• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/21 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Canucks 4

Rate this topic

I can also see how the ref determined that the vancouver player was pushed into Howard on that 4th goal. I have called goals like that before, but I have to be 100% sure the player was pushed into the goalie and didn't just fall into him. Its all perspective.

Personally, I don't think Zetterberg's 'push' was enough to warrant letting the play go on but I can acknowledge that some may feel as though it was. That being said, I didn't see any attempt at stopping (by Hanssen). I can understand some people not thinking the play warranted a goaltender interference call. However, I cannot understand how if the ref felt Zetterberg gave Hanssen a nudge that this was not incidental goaltender interference. To me, that play should have been blown dead with a face-off in the neutral zone.

Also, check out Bieksa's comments:

http://video.thescore.com/watch/col-3-stl-2

As cheesy as Kesler's comments (in reference to the hit) were Bieksa's are way worse

Edited by mmamolo

Personally, I don't think Zetterberg's 'push' was enough to warrant letting the play go on but I can acknowledge that some may feel as though it was. That being said, I didn't see any attempt at stopping (by Hanssen). I can understand some people not thinking the play warranted a goaltender interference call. However, I cannot understand how if the ref felt Zetterberg gave Hanssen a nudge that this was not incidental goaltender interference. To me, that play should have been blown dead with a face-off in the neutral zone.

As cheesy as Kesler's comments (in reference to the hit) were Bieksa's are way worse

I can see how the goal can be called either way. The most surprising part of the play IMO was the push to Lids after the goal- Lids was just standing there.

I didn't see this live, but here is a video of the Kesler knee-on-knee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQqFNehnpSU

I didn't watch the game last night, but after seeing that hit about 10 times in a row, I couldn't give a s*** about the loss. Wins come and go, but the Canucks are gonna remember THAT for a loooong time. Love it.

I can see how the goal can be called either way. The most surprising part of the play IMO was the push to Lids after the goal- Lids was just standing there.

I didn't see this live, but here is a video of the Kesler knee-on-knee.

Yeah, I didnt like the knee/knee hit either. It wasn't a huge deal or anything but yeah, wasn't cool.

Honestly, if a lot of the Canuck players weren't such douchebags they would be a much more fun team to watch. Plus, living in Canada any Canucks game that is on I have to sit there and listen to overtly biased commentary. That only makes it that much harder to handle

point of contact

keslersabitch.jpg

aaaaand what canucks fans see

keslersabitch1.jpg

To me it's another Kronwall borderline hit. He does the exploding upward thing, when he really doesn't need to. He would've crushed Kesler even without the jump.

And my guess is the league is going to be cracking down on these exploding up hits, as it targets a lot of energy towards a player's head. They've already suspended someone this season for a very similar hit where his skates were technically on the ice at the point of contact (can't think of who right now because I haven't had coffee). In Shanny's video for that suspension he points out that even though the skates were on the ice at contact, the height they reached during the hit showed too much of a leap.

Honestly I think this should've been a two minute penalty in the game. I have no idea what Shanny will do, and have little sympathy for Kesler when he decided to turn little ***** for the rest of the game. Overall I'd prefer Kronner get better at keeping his skates on the ice so these hits are squeaky clean, because he'll still crush the guy that way.

To me it's another Kronwall borderline hit. He does the exploding upward thing, when he really doesn't need to. He would've crushed Kesler even without the jump.

And my guess is the league is going to be cracking down on these exploding up hits, as it targets a lot of energy towards a player's head. They've already suspended someone this season for a very similar hit where his skates were technically on the ice at the point of contact (can't think of who right now because I haven't had coffee). In Shanny's video for that suspension he points out that even though the skates were on the ice at contact, the height they reached during the hit showed too much of a leap.

Honestly I think this should've been a two minute penalty in the game. I have no idea what Shanny will do, and have little sympathy for Kesler when he decided to turn little ***** for the rest of the game. Overall I'd prefer Kronner get better at keeping his skates on the ice so these hits are squeaky clean, because he'll still crush the guy that way.

From what I remember (there have been a lot) most of the 'charging' suspensions have been from plays that involve direct contact to the head or force the head into the boards. Thus, I don't think this hit will warrant a call from the league.

There are hits in (almost) every game that involve a player leaving his feet. Lapierre left his feet for a check last night. IMO both are nothing more than a two minute penalty (if seen, like any penalty). Further discipline should be based on the contact (directly to the head or forcing the head into the boards) and the violence of the hit. To me, Kronner's hit did not effect the head, and it was not excessively violent.

This is the kind of s*** that is literally ruining the game. Whining and bitching after a good hit. Kesler claiming Kronwall should have to stand up for himself after a clean hit. How about this Ryan: keep your ******* head up and refrain from staring at the puck like the kids do in peewee, and you wont get drilled like that. Running your mouth with absolutely no intent to back it up. Kesler and Bieksa are both spotpicking little pieces of s***. This s*** drives me nuts. Bieksa: "Its so sneaky". No s***. Waddya want, a "heads up" from the opposing player? ******* pansees. Take a hit and play the god damn game.

This is the kind of s*** that is literally ruining the game. Whining and bitching after a good hit. Kesler claiming Kronwall should have to stand up for himself after a clean hit. How about this Ryan: keep your ******* head up and refrain from staring at the puck like the kids do in peewee, and you wont get drilled like that. Running your mouth with absolutely no intent to back it up. Kesler and Bieksa are both spotpicking little pieces of s***. This s*** drives me nuts. Bieksa: "Its so sneaky". No s***. Waddya want, a "heads up" from the opposing player? ******* pansees. Take a hit and play the god damn game.

Honetly, I think that's why so many people hate the Canucks. Bieksa saying it's dirty because it's 'sneaky' is absurd. A close knee on knee by kesler, that's dirty. The canucks just ***** about everything that doesnt go their way.

I've never hated the Canucks, I actually used to like them. But a handful of players on that team are just so whiney

what the hell is with bieksa pushing, punching, crosschecking after the play every freaking time. He never does it to any tough players on ANY team. wish someone would kick the crap out of him again, like last year when he thought he was tough playing calgary, and he got one punched. that made my whole season right there. Why do teams let that puss get away with that crap ?

Sadly, I feel Kronner will get suspended due to the follow through as he left the ice as others have pinted out.

Should the 4th goal been called off? Eh, Canucks player was going hard to the net, but lost an edge and slid into him which pulled Jim into the net...

Wait and see I guess..

Honetly, I think that's why so many people hate the Canucks. Bieksa saying it's dirty because it's 'sneaky' is absurd. A close knee on knee by kesler, that's dirty. The canucks just ***** about everything that doesnt go their way.

I've never hated the Canucks, I actually used to like them. But a handful of players on that team are just so whiney

They used to have some respectable players (Trevor Linden and Brendan Morrison come to mind). Bieksa acting tough is beyond humorous, seeing as how he has fought Patrick Marleau and Viktor Stalberg last year. Fought Brandon Dubinsky at the beginning of this year, and made some kinda gesture after an uneventful fight.

Either way, Vancouver is once again proving themselves the whiniest friggin team in the league.

I sort of hope Kesler will end up on another team. Hopefully in a different environment with better leadership he'd cut out the antics and focus on his game.

1. Pittsburgh

2. Vancouver

3. San Jose

4. St. Louis

My four most hated teams in the league. You could ice two full teams of ******* from these rosters.

I have no respect for Bieksa, Kesler, Hamhuis, the Sedins, and Burrows.

Either way, Vancouver is once again proving themselves the whiniest friggin team in the league.

I sort of hope Kesler will end up on another team. Hopefully in a different environment with better leadership he'd cut out the antics and focus on his game.

I still remember him trying to play Mr. Tough Guy and taking swipes at Chara while being separated by the linesman.

1. Pittsburgh

2. Vancouver

3. San Jose

4. St. Louis

My four most hated teams in the league. You could ice two full teams of ******* from these rosters.

I have no respect for Bieksa, Kesler, Hamhuis, the Sedins, and Burrows.

That's a pretty good list. :P

Honestly I have no ire for St. Louis. They're a good team that's hard to play against. I'm certainly not a fan of the other three for a bunch of reasons, but I'd still put Vancouver at the top when it comes to complaining and whining. I know people hate Crosby and that he whines, but as a team I don't think the Pens are that way, diving included. Thornton runs his mouth sometimes in the press and at the refs too, but again as a team they don't approach the embarrassing crap that the Canucks have done.

i think there's a small chance he gets suspended for this.

but i think the fact that kesler got up and tried to fight him will actually help. if he was laying on the ice in a pool of blood then they'd find a way to suspend him.

if he does get suspended for this... well i just don't know.

"he got him with a kronwallian poke-check!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

what the hell is with bieksa pushing, punching, crosschecking after the play every freaking time. He never does it to any tough players on ANY team. wish someone would kick the crap out of him again, like last year when he thought he was tough playing calgary, and he got one punched. that made my whole season right there. Why do teams let that puss get away with that crap ?

It's frustrating because aside from the crap Bieksa pulls like that (which is mostly based on his arrogance) he's actually a pretty solid player.

I can't believe i never saw the one punch

Fantastic game, but horribly officiated. But the Canucks traded blows with the Wings and came out on top.

I just heard on the radio there will be no supplemental discipline to either Kronwall or Kesler. I think that's the right call.

Regarding Bieksa's comments, Kronwall is sneaky, and Bieksa is a much better interview than most players because he rarely bulls***s anyone. Not sure why what he said has people so up in arms here. And that type of Kronwall hit has been critized in the past.

Kesler lost his s*** and today he probably knows it. He's shown in the past that he learns from his mistakes and rarely repeats them. I'm hoping he does that again. Dumb move to throw his leg out like a wet noodle, even though I don't believe there was any malicious intent behind it. There just wasn't even force thrown into the effort.

Canucks don't have leadership? WTF?

The Hansen goal and officiating. Just heard Ferraro say the Canucks deserved 2 - 3 powerplays in the game they never got and that the officiating was terrible. I agreed last night as I was watching the game, and as Canucks fans we saw this last season when the Canucks PP was lethal and referees put their whistles away when it came to giving the Canucks a powerplay. Seems that's on repeat this year.

The Hansen goal is a tough call either way. Did Zetterberg knock Hansen down? I doubt it because immediately after the goal Ferraro said in real time during the game: "I'm watching Hansen take his skate off and give it to the trainer." That indicates to me that Hansen probably lost an edge, although it's possible that happened when he stepped on something in the scrum afterwards, but the most likely scenario is that Hansen lost an edge and collided with Howard. So probably in my opinion it shouldn't have been a goal.

That brings us to the worst call or non-call of the game. Less than a minute earlier Kesler lost his s*** and tried to get at Kronwall - Kesler gets a penalty. Howard then loses his s*** and tries to get at Hansen - no penalty. Bulls***.

If nothing else, this sets up for a great next game between these two teams.

It's frustrating because aside from the crap Bieksa pulls like that (which is mostly based on his arrogance) he's actually a pretty solid player.

I can't believe i never saw the one punch

Type in Kostopoulos vs bieksa jan 22, 2011

I watch it once a week. It cheers me up when I need a good laugh

Canucks don't have leadership? WTF?

Not sure if that was directed at my post, but I said better leadership.

The captain is great when he just plays hockey, but he's a known diver and had several flops that are just disgraceful. He reacts to typical hockey hacking and whacking like he's a soccer player. The Canucks showed their lack of leadership in the playoffs last season. Henrik completely disappeared in the SCF's. Daniel doesn't dive as much but wasn't very good in the SCF's either, unless you count taking punches to the face. Him predicting a game 7 victory only to immediately backtrack was pretty comical too. Then there's Luongo yapping about Thomas's goaltending, after he had crapped the bed a few times in the playoffs.

I'm a Kesler fan but he is too much of a hothead and still shows his lack of maturity like he did last night. Then there's the finger biter... The gutless player in Lapierre.

They're not totally without leadership, but like I said earlier, it's not coincidence that the Canucks have a reputation for being whiners and divers. Nucks fans can brush it off as envy or hate, but there's also solid reasons behind why many people feel that way. Teams develop a certain personality, and to a lot of people for Vancouver it's an extremely talented but whiny diving team.

That brings us to the worst call or non-call of the game. Less than a minute earlier Kesler lost his s*** and tried to get at Kronwall - Kesler gets a penalty. Howard then loses his s*** and tries to get at Hansen - no penalty. Bulls***.

You know what? I'd glady take a Howard penalty at 3-2 for some 4-on4 hockey in a trade for that disallowed goal. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Howard wasn't penalized because the refs knew they blew the call right away.