• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Slow GDT activity this season

Rate this topic

I actually have a decent computer this year so I can follow a stream. It's hard to watch and type at the same time.

Plus half of it gets deleted anyway, so by the time you read and respond it's gone. Not a problem if you don't have a feed to watch, but if you have only commercial breaks to type, what you're responding to is gone by the time you hit enter.

I actually have a decent computer this year so I can follow a stream. It's hard to watch and type at the same time.

Plus half of it gets deleted anyway, so by the time you read and respond it's gone. Not a problem if you don't have a feed to watch, but if you have only commercial breaks to type, what you're responding to is gone by the time you hit enter.

It does seem like lately a lot more posts have been getting deleted, even when they're not in poor taste or malicious...

Edited by stevkrause

That's just a general observation I made in my last post. Lots of posts are off-topic or inane, but if all we're looking for is a count, then they are needed. If we're looking for quality hockey talk, then they are gone.

I'm not so good on quality, but I'm as inane as they come.

Edit for clarity.

Edited by 55fan

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

yeah ive noticed that too

i remember when gdts were in the 20s a lot :)

Anyone remember that 180 page GDT from game five of the 2008 SCF?

I think that's how long it was.

Indeed, but a Stanley Cup Finals game is gonna get a s***-ton of posts. Regular season games normally garner between 300-500 posts around here, but there's been a sudden drop this year.

I'm pretty sure that 180 page thread was Franzen's fault. All he had to do was chip the fracking puck off the boards.....

As for slow GDT threads, since our goals against is the best in years, what do we have to whinge about? OK, there's still the refs, Ericsons contract and 20/40 minute efforts.

So better defence, no Samuelsson/Lilja/Lebda/Mcrimmon, even the Enforcer, Hudler and Bertuzzi arguments seem to have calmed down. Maybe this roster has been too stable for too long and we're all argued out.

I wonder why myself. I find I don't post as much during games as I used to, but I'll post afterwards. I'm just trying to focus on enjoying the games rather than analyzing this year.

Could it be that with the economy the way it is, more people are away working? I know a lot of people here work second and third shifts.

The most active members also tend to be boosters, and you know where we like to chillax at during games. That would be your X factor Hockeytown.

This is the first season where my computer is not in the same room as my TV... so I actually have to get off of my butt to type a comment, that kind of exertion of energy is usually reserved for filling my beer glass.

I usually check out the GDT between periods, but whatever comment I was going to make is usually already said by someone else. Also, there seems to be a lot more trolls this year.

Less good hockey talk, more trolls.

Plus, there's only so much you can retread about a team that been mostly stagnant, roster wise, for years....there's just not much to talk about IMO.

This is the first season where my computer is not in the same room as my TV... so I actually have to get off of my butt to type a comment, that kind of exertion of energy is usually reserved for filling my beer glass.

I usually check out the GDT between periods, but whatever comment I was going to make is usually already said by someone else. Also, there seems to be a lot more trolls this year.

That's usually the same for me. When I was on my laptop in the living room with the HDTV I was on constantly. Now I'm a semester away from graduation and I graduated to a desktop in my back office. Didn't spend the money on a better TV and cable box to see them in there (If I lived in Michigan it'd be different, basic cable hookups & FSD is good to go).

I like to post, but I feel weird being the only one posting stuff that's not goals sometimes, I guess.

Most of the posts are for goals, hits, penalties, etc. but it would be nice to have more hockey discussion in the GDT. Unfortunately, most of 'us' are watching, so it is difficult to post/respond to a more detailed analysis of the game.

Most of the posts are for goals, hits, penalties, etc. but it would be nice to have more hockey discussion in the GDT. Unfortunately, most of 'us' are watching, so it is difficult to post/respond to a more detailed analysis of the game.

I just prefer to ignore the trolls and obvious misstatements of facts and just focus on the game.