• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Martin Biron is the french-est dude I've ever seen. He's almost ludicrously french.

Lol Biron was the Howard of the Sabres broadcast for a while (maybe still is IDK). Every dumb Buffalo chick I ever dated I forced to watch hockey with me, and they ALL commented on how hot he was. It's his eyes. Piercing blue. Couple that with the exotic accent, and dumb upstate broads go wild. Love Marty. Dude slays.

4 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Lol Biron was the Howard of the Sabres broadcast for a while (maybe still is IDK). Every dumb Buffalo chick I ever dated I forced to watch hockey with me, and they ALL commented on how hot he was. It's his eyes. Piercing blue. Couple that with the exotic accent, and dumb upstate broads go wild. Love Marty. Dude slays.

I don't really have anything against the guy, he provides a little personality on the Sabres broadcast. But he's just so...sO...SO...french.

Edited by kipwinger

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't really have anything against the guy, he provides a little personality on the Sabres broadcast. But he's just so...sO...SO...french.

love him. This sport needs more barely literate french regards. It's part of the culture.

I was never a Smith fan, but he definitely doesn't play scared and he's the exact type guy to teach Bedard that he's not in Kansas anymore. These young finesse players need to know that they're not playing 16 year olds anymore. They're playing adult men with careers, million of dollars, and pride on the line. Those kinds of guys are not going to let up on you, ever. Welcome to the NHL kid.

22 hours ago, 88Kaner said:

Brendan Smith fractured Bedards jaw, kinda miss that guy he's an idiot I didn't forget that. But he could fly when he was here and wasn't afraid to get physical. Like a young Chia

I would love to have a player like Smith or Trouba who aren't afraid to use their bodies to punish others. Not a bunch of softies that we have.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:14 PM, Troy McClure said:

Are you just naming french canadians u r aware of?

No. I am referring to a guy that used to do National telecasts before his coaching gig and was obnoxiously French.

Whelp, with that Nylander extension Toronto has basically f*cked themselves for a good long while. They already have no money for defense or goaltending and starting next year they'll have even less. AND they'll need to give Marner and Tavares extensions (or replace them). Marner will make AT LEAST as much as Nylander just got, and Tavares will either have to take a really big discount or else he'll walk and they'll have to find another center that's as good as he is. Either way they'll still have all the same holes and their lineup and less money to fill them.

This makes my heart feel happy and full.

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Whelp, with that Nylander extension Toronto has basically f*cked themselves for a good long while. They already have no money for defense or goaltending and starting next year they'll have even less. AND they'll need to give Marner and Tavares extensions (or replace them). Marner will make AT LEAST as much as Nylander just got, and Tavares will either have to take a really big discount or else he'll walk and they'll have to find another center that's as good as he is. Either way they'll still have all the same holes and their lineup and less money to fill them.

This makes my heart feel happy and full.

I can see JT taking a big paycut

Next year's going to be the toughest for them cap-wise. 

Bert's 100% gonzo and they're probably going to ruin Mitten and Cowan right out of the gates by forcing them into the bottom 6 (instead of letting them develop in the AHL) in order to save a couple Million vs signing veteran UFAs

On the flip side: how could you explain letting a guy like Nylander walk?

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

24 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I can see JT taking a big paycut

Next year's going to be the toughest for them cap-wise. 

Bert's 100% gonzo and they're probably going to ruin Mitten and Cowan right out of the gates by forcing them into the bottom 6 (instead of letting them develop in the AHL) in order to save a couple Million vs signing veteran UFAs

On the flip side: how could you explain letting a guy like Nylander walk?

I agree that Tavares takes a huge paycut, but the math still doesn't really work for them. Every penny they save on a Tavares deal is going to pay Nylander (and then Marner the year after). So they've still got the same four forwards taking up the same percentage of their cap.

Yeah, letting him walk would be a disaster. The time to trade him was a year ago. They needed a hockey trade for a similarly talented, similarly aged, defenseman. I don't know what they do now. They almost HAVE to let Tavares walk completely after next season. Put all that money toward defense and goaltending and look for someone cheaper and/or a young guy on a low end deal to pair with one of the elite guys. Hope Marner/Nylander can drag a loser 2C to a Cup win the way Kane did with Chicago all those years.

Edited by kipwinger

As one of the Toronto area Red Wings fan on the board, here's my thoughts on the Nylander contract...

I'm not surprised by the number. Based on what Matthews, Tavares, and Marner are making, I figured Nylander would want the same.

So the Leafs have Matthews at $13.5 Million, and now Nylander $11.5 Million, the key now is what do the do with Tavares and Marner. If they bring back Tavares and Marner, they're INSANE. I'm hearing media people say Tavares needs to take a team friendly contract, and then sign Marner.

I personally would let both Tavares and Marner go. Marner's going to want $12.5 Million. Sure fans will probably want to kill me, but the Leafs have to free up money. The need more depth, and they need to spend more money on defense and a goalie.

I don't think trading Marner is worth it, because I'd have to get similar salary back. What the Leafs need is to free up money.

34 minutes ago, Barrie said:

As one of the Toronto area Red Wings fan on the board, here's my thoughts on the Nylander contract...

I'm not surprised by the number. Based on what Matthews, Tavares, and Marner are making, I figured Nylander would want the same.

So the Leafs have Matthews at $13.5 Million, and now Nylander $11.5 Million, the key now is what do the do with Tavares and Marner. If they bring back Tavares and Marner, they're INSANE. I'm hearing media people say Tavares needs to take a team friendly contract, and then sign Marner.

I personally would let both Tavares and Marner go. Marner's going to want $12.5 Million. Sure fans will probably want to kill me, but the Leafs have to free up money. The need more depth, and they need to spend more money on defense and a goalie.

I don't think trading Marner is worth it, because I'd have to get similar salary back. What the Leafs need is to free up money.

It's definitely worth it either one could bring in a haul but you are just limited on who and what you can trade for. If I'm the leafs I keep Marner over Nylander but that's just me. 

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

Not picking on you, just piggy backing off you and addressing the board/fandom in general,

I find it sorta funny that you can ask any hockey fan of any franchise; how do you get elite players? And the answer 9 times out of 10 is: You have to draft them.

Then you ask any hockey fan, what should the leafs do? And the answer 9 times out of 10 is: Trade their eilte drafted players of course.

You can see their is at least some level of dissonance here.

If we were in the leafs shoes right now, and Yzerman, Fedorov, Zetterberg, and Datysuk, were all on the roster, SOOOOO many of you would agrue we have to keep the boys together. Might not be the fairest comparison, but understand this is the best thing the leafs have seen in 300 years or some s***. They break this record again every year,

4 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Not picking on you, just piggy backing off you and addressing the board/fandom in general,

I find it sorta funny that you can ask any hockey fan of any franchise; how do you get elite players? And the answer 9 times out of 10 is: You have to draft them.

Then you ask any hockey fan, what should the leafs do? And the answer 9 times out of 10 is: Trade their eilte drafted players of course.

You can see their is at least some level of dissonance here.

If we were in the leafs shoes right now, and Yzerman, Fedorov, Zetterberg, and Datysuk, were all on the roster, SOOOOO many of you would agrue we have to keep the boys together. Might not be the fairest comparison, but understand this is the best thing the leafs have seen in 300 years or some s***. They break this record again every year,

All those guys were elite two way players... Toronto has two small finesse guys. They also wouldn't all be demanding top dollar besides Fedorov. 

6 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

MSG.

Also Alex Tanguay

Dont watch MSG. Never saw him. Can't say. Tanguay on NHL Network was very French.

5 hours ago, Barrie said:

Nylander could have been traded, and got a very good return based on his stats this season

Use the salary saved to sign an actual dman in free agency.

Assets + high end dman > Nylander.