719035452890681595?s=20

A colleague who doesnt even watch hockey mentioned this to me today. He said b4 I could even give my opinion that it looked intentional to him. I have to agree. The leg motion he makes doesnt look like part of the fall at all.

But then also one of the dead kids teammates came out and stood up for the kicker saying it was an accident and he shouldnt be getting the hate. 

I cant be 100% one way or the other, but it definately looks shady to me. Not sure I could convict him, but I definately wouldnt be sticking up for him either, especially if he killed my teammate. 

6 minutes ago, town123 said:

They got our choice of whatever 1st round pick we give them in 2024 in the Cat trade. If they give that up who gets the pick? Vegas? We keep?

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

They got our choice of whatever 1st round pick we give them in 2024 in the Cat trade. If they give that up who gets the pick? Vegas? We keep?

I guess they would get to pick which one they forfeit?   Only means that whatever year they lose their pick, 2024-2026 everyone after them is picking one spot earlier.

22 minutes ago, town123 said:

I guess they would get to pick which one they forfeit?   Only means that whatever year they lose their pick, 2024-2026 everyone after them is picking one spot earlier.

Essentially they could have 2 picks in the first round give one up and still retain the pick we traded them....vs potentially giving up their only pick in other years...

14 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Essentially they could have 2 picks in the first round give one up and still retain the pick we traded them....vs potentially giving up their only pick in other years...

At least they get to decide after the lottery.   Assuming they just get better like the Wings and Sabres, I'd have to believe it will be a 2026 pick.